Chicago Landmarks MSFS

Latest version: v1.3 (2023)

ahamric
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: AndyH

Re: Chicago Landmarks MSFS

Post by ahamric »

I'm seriously considering purchasing this update, the pictures look fantastic.

Question: Does this file ever get updated for new construction in Chicago? I live in the area and my employer just completed a new 50-story office tower south of Union Station this year (at least on the outside). I'm wondering if I can expect it to make it into the update at some point.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
In some point - sure, if you can provide some good pictures of the building and if the building is nice :wink: :roll:
ahamric
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: AndyH

Post by ahamric »

Thanks Stanislaw. Here are some pictures I found on Google Maps plus a render. Maybe by next summer they will have the landscaping/park on the west side done.

https://goo.gl/maps/QkmWjpkspNErhWCa9
https://goo.gl/maps/AvYhF3X57GnJ3uhW9
https://goo.gl/maps/DA5AsDyEKRiDropr5
https://goo.gl/maps/e1mdb6dMsBpGc9Nb8

https://www.skyscrapercenter.com/buildi ... ower/34117
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Thanks! :)
derreklee25
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: saints_hockey

Post by derreklee25 »

After sim update 7 and goty update I can not fly in Chicago on Xbox, every time I start a flight it will ctd also I can cot start at any of the heliports in the volocopter it starts me at ohare or midway then gets me a ctd on pc if I do the same all loads well except starting at a heliport
wickedflyer
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Jason

Re: Chicago Landmarks MSFS Xbox

Post by wickedflyer »

I bought the Chicago Landmarks add-on for Xbox and it’s doing the same thing it seemed to be doing at one point on pc from the earlier posts I read. If you try to load up from a gate at either KORD or KMDW it crashes back to the Xbox Home Screen. If I delete the add-on and try again then everything is fine. Thanks
derreklee25
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by derreklee25 »

Good to know I’m not the only one, msfs xbox is nice but it feels like they rushed it since Chicago landmarks works perfectly on pc
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Guys, we released Chicago Landmarks MSFS before the release of MSFS version for Xbox. I'm afraid we have not tested/adapted Chicago as Xbox version yet. As soon as we release new updated version, it will be adapted to Xbox, similarly as UUEE and EPKK are.
isaiahsnyc
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: isaiah

Post by isaiahsnyc »

Hello I am on xbox series x and just purchased this product and I am getting constant CTD crashes from Chicago landmarks every time I am there. the buildings morph when zooming in and out and disappear and certain angles. is there a fix? was this not tested before selling this product onto the xbox market place? thanks
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Chicago Landmarks was released before the release of Xbox version of MSFS. But I'm afraid such problems should be reported to MS/Asobo, who check all products for both PC & Xbox - if the product is verified by them and is released, there should be no issues. To be very honest we even have no chance to check our products in Xbox before the release. The only difference between PC and Xbox version are LODs, everything else should work in the same way like PC version.
Tailspin488
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: tailspin88

Post by Tailspin488 »

Hello any time frame on an update with LOD and performance improvements? Possibly toned down night lighting in the downtown core?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi. Please have a look here:
viewtopic.php?p=24630#p24630
mmaliniak
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: MarkMaliniak

Post by mmaliniak »

I am still having poor performance with this add-on- down to 15 fps when near the centre of the landmarks, dropping from about 40 FPS on route.
This has been going on for months and its very disappointing.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi, the point is that we are unable to confirm asuch fps drops in our Chicago Landmarks MSFS product, even we did the testing in 4k at Ultra settings :?

We will be more than happy to help you but currently we have no idea how to do it. As far as I remember your hardware is on a good level, so probably it's something else. Maybe it's related to the other product!? What other addons do you have? Do you have any World Update packs?
derreklee25
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by derreklee25 »

Just tried again today on series x took off from midway in the T6 with rolling cache set to 32gb I took off flew to where I could see downtown Chicago everything looked well till it started lagging then ctd