Latest version: v1.3 (2023)

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Re: Chicago Landmarks MSFS

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Yes, we too. :oops:
Currently, we are not sure if this is a new "feature" or a bug that will be fixed in the next sim update.
Zimmerbz
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Brad

Post by Zimmerbz »

Does this issue only happen when trying to start at a gate at MDW or ORD? I got a CTD approaching ORD over the lake in the Neo but was able to fly around the city taking off from FSDT ORD starting on the active runway in a prop. I hope this gets fixed soon!!
AndyM01
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: Andrew

Post by AndyM01 »

I've just purchased the landmarks, and now getting a CTD when spawning at KORD on a runway or at a gate in a Neo. Uninstalled the landmarks and everything is OK. Not tried other aircraft or tried flying in to KORD yet with the landmarks installed, will try later when I get some time. Also getting the weird elevation issues near the aquarium with the landmarks installed.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi, we know the issue and I can assure you that we are constantly looking for the fix (it is still somehow related to ICAO names of heliports) but it is not fully consistent yet. As soon as we have such fix we will post it.
AndyM01
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: Andrew

Post by AndyM01 »

Thanks, and a Happy New Year to you all
CAPT Shark
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Mark_Guinto

Post by CAPT Shark »

Hello,

This is a great scenery! My I first tried it by landing at KORD from KDFW.
Then I flew the drone around the city.

I have v1.1 and have a CTD when selecting starting at any gate. Every time. I pulled the folder out and am able to start at the gate, but 10 minutes after take off and a frequency switch I had another CTD. This possibly is unrelated, but occurred.

I tried the new *.bgl file and still have the same problem.

Any further updates and fixes would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks!

Mark
i9 10900K 5.3GHz, RTX3080, 32GG DDR4 SDRAM, 43" 4K LG monitor.
DFWSupertrooper
26-49 posts
26-49 posts
Name: DFWSupertrooper

Post by DFWSupertrooper »

CAPT Shark wrote: Sunday 03 Jan 2021, 10:06 Hello,

I have v1.1 and have a CTD when selecting starting at any gate. Every time. I pulled the folder out and am able to start at the gate, but 10 minutes after take off and a frequency switch I had another CTD. This possibly is unrelated, but occurred.

Thanks!

Mark
It's a known issue (if you read up further) with the heliports. They're working on a solution and will release an update. For now, I uninstalled the scenery until it's fixed. It is indeed gorgeous and I can't wait to put it back in. KORD will work fine once you do.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Exactly - we will try to provide a fix a.s.a.p.
CAPT Shark
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Mark_Guinto

Post by CAPT Shark »

DFWSupertrooper wrote: Sunday 03 Jan 2021, 13:43
CAPT Shark wrote: Sunday 03 Jan 2021, 10:06 Hello,

Thanks!

Mark
It's a known issue (if you read up further) with the heliports. They're working on a solution and will release an update. For now, I uninstalled the scenery until it's fixed. It is indeed gorgeous and I can't wait to put it back in. KORD will work fine once you do.
Hello DFWSupertrooper,

Ya, once I started having issues I started a search and found the forum in the Installation Manual.
For now I just moved the folder out of the Community folder and on to the Desktop.
From the airport the city looks terrible and jagged.
Looking forward to the fix because the scenery looks awesome!

Mark
henkerhaus
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Todd

Post by henkerhaus »

Hi.
I just purchased and installed the Chicago Landmarks scenery.
Suddenly, I am experiencing the simulator crashing every time I select a departure location from the World Map at any airport in the metro Chicago area.

I get an AFC Bridge error (See the attached image)
Chicago_Landmarks_Issue_2021-01-09_2-47-10.jpg
The AFCBridge is the driver from Honeycomb Aeronautical for the Bravo Throttle Quadrant.
I have flown numerous times with the Bravo Throttle Quadrant from several locations all over the world,
and never have had any issues until now.

I removed the Chicago Landmarks scenery from the Community folder and the problem went away.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi, we know about the issues with crashing sim when our users want to choose stands for departure, but so far it was classic CTD without any error. In your case there is the error of a driver, which is completely unknown for us and we even do not have any idea what can cause it. There is a chance that the source of the problem is the same and this error is only the final result of the original problem and thus we will be able to provide the fix soon.
Hueybart
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Bart

Post by Hueybart »

DD Stanislaw wrote: Sunday 27 Dec 2020, 03:45 Hi.
Thank you for the report!
The new MSFS update introduced some more issues but we will take care of all of them. :wink:
Hi, i have the same issue...
Microsoft Flight Simulator 12.01.2021 10_41_38 (2)_LI.jpg
Microsoft Flight Simulator 12.01.2021 10_40_47_LI (4).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Thanks for reporting this. We will do our best to solve the issues in the nearest future.
Th3PerfectOn3
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: KamilChicago

Post by Th3PerfectOn3 »

Hello Drzewiecki Team... I'm also experiencing CTD when trying to start from the ramp. I'm not gonna sugarcoat how nice things are because they're not. Your mod cost money, and from what I see you couldn't solve the issue for the past month. I also feel disappointed in the fact you didn't include KPWK executive airport with this landmark mod. The whole thing is extremely poorly optimized. I'm running it on a "no money factor" rig with 3090 RTX and still, I have a huge frame drop when looking toward the city.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Please believe me that we are trying to solve it, but this is something unexpected, which is also being caused by the strange behaviour of MSFS. For sure we will not leave it as it is and as always we are very focused on solving the issue a.s.a.p. I can assure you that nobody is more interested in this than we are.
Th3PerfectOn3 wrote: Thursday 14 Jan 2021, 17:08 I have a huge frame drop when looking toward the city.
This is the first such report - in all other cases we heard about very good performance. What are your sim settings?
Th3PerfectOn3 wrote: Thursday 14 Jan 2021, 17:08 didn't include KPWK executive airport with this landmark mod
This is landmark scenery :D