Seattle Landmarks MSFS

Latest version: v1.3 (2023)

Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Re: Seattle Landmarks MSFS

Post by Martin_Starski »

Thanks for your kind words. We have taken note and maybe we will be able to provide in in the next possible update. You can share your materials via our company Email.
panarchist
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: MattPicio

Post by panarchist »

Thanks Martin - there's a stock building there, so even just fixing it so the custom scenery doesn't flatten the existing stock scenery in that location would be great.
Giffdev
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: Giffdev

Post by Giffdev »

When talking about boeing field in seattle (KBFI) I also found a helpful youtube video that shows off the airport and surroundings!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIQgIoe ... nistration
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

It does indeed but pictures are usually better quality than a video. :)
dg3274
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Dave_G

Post by dg3274 »

I just purchased the scenery and while overall it looks fantastic I was somewhat disappointed to see that my helicopter is unable to take off from or land at the heliports. The description of the scenery on the product page also states that the Seattle scenery contains 5 heliports but I can only find 2 shown on the world map in the game. Can we expect an update soon that actually makes the heliports usable?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
Why couldn't you land there?

There is no map indeed which is inconvenient. We are currently working on updating Space Needle so it would be a perfect moment to update the helipads as well. Thank you for your suggestion!

May I ask which helicopter do you use?
dg3274
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Dave_G

Post by dg3274 »

I am using the H135 helicopter from https://flightsim.to/file/8970/airbus-h ... er-project

The only 2 helipads I can find in the area are WA53 and WA54 (1001 Fourth Avenue Plaza and Harborview Medical Center).
When I try to use WA53 or WA54 as starting points the game spawns the aircraft in the middle of Lake Union.
When I try to land at WA53 or WA54 the helicopter does not make contact with the landing surface and just passes through the building object.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

OK, thank you for your report. We will test all landing locations again.
Giffdev
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by Giffdev »

Just curious when any updates will be coming out for this product soon based on feedback, and of course (while i haven't been able to provide a suite of photos), just wanted to add another vote that a Seattle airports for MSFS (especially KBFI boeing field) would be amazing, since KSEA is already a fully done airport and KBFI is so close to it :)
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

We are already working on some other sceneries, but for sure the plan is to provide all our products for MSFS, inluding airports.
Giffdev
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by Giffdev »

Thanks Martin and DD, a while back you asked for more detailed pictures around KBFI. I had some extra time before a flight lesson the other day and took picture/video all around the airport. This is all from the exterior side, but I can maybe try to take more someday of the actual airfield too, but I thought the exterior details would be useful if you want to make Seattle airport KBFI like you requested. Here's a link to them:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AisQBBEkBfJt06IjYBx ... Q?e=77dddO

Let me know if that's helpful, or if there are particular things that would be more helpful (obviously, I can guess that it's harder to do taxi signs etc without lots of interior shots, but those are also more difficult to get when I'm in the middle of my training lessons.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi!
Oh yes, these are very good and helpful pictures indeed! Great job! 8)
Thank you, they will definitely be helpful when we start working on KBFI!
Giffdev
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by Giffdev »

Glad they're useful. Is that in your current Roadmap for msfs anytime soon? Let me know what other pics might help
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Basically any high-quality pics of buildings and marking are useful. Also, up-to-date aerial pics are great :wink:
FlyingSinger
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Bruce

Post by FlyingSinger »

Hello!
I have been away from this a long time, but finally a few days ago after multiple MSFS updates (but before WU5 today), I reinstalled the Seattle Landmarks package (which BTW is absolutely beautiful, especially after dark). Now the Kenmore Air seaplane bases show up as airports and I could finally recreate my 2009 Seattle air tour (but in an XCub on floats rather than a Beaver). Everything works perfectly. I think there was some problem with my installation. So nice to visit Seattle again!
Thanks,
Bruce Irving