Chicago Landmarks MSFS

Latest version: v1.3 (2023)

Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Re: Chicago Landmarks MSFS

Post by Martin_Starski »

This is very strange, especially if change of settings doesn't make any difference. I talked to my colleagues and they have no idea as well - no-one is able to replicate it :|

It's with v1.2, right?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Please note that after the latest MSFS update numerous customers report FPS drop in the whole sim.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/pe ... /367282/65
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/fp ... own/368480
pcaviator687
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: pcaviator687

Post by pcaviator687 »

DD Stanislaw wrote: Saturday 20 Feb 2021, 15:14 Please note that after the latest MSFS update numerous customers report FPS drop in the whole sim.

I can attest to this...I have horrible frame rates after the latest update. Seems like it's affecting a lot of other users as well. Hopefully Asobo can fix this in a patch soon. I won't fly my sim until it is resolved. I have a very high end system and I had great frame rates prior to the update.
fly60
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: fly60

Post by fly60 »

edpatino wrote: Friday 22 Jan 2021, 17:44
Lander wrote: Sunday 17 Jan 2021, 23:41 Hi,

First of all: great and beautiful design!

I have just 2 questions:
-The first and most importend question is that i also have the Meigs airport from designer Guillermo Zulueta. But since i have the Landmark the airport is "gone" (or the basic version). Can this be helped or is it a question for the other designer?
-The second question is if it is normal that i can fly thrue the buildings without crashing.

P.s. Sorry for the bad English ;).

Greetings
Lander
To use Meigs with Chicago Landmarks, just add the Guillermo Z. Meigs to your community folder and make sure it loads as the latest scenery in MSFS. To make sure it loads that way, add a "z" letter prefix to the folder name and it will appear alphabetically placed as the last folder in your Community folder.
For example, if your folder name is "Meigs_Field-Chicago", rename it to "z-001-Meigs_Field-Chicago" (the added "001" will allow you to add more scenery in the future as "002", "003"..., etc., following this same principle, with the letter "z" in front). This is more or less like creating "layers" in MSFS scenery, to give Meigs higher priority than Chicago Landmarks.
Cheers, Ed
Actually the Meigs folder needs to load first. Add the prefix "a' to your meigs folder not "z"
AndyM01
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: Andrew

Post by AndyM01 »

fly60 wrote: Tuesday 23 Feb 2021, 06:18
edpatino wrote: Friday 22 Jan 2021, 17:44
Lander wrote: Sunday 17 Jan 2021, 23:41 Hi,

First of all: great and beautiful design!

I have just 2 questions:
-The first and most importend question is that i also have the Meigs airport from designer Guillermo Zulueta. But since i have the Landmark the airport is "gone" (or the basic version). Can this be helped or is it a question for the other designer?
-The second question is if it is normal that i can fly thrue the buildings without crashing.

P.s. Sorry for the bad English ;).

Greetings
Lander
To use Meigs with Chicago Landmarks, just add the Guillermo Z. Meigs to your community folder and make sure it loads as the latest scenery in MSFS. To make sure it loads that way, add a "z" letter prefix to the folder name and it will appear alphabetically placed as the last folder in your Community folder.
For example, if your folder name is "Meigs_Field-Chicago", rename it to "z-001-Meigs_Field-Chicago" (the added "001" will allow you to add more scenery in the future as "002", "003"..., etc., following this same principle, with the letter "z" in front). This is more or less like creating "layers" in MSFS scenery, to give Meigs higher priority than Chicago Landmarks.
Cheers, Ed
Actually the Meigs folder needs to load first. Add the prefix "a' to your meigs folder not "z"
What is the difference between loading first or last? It's currently loading last in my sim.
jdohert91
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: jdohert91

Post by jdohert91 »

I was doing an approach into KORD on 27C and the buildings downtown were all white (except the Sears Tower). Sorry i do not have a screen shot. Thought i grabbed one, but it did not show up in my screenshot folder.

I am running everything pretty much on high or ultra.

I have the FSDreamteam KORD addon

Specs are the following:
Intel i7 10700K (overclocked to 4.9Ghz)
RTX 3070
32GB Ram
DFWSupertrooper
26-49 posts
26-49 posts
Name: DFWSupertrooper

Post by DFWSupertrooper »

jdohert91 wrote: Tuesday 23 Feb 2021, 23:20 I was doing an approach into KORD on 27C and the buildings downtown were all white (except the Sears Tower). Sorry i do not have a screen shot. Thought i grabbed one, but it did not show up in my screenshot folder.
I think this is a bug in the Asobo snow display. I have that too and the snow covers other sceneries in other areas that have snow present as well. There's likely nothing wrong with your Chicago.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Yep, that's true.
Knack
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Knack

Post by Knack »

Very good job
No problem on my old 2015 setup in medium gfx

some captures i took

Cheers
Gregory / Knack
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Gregory / Knack, this looks amazing!

Would you mind if I repost these screenshots on our Instagram?
Knack
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Knack

Post by Knack »

DD Stanislaw wrote: Friday 05 Mar 2021, 18:07 Gregory / Knack, this looks amazing!

Would you mind if I repost these screenshots on our Instagram?
Hello Stanislaw

Sure you can

I share them with pleasure. your creations are really superb, they are must-have, well done to your team!
Dylanear
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Dylanear

Post by Dylanear »

DFWSupertrooper wrote: Wednesday 24 Feb 2021, 03:13
jdohert91 wrote: Tuesday 23 Feb 2021, 23:20 I was doing an approach into KORD on 27C and the buildings downtown were all white (except the Sears Tower). Sorry i do not have a screen shot. Thought i grabbed one, but it did not show up in my screenshot folder.
I think this is a bug in the Asobo snow display. I have that too and the snow covers other sceneries in other areas that have snow present as well. There's likely nothing wrong with your Chicago.
Agree this is sad and really hurts the enjoyment of this add on during winter, and Chicago winter is surely a non trivial feature of it's character! I wouldn't be at all surprised if this was an Asobo bug/limitation/oversight. Snow and live weather really do have some major issues and I really hope Asobo can improve them considerably. I can't get snow to show up realistically in my current area, Vancouver at all. We have snow in the mountains all winter, and only rarely here in the city, but I've never found a way to get no, or just light snow in the city and lower coastal areas and still have snow in the mountains.

if there's any work around DD can make, I'd be very, very happy if they could!
Dylanear
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Dylanear

Post by Dylanear »

DD Stanislaw wrote: Saturday 20 Feb 2021, 15:14 Please note that after the latest MSFS update numerous customers report FPS drop in the whole sim.

I was seeing some serious drops in places, but I just deleted and recreated my rolling cache and removed all areas from my manual cache and I'm getting better frame rates over dense scenery/urban areas than I ever have!!! 30 fps at 700ft over Manhattan???!!! It used to be 12-16!!! Not why or how, but I am very happy about it! I can put off a new CPU a bit longer!
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
The snow effect is controlled by the sim engine only - we have absolutely no control over how it displays on airports / in cities. The only thing we can do is to exclude snow from certain objects (like interiors).
Shaundale46
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: ShaunDale

Post by Shaundale46 »

Hello,
I hope I am in correct place, I have just updated MSSFS World update and am on Version 1.15.7.0

I have just downloaded Chicago Landmarks V1.2 as MSFS said it wasn't installed.
In the UK so bought CL from JustFlight store and run the installer and it loads into MSFS without issues, until today.
When I go to content Manager in MSFS it list the DD CL as Not installed, when I click on i Icon it says "waiting for info".
I have no idea what info you would need and how to get that so please let me know.

Is this something "Drzewiecki Design" are aware of and in the process of fixing or is it something I'm doing wrong, silly?

Thank you in advance for any help, it's an amazing product and don't really want to loose it.