Latest version: v1.3 (2023)

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Re: Seattle Landmarks MSFS

Post by DD Stanislaw »

The LOD issue has been fixed.
After additional tests, the update will be published at all stores & the Marketplace.
stiletto2
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Stiletto2

Post by stiletto2 »

Thank you so much!!
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

New v1.1 of Seattle Landmarks MSFS has been sent to stores.

You will be notified by a store as soon as the new version becomes available. The update is published as a complete installer.

Please note - you do not have to remove the previous version in order to install the update.

Changes in the new version:
- LOD settings made compatible with the latest sim version
- Car traffic now drives on top of bridges
bpieke
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by bpieke »

Just got the update and can confirm that things are working again... :D

Thanks!!
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Thank you for the report! :)
MACHAVIA
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: CHARLESMCEWAN

Post by MACHAVIA »

Hello,

Where can I download the latest update V 1.1 I got V1 in the market place.

BR
Charlie McEwan
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hello Charlie.
The Marketplace should publish the update soon. :) Please monitor updates at the Marketplace.
FlyingSinger
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Bruce

Post by FlyingSinger »

Hello again,

It's been a few weeks and I still cannot run the Seattle Landmarks on MSFS (mostly I have not tried). I have eliminated most addons and in the last two days I bought your Chicago and Washington packages from ORBX Central. Both install and work fine and are quite beautiful (especially Chicago night lighting). I then downloaded your Seattle v1.1 from SimMarket and installed it (I think I tried this before when you first posted v1.1). It still causes a CTD as soon as I click "Fly" with a Seattle location (mostly I have been starting in flight near Lake Union if that matters).

So just now I decided to throw a little more money at the problem. Since the ORBX Chicago and Washington work well, I bought Seattle AGAIN from ORBX this time, thinking perhaps they have some difference in their installer. A different DLL or CFG file for something? Probably not but worth a try for $18. I really want to revisit my Seattle seaplane flight!

Unfortunately it behaves identically. Instant CTD. Recently I have been loading all my addons with a free utility MSFS Addons Linker which works well (I even copied all my ORBX addons to the Addon Linker storage folder so I can see everything in one place). Maybe this makes a difference, so just now I tried copying the ORBX Landmarks Seattle folder directly to Community. This produces a possible clue - Addons Linker gives a message for that one, " <could not read the manifest.json file>" -- of course that shouldn't matter if the Seattle folder is directly in Community (the Addons Linker app allows you to directly embed or use links from other sources like the ORBX installer). I tried MSFS anyway but looking at Content Manager, Landmarks Seattle is listed but "installed version" is blank. So this clearly will not work.

Finally one more thing to try. I took the v1.1 (non-ORBX) folder drzewieckidesign-seattlelandmarks and pasted THAT directly into Community. Addons Linker sees it as a direct folder, v1.1.0, and MSFS Content Manager shows your thumbnail and v1.1. I start aloft over Seattle with Boeing Field as destination, C172, 2500 feet, and I see the cinematic preview screen of C172 in a cloud over Seattle. Click FLY and screen goes black, CTD. What am I doing wrong here?

I don't know if this is similar to problems of others, but it's very frustrating. I am trying hard to get this to work. Any ideas? I thought I would wait and try again after the UK update but since Chicago and Washington work, why not Seattle? Seaplane bases?

Thanks,
Bruce
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
This is a hard case indeed.

You may try navigating to:
drzewieckidesign-seattlelandmarks\scenery\world\scenery
and removing one of the files for a test (trying to launch the sim with one file only). Both of them are vector data but this might help to define where the problem lies.

If this does not help, you may leave both above files but instead go to:
drzewieckidesign-seattlelandmarks\scenery\global\scenery
and remove the seattleLIB.BGL and test it (this is the "library" file with all the models).
Drooly
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Chris

Post by Drooly »

DD Stanislaw wrote: Saturday 23 Jan 2021, 06:06 The LOD issue has been fixed.
After additional tests, the update will be published at all stores & the Marketplace.
Many thanks for the update. My initial impressions having seen it now for the first time is that I'm blown away!

Stunning work. This is a clear improvement over the default photogrammetry for the Seattle area and its being delivered at a phenomenal frame rate - for me at least.

Well worth the wait. Congratulations and thank you
Chris
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Thank you Chris! 8)
FlyingSinger
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by FlyingSinger »

I have an update after further testing. Using the handy Preset feature of MSFS Addon Linker, I saved my current combination of addons then removed everything except the Seattle v1.1 folder I had saved from the SimMarket purchase (not the ORBX one, FWIW). In testing, I first noticed that Content Manager could see v1.1 in MSFS. I set up a flight and noticed that the seaplane bases (Lake Union and the others you added) were NOT showing on the MSFS Flight Planner map. I started aloft near the Space Needle and the scenario loaded normally. Night lighting is amazing as in Chicago. I exited and restored my other addons in addition to Seattle v1.1. A new test flight also worked.

I'm not sure what is going on with the seaplane bases - why they are gone now and why when they are there, MSFS crashes for me. I was hoping to start Icon flights at Kenmore Air as a flew in 2009 (in a Beaver on floats). Oh well. Maybe I can just land on Lake Union, taxi over, and save that .FLT for later use. Hoping someone creates a DH Beaver for MSFS. Cool airplane.

I will be interested to see if this changes after the UK World Update on Tuesday.

FYI/Thanks,
Bruce
FlyingSinger
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by FlyingSinger »

I posted my update before seeing your replies from today - thank you. I will try those things but probably will need to wait until next weekend due to work. At that time I expect I will have the UK update.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Let us know Bruce about the results. In case of MSFS we faced a problem with helipads, so theoretically it can refer to seaplane bases as well. On the other hand no-one reported the similar issue with Seattle Landmarks so far. We will see, but for sure we are doing our best to solve any possible issues.
giosalinas
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Gio

Post by giosalinas »

Hi,
I'm still not able to get the latest version, I have tried multiple things (delete scenery, reinstall FS, etc) but only version available is 1.0. How can I get the latest version?
Thanks