FS Marketplace
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Re: Seattle Landmarks MSFS

Post by Martin_Starski »

Have you already tried to contact them?
We provided each store with the updated version at the same time.
giosalinas
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Gio

Post by giosalinas »

I contacted them, but they mention that approval can take some time, but it's been more than 3 weeks and still no update. Do you know if the content was approved by MS/Asobo?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

I'm truly sorry that you face such problem but this store sold it and thus should provide the most updated version. We provide all stores with new sceneries / updated versions at the same time and in this particular case we didn't receive any info about any problem with a content.
DennyA
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Denny

Post by DennyA »

So is this crazy warped 5th Dimensional Seattle the aforementioned LOD issue? Good to know it's been fixed, but I bought from the build-in Marketplace and they still only have version 1.0.0. :-( Maybe it's time to ping them and make sure the update didn't get lost in the shuffle?

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

OK, we will check what happened with it.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Denny, please overwrite the following file and let me know if that helped:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g68xhzp62tz9y ... B.BGL?dl=1

The original location should be:
drzewieckidesign-seattlelandmarks\scenery\global\scenery
TonyTazer
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Thomas

Post by TonyTazer »

Hello,

I'm having the same LOD problems with buildings, have purchased Seattle Landmarks a week ago and it's still v1.0 on FS Marketplace!

I was just very hopeful when I found your hotfix here, but unfortunately it didn't help.
In fact, there was no such file "seattleLIB.BGL" to be over-written in the folder you mentioned. The folder contained no files, but just another folder called "TEXTURE".
I still copied the downloaded file into both folders, but it didn't help, still the crappy, broken buildings until I get 100m close.

Can you please post another, working workaround, either here or work with MSFT / Asobo to get it finally updated on Marketplace?

I gladly paid the money to use your product yet can't enjoy this lovely city I know very well as it just looks ugly. While I accept things can break due to updates I wonder how long it takes to get this fixed. In the end, this may inevitably harm your image. Even if Microsoft is behind the delay on Marketplace, in the end it doesn't really matter who's fault it was if the product doesn't work.

Have you escalated this issue to MSFT already as a well-known & respected 3rd party DLC seller? Many thanks in advance for your ongoing attention in this matter.

Best regards,
Thomas Tarnowski
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hello Thomas.
Yes, the Marketplace team is currently processing the update and it should be published asap.

You may consider making a Windows search in the drzewieckidesign-seattlelandmarks folder for that file - perhaps in the Marketplace installer files could be placed differently. Please do not put another copy of it in a place where there was no original file. That would not help. The only fix is to overwrite the original.
TonyTazer
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by TonyTazer »

Many thanks Stanislaw, I will search for the file and rewrite it and delete it from the other two (unintended) locations. Worst-case, I wait for the Marketplace update which should hopefully be online soon (sorry not at my Home PC atm and cannot check).

Best regards,
Thomas
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Thanks Thomas - let us know about the result. We are not able to speed up the process with Marketplace - let's have hope that it will be available soon.
TonyTazer
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by TonyTazer »

Hi Team,

after having searched in the entire folder "drzewieckidesign-seattlelandmarks" - including all sub-folders - I can confirm that the file "seattleLIB.BGL" does not exist.
For your reference, this folder contains 6 sub-folders and 180 files with a total file-size of 1.478.338.898 bytes (see screenshot).
As apparently nobody knows when the updated version will be published on Marketplace I would appreciate any working hotfix.

Many thanks in advance,
Thomas
Screenshot 2021-02-23 211736.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DennyA
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Denny

Post by DennyA »

Thanks for the effort, Martin!

I did a full search and there are no BGL files in drzewieckidesign-seattlelandmarks. In the root of the Scenery folder, there's a file called Bgl.fsarchive, which I assume is a compressed/combined version of the Seattle BGL files. The only thing is scenery\global\scenery is the Texture folder.

Cheers,
Denny
timothyj67
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Timmmmie

Post by timothyj67 »

Scenery doesnt show up as installed under content manager. Purchased thru simmarket