Chicago Landmarks MSFS

Latest version: v1.3 (2023)

PGTV
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Payton

Re: Chicago Landmarks MSFS

Post by PGTV »

For me its crashing when selecting any gate. From the "world" planning page I select KORD as my departure and select my arrival airport, have tried KATL and KJFK. Set to high altitude airways, then go select a parking gate, after clicking the gate and when clicking set as my departure it crashes. So far its been 100%. I have however been able to fly into KORD with no problem. The scenery looks great just cant load there.
PGTV
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by PGTV »

Also ive been using the latest A320NX, don't know if that has anything to do with it.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Thanks for all info - we will check it again, although after last change everything was working fine. It's always troublesome to find a cause of problem if the scenery works for some users and for some other ones it doesn't. :?
jayakimbo
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Jay

Post by jayakimbo »

Hello! I'm not sure where I send suggestions. But as a lifelong Chicagoan this addon is absolutely stunning! Spent almost 4 hours straight just flying around with your addon!
My two main suggestions involve two of our other biggest landmarks. Wrigley Field and Guaranteed Rate Field... where the Cubs and the White Sox play.

I didn't see much detail in those as I flew by them. The bing data has the area around Wrigley is a couple of years behind since that's now a booming area with a lot of new construction after they won the world series. I think the whole wrigleyville should be taken into consideration since i consider the area to be a popular tourist spot now. Also, Maggie Daley Park downtown next to the bean still seems outdated! I mainly blame the Bing maps data for not updating...

Also, the smaller details like the Chicago River & Riverwalk. I saw you added the elevated train which was a nice touch, so I thought maybe the river & bridges also needed a little bit more lifelike since it's the most visible downtown beside the skyscrapers. Lifelike as in more tour boats, kayaks, water taxi etc like in the video seen below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5CqYb9uxqE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfztgQZsv6I

Also maybe a touch of our iconic street lanterns on Wacker Drive as well and closer to the helipads or by other iconic landmarks close to ground
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/CqgK-4drlnY/maxresdefault.jpg
https://c8.alamy.com/comp/2AC8MJK/north ... AC8MJK.jpg
https://previews.123rf.com/images/lokki ... wntown.jpg
Lake Shore Drive https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=htt ... AdAAAAABAK
https://preview.redd.it/orf6zvq51ce31.j ... 0ee7b502d0

Michigan Ave Bridge Flags

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 170104.jpg

Sorry for long post, but since I lived here for so long just thought id offer feedback on something I see every day

I feel when the helicopters finally come out most of these details will be vital as more people will be flying much lower!

Anyway, Much love to you guys!
jayakimbo
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Jay

Post by jayakimbo »

Extra video of walking tour of Wrigley, Chinatown https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LDOCUeP594[url][/url]
mbell
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by mbell »

I want to say that I have purchased your products for P3D X plane and MSFS. I have been very happy with the quality.

I reinstalled Flight Simulator and installed this. Chicago Landmarks does not show up at all. I even purchased thru Orbx as well as Simmarket. No change.

Help.
flyingchicken
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: tony

Post by flyingchicken »

Fantastic work on this set! I live in Chicago and am amazed at how well this is done. Congratulations.

I did just want to confirm the CTD some people have reported when spawning at KORD. I have the FSTD KORD addon, if I spawn on a runway everything is fine. If I select a gate or ramp in the map planner, for example SW ramp 1, I can get an immediate CTD on selection of the parking spot (I don't even have to do FLY). But on occasion this does work ok.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

PGTV wrote: Wednesday 16 Dec 2020, 01:41 select KORD as my departure
Are we talking about KORD from FSDT or default one?
jayakimbo wrote: Wednesday 16 Dec 2020, 11:29 My two main suggestions involve two of our other biggest landmarks
Thanks - each suggestions are appreciated and can help us to improve our sceneries.
mbell wrote: Wednesday 16 Dec 2020, 20:44 Chicago Landmarks does not show up at all
Please elaborate - you reinstalled MSFS and now you are not able to install Chicago Landmarks? The installation process is done, but landmarks are not visible? Have you done the clean install? There was no old files somewhere?
flyingchicken wrote: Wednesday 16 Dec 2020, 21:08 can get an immediate CTD on selection of the parking spot
Hi, can you confirm that CTD happens even with the recently - published fix? Is it the same with the default KORD? Any errors in the event log?
PGTV
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by PGTV »

KORD- default premium deluxe for me.
mbell
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by mbell »

I did a clean install again. I installed Chicago Landmarks first before anything else (no manual because of decompression error). The landmarks are now there. I will let you know if ok after everything else is installed.
flyingchicken
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: tony

Post by flyingchicken »

Martin_Starski wrote: Wednesday 16 Dec 2020, 22:35
flyingchicken wrote: Wednesday 16 Dec 2020, 21:08 can get an immediate CTD on selection of the parking spot
Hi, can you confirm that CTD happens even with the recently - published fix? Is it the same with the default KORD? Any errors in the event log?
I will test with default KORD, but I did get an error in the event log, which I'll paste below. Not sure if that's helpful. This definitely is intermittent, it doesn't occur every time:

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5fc94fca
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5fc94fca
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000001d0ab9a
Faulting process id: 0x1ad4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6d40c20ffa8aa
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.11.7.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.11.7.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: 99227da4-9e8b-437b-8a05-5cbfe960060e
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.11.7.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App
FlightSimulator.exe
5fc94fca
FlightSimulator.exe
5fc94fca
c0000005
0000000001d0ab9a
1ad4
01d6d40c20ffa8aa
C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.11.7.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.11.7.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
99227da4-9e8b-437b-8a05-5cbfe960060e
Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.11.7.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
App
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
And what happens if you use the original fix? Does it fix the problem?

Please put THIS FILE into drzewieckidesign-chicagolandmarks\scenery\world\scenery (overwrite the original file).
Drumcode
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: Jacek

Post by Drumcode »

Is this a newer file than what you have shipped in version 1.1?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Nope, it's the same.

In case of default KORD we are not able to replicate any CTD. Maybe there is something in the compatibility between Chicago Landmarsk MSFS and KORD by FSDT :roll: With default KORD do you have the same problem?

We see the problem with default KMDW, so we are trying to find out what is causing this. Sorry for problems, but it's something very new for us and we need to find the way to fix it.
Drumcode
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: Jacek

Post by Drumcode »

Martin, I think it is fair to say that I know you guys will get it right. I'm in no rush. I'll monitor this forum moving forward for some news.