Seattle Landmarks MSFS

Latest version: v1.3 (2023)

hb42
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: hb

Re: Seattle Landmarks MSFS

Post by hb42 »

I had some feedback on the night lighting of the skyline buildings in both Seattle and Bellevue - to me they appear super bright, especially when viewing them from further away. Would be possible to tone down the brightness?

Also, is it possible to transfer a license purchased from Simmarket to be managed by Orbx Central? The ability for updates to be automatically detected and easily downloaded is really valuable, so I am hoping that this can be achieved.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

hb42 wrote: Friday 01 Jan 2021, 07:59 they appear super bright
This feature can look different to different users based on settings, specs, monitors, etc. I'm not sure if we are able to make any correction, but it will be considered before the next update.
hb42 wrote: Friday 01 Jan 2021, 07:59 transfer a license purchased from Simmarket to be managed by Orbx Central
I'm afraid such question should be directed to the respective vendors/shops as we are not managing the licenses in a direct way.
FlyingSinger
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Bruce

Post by FlyingSinger »

Hello,
I just bought your Seattle Landmarks for MSFS when I saw you had the Kenmore Air seaports in there. I flew a sightseeing flight with them in 2009 and would like to revisit in MSFS. It seems to install properly and I can see the airports in the flight plan UI. I define a flight, click Fly, and wait for a while. Flight seems to almost load but then I am at the Windows desktop. No messages. I searched here for "crash" and found some discussion for Chicago but none for Seattle.

Note that for most of my addons I am using a manager app so I can keep the files in a "Package Warehouse" folder and select the ones I want to load. I have a number of freeware airports, mostly small, and around 10 products from Orbx (which are saved in their folder with links they create in the Community folder). I have turned off (not loaded) nearly all of the larger scenery add ons.

Are there any known interactions with other things? I have a pretty robust system with 32 GB RAM running MSFS and add ons from a dedicated SSD.

Anything to try? I have already rebooted and removed most larger add ons. Unrelated to you but I also bought today from SimMarket another company's Saint Petersburg scenery which will also CTD. I removed that when testing Seattle. The only thing these have in common is using a .exe installer. I personally prefer to use .zip files and use the add on selector to control what is loaded with links.

Thanks!
Bruce
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hello Bruce. Frankly speaking I don't remember the similar reports for Seattle Landmarks. In case of Chicago we face such problem indeed, but it's probably caused by the heliports. At the moment we do not have enough info to help you, especially as you even mentioned the same problem with the other addon, which more or less suggests more general problem. Do you see any error in the Windows event log? Maybe this manager app is causing some issues? Have you tried to reduce the sim settings and check if it makes any difference? Sorry but it's really hard to say something smarter on the basis of existing data.
FlyingSinger
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Bruce

Post by FlyingSinger »

Thank you Martin. I did a number of tests this morning and finally it seems that my MSFS installation has been corrupted somehow (no flights are working), perhaps by the installation of the other package I bought and installed, Saint Petersburg Landmarks from a company called Aviajam. This was also a .exe installer but unlike yours, it installed at the Windows level and requires using Add/Remove Programs to uninstall. Since that scenery uses a serial number, my fear is that they replaced a DLL or modified a .CFG file as part of their installation and that this has corrupted my MSFS installation. So this weekend I will spend hours uninstalling and reinstalling MSFS. I really don't like addons that use .exe installers where Windows Defender warns me of an "unknown publisher" and suggests I not run the .exe file.

This is really just FYI as a problem from another developer clearly has nothing to do with you. I hope I will soon be able to experience seaplanes in Seattle. I enjoyed your free Poland Airports addon as one of the first I tried with MSFS back in September or October 2020 and it's clear you are an active and responsive developer.

Thanks,
Bruce
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Thanks Bruce for keeping us updated. We are working hard to provide more sceneries to MSFS, not only landmarks but our airports as well.
Drooly
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Chris

Post by Drooly »

Martin_Starski wrote: Wednesday 23 Dec 2020, 14:24 I'm afraid it can be caused by the last update of MSFS and it can affect all our landmarks :? For sure we will look into this issue, but I'm sorry to say that we would need more time to solve it.
Can I ask if the Seattle landmarks have been fixed yet pls?

Don't want to mess with ORBX install and reinstalls or default Seattle scenery.

Chris
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

We are still in the process of checking our sceneries and updating them for the latest MSFS version.
Drooly
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Drooly »

ETA please?

Its now coming up to a month after I purchased this and I still haven't been able to use it even once.

Why is this particular scenery a problem for you when the others in your range seem ok? I'm reluctant to purchase Chicago landmarks for fear of future MS updates breaking your scenery. I can't be sure but I don't see an awful lot of other scenery makers (I have a dozen ORBX sceneries) suffering?

Just looking for some reasonable feedback as a paying customer.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Unfortunately this is not the only one affected by the update:
DD Stanislaw wrote: Saturday 16 Jan 2021, 07:41 We are aware of the CTD problem and this is our top priority right now. We are quite sure it will be fixed/published next week.
Other issues were introduced in the latest sim update and they are also a top priority for us (mesh issues and LOD issues).
And MSFS is not the only one providing the updates that have significant impact to our sceneries. I understand your point of view and irritation, but please believe me - it's very challenging to provide constant updates, work on compatibility issues and work on the new projects. Please bear in mind that we are only humans, having families, who also need some free time for both them and ourselves to recharge and such specific period we had during last few weeks (Christmas time + winter holidays). But I can assure you that we're at full throttle and we'll solve the existing issues a.s.a.p.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Drooly wrote: Monday 18 Jan 2021, 18:31ETA please?
Few days hopefully.
Drooly
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Drooly »

Thanks for the update.
I'm not unsympathetic and certainly don't want to see anyone stressed in these difficult times. It’s not the delay so much as the lack of information.

I'm sorry MS's updates keep breaking stuff. ASOBO Studio is due to drop a world update any day now so maybe its time for the tin hats? Might it be worth waiting for that to land in case it isn’t just the UK affected?
Here’s hoping this update-breaking business is a short-lived phenomenon and one day you'll have a stable platform to work on.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Thanks for your patience and understading. We're monitoring this and for sure we will provide the respective fix in case of any new changes. However you can imagine that such state of affairs is very troublesome and time-consuming in the long run - nevertheless we will see :)
perohijo
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: David

Post by perohijo »

Hello.
I’ve been having some issues trying to land on KSEA 16L. I have Seattle Landmarks installed, and now I believe that this is the culprit. When I was about to turn on final on 16L on an IFR flight, immediately the sim CTD. I tried several times, from different airports and different aircraft, with the same results. I was trying to figure out what could be the cause of this crashes, and I even lowered my settings to see if it helped but it was the same even though my PC is on the high end side. I decided to approach from the other side, using 34R , and I landed with no problem. I then uninstalled the Seattle Landmarks and tried again on 16L and sure enough, that took care of the problem. It is very strange because I have done many take offs from KSEA and flew around the city with the landmarks installed and had no issue. I think that perhaps because there is so much clutter on that side? If it wasn't for the fact that this only happens with the Landmarks installed, and also that I have flown from heavier airports and no issues, I wouldn't blame your software, but the fact that the problem goes away when I uninstalled it and I could land with no problem leads me to believe that there maybe an optimization problem with it.
I bought the Seattle landmarks from Aerosoft, but I was told I needed to contact you for support.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

I assume that we are talking about default KSEA with our Seattle Landmarks. We know about some problems with CTD, mesh and LOD issues caused by the last MSFS update. On the other hand no-one reported the similar issue with KSEA do far - we need to check if it's possible to replicate it. BTW: have you experienced the same problem before the MSFS update or you had no chance to try?