Chicago Landmarks MSFS

Latest version: v1.3 (2023)

Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Re: Chicago Landmarks MSFS

Post by Martin_Starski »

Your specs look enough to get the acceptable fps. We believe that there is an issue and we're trying to monitor it, but do far we are still not sure why some have so bad performance while others have stable 40 FPS throughout the city :?
mmaliniak
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: MarkMaliniak

Post by mmaliniak »

ok thanks - its not the end of the world as I dont fly that often over chicago - but it would be nice to enjoy it in all its glory!
yvrbc
50-99 posts
50-99 posts
Name: Paul

Post by yvrbc »

My specs are lower than yours and Chicago runs great for me.

What are your SIM settings
Tailspin488
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: tailspin88

Post by Tailspin488 »

I too get a drop in FPS when flying close to the city. FPS is fine at a distance but within a mile or 2 to overflying the city FPS take a huge hit. It becomes laggy and noticeably worse performance.

PC specs are:
RTX 2070 Super
Ryzen 7 3700x
32GB RAM
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

It is always RTX 2070/2080, isn't it?
JEP795
26-49 posts
26-49 posts
Name: JEP795

Post by JEP795 »

I can confirm, I am also running a 2080S, R7 3700x, and 64GB of RAM. The issue for me is not flying over the city although I do see a slight and expected drop in FPS, rather it's when the scenery loads in from a distance that causes a stutter/pause.

This happens either when I am flying into Chicago, or if I am parked at KORD by FSDreamTeam and I pan the camera around really fast. I have the Off-Screen Cache set to Ultra, but I guess that the heavy load of KORD and the scenery at the same time may be too much for the GPU to handle. Don't think it's a CPU issue.

In the case that I'm not at the airport and I'm just flying in, once the scenery loads in, I can pan around all I want without any issues. It's just that initial load that causes the stutter/pause.
markhendrix
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Mark

Post by markhendrix »

Hey, i have a strange glitch issue on my xbox version. Theres like detailing, pillars and such that keep disapearing when moving about the city. I tried different stuff like turning off the photo thingy mode, deleting the nearest airport, deleting and restoring the pack but it still continues. I have had a few issues with packs and such crashing my game, not installing and such 😦
n01clk
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Thomas

Post by n01clk »

I have just registered to report the same issue on xbox. But well, atleast it's not my machine acting weird 🙃
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

I'm afraid we have not tested/adapted Chicago as Xbox version yet.
n01clk
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by n01clk »

That can happen... I'm just looking forward to it being as pretty as the Seattle landmarks. Cause when I first saw how well you've done the reflection of the buildings from a distance, I must admit I was quite disappointed with the weird morphing when getting closer. But I can see you really set out to make a quality product, that just need a major update for the box ;)
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Such update can be expected 8)
Tailspin488
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: tailspin88

Post by Tailspin488 »

Please include in the update realistic looking night lighting. The current version is much too bright and entire buildings glow oversaturated colors.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Are you able to show how does it look like in your case? Screenshots or video would be appreciated.

On the other hand your opinion is one of dozens different reviews and our night lighting has been viewed positively by many. Please also take into account the fact that there are different graphic cards, monitor settings, graphic setting and different tastes, which we are not able to satisfy fully.
n01clk
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by n01clk »

I can indeed confirm that the colours are a bit oversaturated on xbox as well. Applies to the Seattle landmarks also. But it's a bit of a tradeoff for me cause it looks second to none from a distance, in comparison to other night-time skylines in the game. But when you get close the colours can certainly be a bit too much. I'll try to take some pictures that I can post to show it :)
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Oh, n01clk, in you can, please take a screenshot from the Marketplace to see which our products are already available at the Marketplace :wink: