Chicago Landmarks MSFS

Latest version: v1.3 (2023)

ClutchyGaming-YT
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: ClutchyGaming-YT

Re: Chicago Landmarks MSFS

Post by ClutchyGaming-YT »

Here are a few videos. One without scenery installed in 4k, one with scenery installed in 4k, and one with scenery installed in 480p. Note the difference in gpu temperature. I have also noticed a builderlogerror.txt file in my local cache folder. Not sure if that s something to do with it. Ill also mention these videos were recorded on a fresh install of the sim no other 3rd party addons involved, nothing in the community folder.

4k default scenery https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dLJFaZ ... sp=sharing

4k Chicago Landmarks https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FUIUA4 ... sp=sharing

480p Chicago Landmarks https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qt2RDH ... sp=sharing

Builderlogerror https://drive.google.com/file/d/19oIFzv ... sp=sharing
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Please give us a little bit more time to check it - SU5 caused many issues (with LODs too) in the existing MSFS sceneries and we are already doing our best to solve them for EPKK and UUEE. Secondly, Asobo is also working on some FPS issues which are being caused by objects' distance, so we expect some kind of improvement too.
ClutchyGaming-YT
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

I'll be patient. Thanks for the replies..
mmaliniak
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: MarkMaliniak

Post by mmaliniak »

Hi

I am also having very very low frame rates over the centre of Chicago - flying towards it is fine....40 fps - as getting the centre of Chicago it drops quickly to around 10/15 fps - noticeable struggles. Then clears once past.
I am flying low and slow. (this is the latest MS update 1.18.15.0)

(the same issue in Sheremetyevo Airport - I will put it in another thread)
EG24
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Evan

Chicago Landmarks MSFS Needs Performance Optimizations

Post by EG24 »

Hi, I bought Chicago Landmarks for MSFS and it's really good, but it just needs huge performance optimizations. It's extremely FPS intensive around 15-25 FPS with a RTX 3080 and an Intel I9 10900K. Not sure if the low FPS is due to the scenery not being compatible with sim update 5, but either way there needs to be better performance optimizations with Chicago Landmarks for MSFS!
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

It's probably caused by SU5, which affected many different addons... But we have a holiday season and during this specific time, where many people are trying to forget, (even for a short time) about the pandemic situation, it's not easy to fix all exisiting sceneries in a very short time.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

I am sorry guys, but I am unable to confirm any fps drops in our Chicago Landmarks MSFS product... :roll: See for yourself. Whatever you are experiencing, it might not be related to our product after all.
This is 4k at Ultra settings.

ClutchyGaming-YT
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

My videos confirmed it. Did you even watch the videos? I've literally done a fresh install of windows, all drivers are up to date and I get the same results.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

It is not that I don't believe you - I certainly do, but we cannot really work on a problem which does not appear on our computers...
In any case, we will monitor this topic and perhaps find a solution in the future.
ClutchyGaming-YT
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Yeah it's pretty frustrating. I mean I'm not running a 3090 but with a 2080 super I shouldn't be getting 10fps. That's happens at all resolutions as I previewed in the videos above. I will mention I purchased it through the in game marketplace. Maybe there's something buggy with thier version.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Well, I am running a 3090 but if there was to be an FPS drop it would still be visible.
In fact, I have around 45-50 in the default scenery and just the same (or higher!) in downtown Chicago.
The files in the Marketplace version should be exactly the same, only the install method should change.
Nicolas69
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Nico

Post by Nicolas69 »

I hope the futur KMDW will be full compatible with the Chicago landmark
Malcolm Street
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: B1ggle3

Post by Malcolm Street »

I'm also having problems with Chicago and SU5.

In my case when I select an airport within the Chicago area when I have this installed and then start the scenario, MSFS hangs about 3/4 of the way through.

Without your scenery it loads perfectly.

I'm not the only one with this problem - see https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/6049 ... -fsdt-ord/

Note that I bought and downloaded it from Orbx.
SimFanatic
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: SimFanatic

Post by SimFanatic »

I am having the same issue as @Malcom Street, my sim hangs after it gets about two-thirds of the way loading. This didn't happen until after SU5. I love Drzewiecki Design's stuff and have purchased many of their products. I am a bit surprised that there hasn't been an update to this product yet given all the problems. Guessing maybe they are waiting until after World Update 6? Hope they get this fixed soon.

Cheers!
AndyM01
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: Andrew

Post by AndyM01 »

I've tried the Landmarks with both FSDreamteam's KORD and Guillermo Zulueta Meigs Field Pro and don't have a problem. I do not use any cache within the options (I've deleted the cache and then turned it off), and I use MSFS Addons Linker to just use the scenery/addons that I'm going to use for that particular flight, so my Community Folder only contains the bare minimum.