Seattle Landmarks MSFS

Latest version: v1.3 (2023)

migulein
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: migu

Re: Seattle Landmarks MSFS

Post by migulein »

thanks for your answer, no worries, the world is big enough. I will explore some other areas until you find time to fix this.
I really appreciate your work!
Samster
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Samster

Post by Samster »

First of all thank you for such a wonderful product - it adds tremendously to flight sim enjoyment - Seattle is well done, I do have one caveat and I believe you are working on it (oh please, oh please)

KBFI

It is very much the heart of Seattle aviation history, with the beautiful Museum of Flight and the Boeing Flight Test and Delivery Center, as well as the main hangers for the late Paul Allen (Vulcan Corp) and many other corporate hangers I am especially saddened by Asobo's treatment of Boeing's flight test and delivery center - the B-52 hanger (3-390) looks as if it could barely fit a Cessna not to mention the 747 ( the hanger itself has notched in the ceiling beams to accommodate the 47's rather tall tail. The 737 Customer Delivery Centers (3-800 and 3-802) look more like warehouses than the jewels of the company. The tower, the tower... I could go on, but you can understand what heresy this is to a long time, now former Seattle resident. I would ask, nay BEG you to update the Seattle package, but if it requires an additional purchase, I will. Seeing what you have done to Seattle is truly an act of kindness, and I wish you continued great business success.

To paraphrase Pricness Leia "Help me Dr. Zewiecki, you're our only hope".
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Yes, we are definitely thinking about that one and another airport from that area. 8)
Samster
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Samster

Post by Samster »

DD Stanislaw wrote: Saturday 14 Aug 2021, 09:51 Yes, we are definitely thinking about that one and another airport from that area. 8)
Thank you so. very. much!
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
I have checked the Boeing Field, Renton and the Paine Field. All worked fine with no freezes.
We will monitor this but for now, we can not see a clear cause.
DFWSupertrooper
26-49 posts
26-49 posts
Name: DFWSupertrooper

Post by DFWSupertrooper »

DD Stanislaw wrote: Saturday 14 Aug 2021, 09:51 Yes, we are definitely thinking about that one and another airport from that area. 8)
I have to say I had a wild thought the other day that you guys might be doing a major airport in conjunction with all of your landmarks, and wondered if KSEA was in the works potentially. Now, my mouth is definitely watering. If you guys did KSEA that would be EPIC! :D
migulein
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: migu

Post by migulein »

Hi,
it seems, the current Version is 1.2 right ? In msfs-marketplace it is 1.1 maybe this is the reason why i cant load the scenery without CTD.
Do you kow when they will update the version in the msfs marketplace?

migu
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi, v1.2 was released be or SU5. According to the reports from the other developers / forums, it seems that this is issue that Asobo have to fix at their end. Few people got a reply back from Asobo via email stating they are aware of issues with 3rd party sceneries, and are actively looking for a fix. As a workaround it might be worth loading to another airport just to get on the runway, then go back to the main menu, and retry the load.

BTW: We provide all stores with our new updated versions at the same time. Unfortunately in case of Marketplace such update can be even delayed by 2-3 weeks. And it's out of our hands.
Giffdev
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: Giffdev

Post by Giffdev »

On just a side note (half joking, half serious) if you end up using my photos from KBFI and want to create it, I'd be fine if you also want to make me a standing 3d model of a person in the scenery haha. I just got my PPL at KBFI last week! No longer a student pilot!
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Congratulations! 8)
JEP795
26-49 posts
26-49 posts
Name: JEP795

Post by JEP795 »

Hi,

Based on my research, the freezing issue when loading into the scenery is probably a MS Marketplace issue. I was not having this issue a couple weeks back, but it started with Chicago only. Now I am having it in Seattle as well after this week's market update. Uninstalling from the content manager is fixing the issue. Reinstalling the scenery without closing the sim and loading into the scenery works, but the moment you exit the sim, and restart it from the desktop and try to load in again in the area of the scenery it freezes at about 60%.

Hopefully Asobo get's a fix for this ASAP.
JEP795
26-49 posts
26-49 posts
Name: JEP795

Post by JEP795 »

JEP795 wrote: Tuesday 24 Aug 2021, 14:05 Hi,

Based on my research, the freezing issue when loading into the scenery is probably a MS Marketplace issue. I was not having this issue a couple weeks back, but it started with Chicago only. Now I am having it in Seattle as well after this week's market update. Uninstalling from the content manager is fixing the issue. Reinstalling the scenery without closing the sim and loading into the scenery works, but the moment you exit the sim, and restart it from the desktop and try to load in again in the area of the scenery it freezes at about 60%.

Hopefully Asobo get's a fix for this ASAP.
EDIT*: Seattle seems to have fixed itself with a simple reinstall. Chicago still has the same issues though.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Thank you JEP795 for your report, we are trying to get some kind of response from Asobo for some time already.
flyfly
26-49 posts
26-49 posts
Name: flyfly

Post by flyfly »

Seattle or Washington DC Landmarks have never caused problems to me.

Chicago and Moscow still freeze at 60% loading no matter what I try, and I have tried everything.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

This is frustrating to everyone, including us. Let's have hope that Asobo will fix the issue a.s.a.p.