Chicago Landmarks MSFS

Latest version: v1.3 (2023)

derreklee25
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: saints_hockey

Re: Chicago Landmarks MSFS

Post by derreklee25 »

Also if you do update can you add the new construction that was recently done around wrigley field like the new hotel and the green park area
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
Please look at the red notification on the main page of this forum - this might be related.
Also please note, that we have no way of testing any products on Xbox. All products are tested by the Marketplace team and released afterward.
derreklee25
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: saints_hockey

Post by derreklee25 »

If you want some one to test for Xbox I can help out you just have to figure away to get it on the Microsoft insider hub to download I was arena air race alpha tester on Xbox
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

It is not a problem with "who" - the problem is that developers have no way of testing Xbox products prior to release. Does not matter which developers - Aerosoft, PMDG or us.
savedByYehoshua
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: savedByYehoshua

Post by savedByYehoshua »

Sorry to add more but I'm another xbox series x user with CTD with landmarks installed (CTD occurs when trying to load the flight, simple VFR, no real weather, multiplayer turned off), uninstall and no CTD. I am curious if any xbox series x users are not having CTDs in Chicago with the package installed. I've only tried takeoff from KORD. Hope there will be fixes like the PC version gets at some point.
savedByYehoshua
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

But I've not given up... I'm going to try to run the package turning off online, creating larger rolling cache, etc., If I get to work I'll post back.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Thanks for sharing. As it's stated at the red notification on the main forum page - it seems to be the issue that must be solved by the sim developer. As soon as there is anything that can be solved by us, we will do this immediately.
RobC
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by RobC »

Hello all, I am having a compatibility issue with the DD Chicago landmarks and the KCGX Meigs Field by Z Design Studios.

I have a hill, or mountain, right at the end of Soldier field Image

I read through the last few pages of this thread and I saw some people with both add-ons mentioning FPS and some crashes, but I don't have any of those issues only this one, but I didn't see anyone with this same particular issue.

Note: If I remove the Chi Landmarks the issue goes away, is there anything I can do to fix this myself?

thanks
RC
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi, we've never provided compatibility between Meigs and Chicago Landmarks, but have you tried to set up the priority between both sceneries, which is more or less like creating "layers"? It will change the load order by putting Meigs Field in alphabethic order BELOW our Chicago scenery.
To use Meigs with Chicago Landmarks, just add the Guillermo Z. Meigs to your community folder and make sure it loads as the latest scenery in MSFS. To make sure it loads that way, add a "z" letter prefix to the folder name and it will appear alphabetically placed as the last folder in your Community folder.
For example, if your folder name is "Meigs_Field-Chicago", rename it to "z-001-Meigs_Field-Chicago" (the added "001" will allow you to add more scenery in the future as "002", "003"..., etc., following this same principle, with the letter "z" in front). This is more or less like creating "layers" in MSFS scenery, to give Meigs higher priority than Chicago Landmarks.
Cheers, Ed
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Yes - you may try putting KCGX above or below our product on the scenery list.
Or perhaps Z Design Studios have a solution to this.
AndyM01
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: Andrew

Post by AndyM01 »

I'm not seeing the elevation issue, do you have up to date versions of both addons?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RobC
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by RobC »

Hey guys, thanks for the replies.

Actually, my "zdesignstudios-meigsprofessional" folder is in my "OneStore" folder, and my "drzewieckidesign-chicagolandmarks" folder is in my "Community" folder, probably because I bought the Meigs Pro from the MS store and the other one from SimMarket.

Could this be the issue?

And I checked and I have the latest versions UNLESS the one from the MS Store has not been updated properly yet?

And thanks for the suggestions, I have the Chi Landmarks disabled for now and it's working but doesn't look near as nice.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi. Yes, this could be the issue indeed.
savedByYehoshua
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Ok - back to the Chicago Landmark issue with CTD on XBOX... do you know if the CTDs are gone with the update to MSFS2020 that occurred yesterday. Have you made any updates to the package? No one likes to purchase a product that does not work. Normally, this would result in a refund.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

This is a good question to Asobo... I'm afraid it's to early to say something very definite, but I hope our users will also share more feelings after this last update.
savedByYehoshua wrote: Tuesday 01 Feb 2022, 23:42 Normally, this would result in a refund.
I agree, but you need to address it to the respective store.