Chicago Landmarks MSFS

Latest version: v1.3 (2023)

Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Re: Chicago Landmarks MSFS

Post by Martin_Starski »

henkerhaus wrote: Sunday 31 Jan 2021, 21:19 I am no longer experiencing any issues
We are very happy to hear that.
Danirustic wrote: Sunday 31 Jan 2021, 16:51 I made 3 short videos
This is really strange indeed. It probably has to be discussed with Asobo.
apbjoern
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: bjoern

Post by apbjoern »

Hi there,

I do still suffer CTDs. I can even load in the scenery, CTDs happens while loading up eg palcing the aircraft to KORD (FSdreamteam addon).

Any solutions? Tnx
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi, do you have the same problem with default KORD?
Have you tried to remove our scenery and make the "clean" install again?
apbjoern
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: bjoern

Post by apbjoern »

Hi, the CTDs do occur while fireing up the flight only with KORD FSD installed. But If I deinstall KORD FSD, the CTDs occures during flights over your scenery. So both ways doesnt help at the end (after clean orbix install).

I am running:

i7 4790k 4,4GHz
1070ti
32 GB RAM
1TB SSD Samsung
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

We've never tested it with the 3rd party KORD, so maybe it's worth asking this developer if he has any idea about the cause of problem. On the other hand - if CTD takes place with default airports, maybe there's a common reason. The point is that the last version 1.2 has been tested by many users and they confirmed that the problem doesn't exist anymore. Now we are not able to replicate it and we even do not have any foothold. Maybe this...
Those of you having issues after replacing the file...have you tried deleting your rolling cache by chance? Just curious. Sometimes that's need to make sure the old is replaced with the new. Best of luck...
DFWSupertrooper
26-49 posts
26-49 posts
Name: DFWSupertrooper

Post by DFWSupertrooper »

I have both FSDT KORD & this Chicago scenery and they work beautifully together. I had an issue once KORD was updated regarding the new runway and needed to update Navigraph data and then make sure that in a certain configuration file (I can't recollect off-hand) that the FSDT AND Asobo KORD were listed above the Navigraph Nav Data line. I have a post on the FSDT support forum that describes the issue and resolution for me. Check that.

PS: Every time I update the navigation data (monthly), I have to go check that file and reorder the lines again.
AndyM01
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: Andrew

Post by AndyM01 »

I can confirm that I have the FSDT KORD and the Meigs scenery installed, and work with the Chicago Landmarks scenery.
AndyM01
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: Andrew

Post by AndyM01 »

AndyM01 wrote: Friday 05 Feb 2021, 17:22 I can confirm that I have the FSDT KORD and the Meigs scenery installed, and work with the Chicago Landmarks scenery.
https://imgur.com/a/zDKYu2M
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Nice view 8)
Jtitus
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Jerry

Post by Jtitus »

Just purchased this and must say it is quite stunning! Great work!

However.... I am now able to fly though pretty much any building I chose in downtown Chicago.

This wasn't the case before... and isn't the case in other cities without scenery add-ons. I've double checked all of my realism settings - modern/maximum, crashes on, and double tested.

Bug or feature?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
This is a feature.
Since 9/11 none of our buildings have crash detection.
Jtitus
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Jerry

Post by Jtitus »

Ha ha. Nice work though. Most beautiful at night. I'm betting the problem is more one of ASOBO's though.

I prefer realistic simulations... and this is turning out to be far more of a game than a simulation.
AddisonFlyer
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: James

Post by AddisonFlyer »

Martin_Starski wrote: Sunday 20 Dec 2020, 22:39
ravencloth wrote: Saturday 19 Dec 2020, 18:10 Is this scenery just pushing my system to its limits on Ultra? Are there any GPU-specific settings I can tweak to enjoy this scenery better close-up?
Each config and specs are different, so it's really hard to suggest something very special, which makes a huge difference. Your specs looks great but MSFS likes to use all opportunities it will give you, especially in Ultra.
Count me in the same boat as ravencloth. I have an RTX 3070 and Ryzen 5800 and I can pretty much fly anywhere on all settings maxed out. For some reason when over the top of this scenery, my fps plummets to 15-20 fps in a GPU limited status. VRAM looks to be off the charts. This happens no matter what settings I use, even on the Low preset. I've also messed with NVIDIA control panel but nothing seems to have an effect on it. It seems like something is not optimized with this scenery. Once I get a certain distance past the downtown core, my fps jumps back up to 45-50 fps. This happens regardless of aircraft as well. Not sure what I can post that would be helpful to the devs, but if you request then I can provide...
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

I wanted to say that the issue is not so obvious as it could be imagined. You can watch many reviews and there is no word about bad performance. Therefore it's always hard to help if you are not able to replicate a problem. Can you share your PC specs and sim settings? And maybe you can also share what other addons do you have? Let's have hope that it will give us a clue.
AddisonFlyer
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: James

Post by AddisonFlyer »

I have an RTX 3070 and Ryzen 5800 with 32 GB of DDR4 3600. I run on Ultra settings usually, but have tried this area even on Low settings and still have the issue. I have many addons, but have tried it with all of them removed as well.