Chicago Landmarks MSFS

Latest version: v1.3 (2023)

ClutchyGaming-YT
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: ClutchyGaming-YT

Re: Chicago Landmarks MSFS

Post by ClutchyGaming-YT »

I've literally tried it with only "Chicago Landmarks" installed and I barely manage 10-12 fps. Everything is fine aittle further out them BAM! It's like I hit a break wall. Fps plumage along with gpu usage. An no there's nothing wrong with my gpu.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

SimFanatic wrote: Sunday 29 Aug 2021, 21:53 gets about two-thirds of the way loading
Umberto wrote:I can only confirm all these scenery crashes are caused by something related to how the encrypted Marketplace is loaded in the sim ( and it has been introduced since SU5 ). The same, exact, scenery, when installed in its unencrypted version in the Community folder, works just fine. With "same, exact, scenery", I mean the package in the EXPORT.ZIP file generated by the export process, which is being sent to the Marketplace team for release, which works perfectly fine in the Community folder.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

ClutchyGaming-YT wrote: Sunday 29 Aug 2021, 22:43 barely manage 10-12 fps
Have you tried to remove the scenery from the Community folder and install once the last version from scratch?
Zimmerbz
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Brad

Post by Zimmerbz »

Is this compatible with SU5? Whenever I try to load the sim, I freeze when in the loading screen about half way through. I have FSDT as well but ran the updater and it still doesn't work. Any issues?
ClutchyGaming-YT
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: ClutchyGaming-YT

Post by ClutchyGaming-YT »

Martin_Starski wrote: Monday 30 Aug 2021, 11:13
ClutchyGaming-YT wrote: Sunday 29 Aug 2021, 22:43 barely manage 10-12 fps
Have you tried to remove the scenery from the Community folder and install once the last version from scratch?
I purchased it in the marketplace so its installed in the official folder. But yes I've tried uninstalling and re-installing, same deal...
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

So far we can only hope that Update 6 (expected on Sept. 7) will fix the existing issues of loading stuck, fps drop and jetways. We all are waiting long enough to wait these few days more.
Asobo wrote:I'm really sorry for the inconvenience caused by this lack of stability (...). The SU5 and its batch of Xbox-related optimizations provoked several bugs, some of them hard to anticipate considering the fact that we don't work with community packages. And even though some of you tested the update in advance, and made feedbacks, we lacked time to fully investigate and fix the bugs. That leaves us with a set of fixes embedded in the upcoming World Update (it's exceptional, usually we no longer push SDK or code changes outside of the Sim Updates).
flyfly
26-49 posts
26-49 posts
Name: flyfly

Post by flyfly »

Today's update doesn't make any difference.
Moscow & Chicago Landmarks (MS Marketplace version) keep freezing at 60% loading.
I'm fed up. I want a refund.
JEP795
26-49 posts
26-49 posts
Name: JEP795

Post by JEP795 »

Ed from Orbx confirmed on the forums that it’s a file encryption issue related to marketplace which is causing the issue, but I’m not sure if it’s the developers or MS that will fix it, since he didn’t specify. Might be worth for DD to double check with their orbx partners to see what’s required. Hopefully this gets fixed soon!
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

flyfly wrote: Tuesday 07 Sep 2021, 18:38 I want a refund.
Please apply for it to the shop, which you bought it from - for sure we will not do any problem with this.
JEP795 wrote: Tuesday 07 Sep 2021, 21:17 file encryption issue related to marketplace
Exactly - we are not able to do anything with this, because we provide the same files to all shops and the problem is taking place in case of Marketplace only. We have no idea what we can do more with this. We reported the issue to Asobo, we are in contact with the other developers like ORBX - maybe we will be able to get some more details soon.
Philipp EDDF
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Philipp

Post by Philipp EDDF »

Hi,

besides the CTD issues, DD Chicago and Z Design Studios Meigs Professional worked well together. Even with SU5.

Since SU6 there are lots of buildings and objects missing in the Meigs scenery. Deactivating DD Chicago makes them appear again.

Is this already known?

Best

Philipp
Zimmerbz
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Brad

Post by Zimmerbz »

I am still getting the freeze when loading even after I uninstalled Chicago via Orbx... Maybe the issue is with FSDT?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Philipp EDDF wrote: Wednesday 15 Sep 2021, 13:24 DD Chicago and Z Design Studios Meigs Professional
We've never tested the compatibility of both sceneries and we've never promoted our Chicago Landmarks as the compatible with Meigs Professional. On the other hand maybe it's worth to rebuild the SceneryIndexes and content files. Besides - as far as I remember - to use Meigs with Chicago Landmarks, it's also necessary to set up the priority between both sceneries, which is more or less like creating "layers".
Zimmerbz wrote: Wednesday 15 Sep 2021, 17:24 getting the freeze when loading
The freeze is a result of the Marketplace DRM encryption fail. It might be caused by any other scenery installed via Marketplace.
Philipp EDDF
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Philipp

Post by Philipp EDDF »

Hi Martin,

I changed the load order by putting Meigs Field in alphabethic order BELOW your DD Chicago scenery and that solved the issue.

Good to know that such CTDs come from MSFS DRM itself. I hope Asobo will find a solution soon. Since SU5 MSFS is a big mess.

Best

Philipp
JEP795
26-49 posts
26-49 posts
Name: JEP795

Post by JEP795 »

I saw on the dev support page that Microsoft was able to replicate a freeze on a particular package that’ll be fixed next update. Is it expected that the fix for that scenery will fix the others like Chicago that are freezing too?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi JEP795.
I guess only Sylvain (FlyingRaccoon) knows the answer to that question.