Latest version: v1.3 (2023)

Nkurun
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Bob

Re: Chicago Landmarks MSFS

Post by Nkurun »

Hi,

I just purchased a community folder version of Chicago and it also gets stuck on loading about half way through, even when it is the only addon in my community folder (and after having deleted the rolling cache, scenery indices and content xml file) ! What is going on?
Nkurun
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Bob

Post by Nkurun »

After a lot more experimentation I finally discovered the culprit is actually Asobo's Chicago Ohare (part of the deluxe upgrade). Once I had deleted that Chicago landmarks loads normally :D :)
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Nkurun wrote: Saturday 18 Sep 2021, 18:29 gets stuck on loading
Please see the Asobo statement about the upcoming fix:
Asobo wrote:We were able to reproduce the freeze on the packages you mentioned to Alyzee and found a fix.
The fix will come with SU7.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Nkurun wrote: Saturday 18 Sep 2021, 20:42 finally discovered the culprit is actually Asobo's Chicago Ohare (part of the deluxe upgrade)
Thanks for sharing this hint with us. Happy flying!
JEP795
26-49 posts
26-49 posts
Name: JEP795

Post by JEP795 »

Nkurun wrote: Saturday 18 Sep 2021, 20:42 After a lot more experimentation I finally discovered the culprit is actually Asobo's Chicago Ohare (part of the deluxe upgrade). Once I had deleted that Chicago landmarks loads normally :D :)
I don't have Asobo O'Hare installed and still have the issue. Uninstalling Asobo's and FSDreamteams scenery does not fix the issue for me :(

Hopefully, the new fix from Asobo will solve my issues. Glad you were able to get yours fixed.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Yes, according to Asobo the upcoming sim update should solve the issue - it's expected "late October".
mmaliniak
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: MarkMaliniak

Post by mmaliniak »

Any news on an update for Chicago landmarks - still dropping to about 5 fps when i fly over it - this is pre the Su and does not matter what plane I fly.
This (and Sheremetyevo) is the only place I experience such severe FPS impact.

Tried everything and have given up - I have a lot of your products but these two are the worst for me personally in terms of performance.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

I'm afraid so far we have not been able to replicate the issue - the question mark is if it's really related to our product or maybe the other addon has such impact to this. We fully believe that there is a problem, but we cannot work on a problem which does not appear on our computers. We are monitoring this topic and perhaps find a solution in the future.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

mmaliniak, the problem is that some customers cannot even run the product while others have stable 40 FPS throughout the city. We do not really know why but this has been reported to Asobo.
We believe that Simulator Update 6 will fix some issues, including some performance issues. Anyway, with every post regarding this topic, please attach your system specs (or even better - a link to the https://www.userbenchmark.com/ benchmark).
mmaliniak
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: MarkMaliniak

Post by mmaliniak »

DD Stanislaw wrote: Thursday 23 Sep 2021, 15:33 mmaliniak, the problem is that some customers cannot even run the product while others have stable 40 FPS throughout the city. We do not really know why but this has been reported to Asobo.
We believe that Simulator Update 6 will fix some issues, including some performance issues. Anyway, with every post regarding this topic, please attach your system specs (or even better - a link to the https://www.userbenchmark.com/ benchmark).
thank you for your response -appreciate it is likely that its an Sim issue as opposed you something you have neccessarily done.

I will wait to see what Asobo do - I will try to capture some footage today - my general specs are

Hotas Warthog (stick and throttle)
Logitech Pedals
Elgato XL Stream Deck
Track IR
Navigraph (sub)

PC
I9-9900 (3.6GHz)
64GB
Windows 10
RTX2080S
Crucial SSD (MSFS only)
Samsung SSD (WIndows)

No clocking and latest NVidia drivers.
SimFanatic
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: SimFanatic

Post by SimFanatic »

I just confirmed the freezing in the loading screen also occurs when the payware KORD scenery by FSDreamTeam is installed. I removed FSDreamTeam KORD and then was able to load the Chicago Landmark's scenery. So the culprit/conflict is either with FSDreamTeam KORD or Drzewiecki's Chicago Landmarks because MSFS loads okay if one or the other is installed but not if both are installed.

I'm seeing if maybe it's a sequence issue so now that I got the Chicago Landmarks to load with FSDreamTeam's KORD uninstalled, I'm re-installing KORD to see if it will work. I'm not holding my breath.
SimFanatic
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: SimFanatic

Post by SimFanatic »

SimFanatic wrote: Sunday 10 Oct 2021, 17:14 I just confirmed the freezing in the loading screen also occurs when the payware KORD scenery by FSDreamTeam is installed. I removed FSDreamTeam KORD and then was able to load the Chicago Landmark's scenery. So the culprit/conflict is either with FSDreamTeam KORD or Drzewiecki's Chicago Landmarks because MSFS loads okay if one or the other is installed but not if both are installed.

I'm seeing if maybe it's a sequence issue so now that I got the Chicago Landmarks to load with FSDreamTeam's KORD uninstalled, I'm re-installing KORD to see if it will work. I'm not holding my breath.
No go! So, I'm not sure where the fault lies with this one, with Drzewiecki, FSDreamTeam, or MSFS/Asobo? Kind of stinks since I paid for both scenery packages and it appears I can only run either or and I'm going to go with FSDreamTeam since I fly in/out of the airport more than I fly over Chicago. :-\

Any comment or suggestion on how this can be addressed by the Drzweiecki Design team?

Thanks and Blue Skies!
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

SimFanatic wrote: Sunday 10 Oct 2021, 17:23 Any comment or suggestion
Hi. Please read the red notification on the main forum page - this is the MSFS bug, which should be solved in the upcoming SU6.
flyfly
26-49 posts
26-49 posts
Name: flyfly

Post by flyfly »

Martin_Starski wrote: Sunday 10 Oct 2021, 20:32Hi. Please read the red notification on the main forum page - this is the MSFS bug, which should be solved in the upcoming SU6.
:?:
Hi, I'm confused. The new red notification (dated October 15th) says SU6 "fixed most issues", but as far as I know, SU6 won't be released until October 19th. How can that be?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Some developers are allowed to do the pre-tests based on the beta version 8)