Chicago Landmarks MSFS

Latest version: v1.3 (2023)

edpatino
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Re: Chicago Landmarks MSFS

Post by edpatino »

I'm too having the same CTD issues when parking at a ramp or at a gate, and not only at Chicago, but almost anywhere, with Chicago Landmarks installed.
Ed
mbell
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by mbell »

In addition to the CTD I have reported; I to have FPS drop to single digits over the city. I have high and medium settings.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.

We are aware of the CTD problem and this is our top priority right now. We are quite sure it will be fixed/published next week.
Other issues were introduced in the latest sim update and they are also a top priority for us (mesh issues and LOD issues).

Please do not report these issues as they are well known already.
Lander
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Lander

Post by Lander »

Hi,

First of all: great and beautiful design!

I have just 2 questions:
-The first and most importend question is that i also have the Meigs airport from designer Guillermo Zulueta. But since i have the Landmark the airport is "gone" (or the basic version). Can this be helped or is it a question for the other designer?
-The second question is if it is normal that i can fly thrue the buildings without crashing.

P.s. Sorry for the bad English ;).

Greetings
Lander
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi Lander!
Lander wrote: Sunday 17 Jan 2021, 23:41 i also have the Meigs airport from designer Guillermo Zulueta
As Meigs Field doesn't already exist in reality, there are overlapping coverages of the same location. As far as I heard, it was stated that load order is alphabetical, but I'm not fully sure. We've never had any plans to test our scenery with the addon mentioned by you and thus provide any kind of compatibility, especially at the present stage, therefore I suggest asking this developer directly.
Lander wrote: Sunday 17 Jan 2021, 23:41 -The second question is if it is normal that i can fly thrue the buildings without crashing.
My understading is that you have all crashes enabled in your sim. Honestly speaking so far we have been more focused on not generating crashes in the sim, especially taking into account the virtual flying mode.
Lander wrote: Sunday 17 Jan 2021, 23:41 P.s. Sorry for the bad English
False modesty, I suppose :wink:
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hello Lander.

According to Asobo, options to use multiple sceneries for the same are very limited right now, hence it would probably not be possible to use the Meigs scenery with our Chicago.

Our policy is to make all custom objects without crash detection. This policy has been implemented after September 11 (2001) attacks in New York by many developers.
Lander
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by Lander »

hi Martin & Stanislaw,

Thanks for the answer. So now i have to choose between a (ghost) airport and the beautifull scenery. Damn :roll:
But i still can ask it to the other designer orrrr maby i have to waith what the future will bring .
Thx also for the answer from the buildings ; my braincells have been expanded now with 1% :idea: .
And no, its not my quest to crash into buildings but trying to fly between them :wink: .
Ow and euh Martin, its google translate modesty :D

Greetings
Th3PerfectOn3
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: KamilChicago

Post by Th3PerfectOn3 »

Th3PerfectOn3 wrote: Thursday 14 Jan 2021, 17:08 didn't include KPWK executive airport with this landmark mod
This is landmark scenery :D
[/quote]

And a useless helipad is a landmark scenery ?... You already have KPWK ready... I know you want to profit out of it. I'm NOT gonna argue about that It is your right after all. I would say please fix the mod but clearly, that is not your priority another week in...without any update... But what would you expect from a studio that names the product manual in the start menu for Chicago as Seattle?
Lander
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by Lander »

I found the solution.
The only thing i had to do was to rename the map with a letter 'z' in front of the original mapname. FS2020 reads the addons in order of the alfabet.

Thx dokter google
Zimmerbz
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Brad

Post by Zimmerbz »

Is the CTD issue still slated to be fixed this week? Thanks!
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Few days hopefully.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Th3PerfectOn3 wrote: Thursday 21 Jan 2021, 07:33 And a useless helipad is a landmark scenery?
Yes, it is.
Th3PerfectOn3 wrote: Thursday 21 Jan 2021, 07:33 clearly, that is not your priority
Clearly, you are wrong, I am afraid.
Th3PerfectOn3 wrote: Thursday 21 Jan 2021, 07:33 names the product manual in the start menu for Chicago as Seattle
Never heard of this.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

CTD fix:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sirk7mlr2cd3p ... C.bgl?dl=1

Goes to: drzewieckidesign-chicagolandmarks\scenery\world\scenery
DFWSupertrooper
26-49 posts
26-49 posts
Name: DFWSupertrooper

Post by DFWSupertrooper »

DD Stanislaw wrote: Friday 22 Jan 2021, 09:57 CTD fix:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sirk7mlr2cd3p ... C.bgl?dl=1

Goes to: drzewieckidesign-chicagolandmarks\scenery\world\scenery
Thanks for your hard work on all this! Sorry some people have to be ungrateful jack wagons! You guys are awesome and I wish you nothing but the best.
Quality products, great customer support consistently. Keep em coming!
AndyM01
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: Andrew

Post by AndyM01 »

Thanks for the fix. I'm still getting a CTD about 50% of the time when I select a particular runway to use, but if I just select the airport as the departure, it seems OK .... weird.