Latest version: v1.3 (2023)

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Re: Chicago Landmarks MSFS

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
As you may know, there is no way for us to test Xbox products, hence we cannot provide any working updates to those products.
You may consider a refund if the product does not work correctly.
savedByYehoshua
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: savedByYehoshua

Post by savedByYehoshua »

Update: The recent msfs2020 update on XBOX has not changed the CTD with the Landmark DLC.

I will check with Microsoft on a potential refund. I don't really want a refund as I'd rather have a working DLC but I understand it appears out of the devs control.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

savedByYehoshua wrote: Wednesday 02 Feb 2022, 19:32 I understand it appears out of the devs control.
Unfortunately, this is correct.
Ant1975uk
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: Ant1975

Post by Ant1975uk »

I am just letting you guys know that you lost a customer today. i am sick and tired of buying your products and not getting any support to fix them. UUEE is terrible performance wise, Chicago Midway is terrible performance wise and Chicago Landmarks - good grief I could barely fly past. All this on a top end system. Unbelievable.

Thats the last products I buy from you which is a damn shame because you put real effort into them, if only they were performant.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

We are sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, since the very beginning of flight sim development, there are some rare cases where performance just isn't there and the reason for that is not known. When some customers get 60fps and others below 20, on a high-end system, it is almost impossible to diagnose the reason. We hope you will change your mind in the future, perhaps when switching to a different computer.
JEP795
26-49 posts
26-49 posts
Name: JEP795

Post by JEP795 »

Stanislaw/Martin,

I don’t want to keep beating a dead horse here, but have you tested the Chicago Landmarks performance issue with a more complex aircraft (FBW320, WT CJ4, or CRJ)?

I can fly the Icon A4 over navy pier and all over without any issues but anytime I use a faster jet at higher speeds, 200kts +, specifically the ones I mentioned above, I get massive stutters and GPU (RTX3080ti) maxes out the GPU memory at 11GB and latency goes to over 60ms. My frames drop from 30 to about 15 or less. All I do to test is fly around the downtown Chicago area in external view and right around navy pier looking toward the city it hits. Sometimes it’s earlier sometimes it’s later. I’m on 4k Ultra and my CPU is an R73700x.

I know your team uses a 3090 which has over 20Gb in VRAM, but not sure if you can test the above scenario with a GPU that has 11GB or less and a jet? I noticed on some screenshots you shared earlier your GPU VRAM hovered around 10Gb. Maybe the scenery uses all that amount and it’s not noticeable on the 3090, but any lower GPU is maxed out?

Thanks!
JEP795
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Post by JEP795 »

PS I noted you tested with the citation longitude. So I decided to check myself. This does not happen when I use the longitude, which leads me to suspect it may be an issue with complex or modded aircraft.
JEP795
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Post by JEP795 »

Scratch my above comment about the Longitude. I can reproduce it with the Longitude and the Icon A4 at this specific spot each and everytime. With more complex jets, it happens sooner and over navy pier, perhaps because of the speed. Maybe this specific spot is the problem and the faster jet speed causes it regress faster?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

The truth is that so far there was not so many complex aircrafts for MSFS, especially in the earlier stage of MSFS development. Furthermore - we test our sceneries using very different PC specs, so not only by very powerful ones. On the other hand - we always try to adapt the sim settings to the specific hardware - do you see any difference if you reduce your settings? We have some ideas to improve the performance of our sceneries in the future versions / products, even if we got many positive reviews so far. Unfortunately there is still a lot to do by Asobo to optimize MSFS and to make it more stable, because - as Stanislaw said - when you face the situation that some customers get 60fps and others below 20, on a high-end system, it is almost impossible to diagnose the reason.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

JEP795, honestly, we've been lately occupied with troubleshooting Xbox issues and those are like walking in the dark as we can't test the products directly on the console. Anyway, those were more memory issues and here is something different. We remember about this and test some solutions from time to time. Nothing to share with our customers yet, though.
flyinghigh74
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: flyinghigh74

Post by flyinghigh74 »

Hi,
I am getting very poor performance with the Chicago landmarks product. I also have DD Seattle Landmarks and Washington Landmarks installed along with most of your airports and all of these give excellent performance. It is quite strange in that I can approach the city from the lake towards midway and all is well (with buildings in view) but suddenly the frame rate drops massively as I fly over the city and then returns to normal again once clear of the city (heading to Midway). I have an RTX 3080 and an AMD 5800x processor with 32gb of ram and as I previously mentioned all your other sceneries perform well. I have done the usual things deleting content.xml and clearing scenery indexes as well as trying a re-install with no success. I have also tried clearing the community folder of all addons except the Chicago landmarks scenery and the problem is still apparent. Any help would be appreciated
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

DD Stanislaw wrote: Tuesday 08 Feb 2022, 05:16 We are sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, since the very beginning of flight sim development, there are some rare cases where performance just isn't there and the reason for that is not known. When some customers get 60fps and others below 20, on a high-end system, it is almost impossible to diagnose the reason. We hope you will change your mind in the future, perhaps when switching to a different computer.
I'm afraid we have nothing new to say - so far we were unable to replicate such fps drops in our Chicago Landmarks MSFS product, even we did the testing in 4k at Ultra settings :?
Martinspans
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Martin

Post by Martinspans »

Hi,
Just to let you know that I purchased Chicago landmarks from the MSFS Marketplace last night and I am also getting extremely poor performance as well. In fact it is not just poor performance, it is so bad that it is almost impossible to use on my monitor in 2D and it is impossible to use in Virtual Reality. I have tried several different aircraft from default MSFS aircraft to 3rd party aircraft. It is like hitting a brick wall when you fly towards the city with FPS just crashing. The most amusing aircraft is the Volocopter, which just turns into a jumping mess when you hit that invisible barrier.
My system spec is an i7 10700K, along with a RTX 3080 and 32Gb RAM. I use a HP Reverb G2 headset.
I also own your Moscow and Washington sceneries and they run perfect on monitor and in VR.
Following my purchase and discovery of the extremely poor performance of the product I have done some research and found numerous complaints on several different forums of poor performance. Had I realised this, I would have thought twice about buying the product. However, because I had previously purchased products from you I was fully confident that this Chicago product would work as well as the others.
I am extremely disappointed to see your standard reply to others here with performance issues but I would add that if you do a search around the various sim forums I think you find that cases of this problem are not as rare as you might want to think. There is obviously a massive bug in Chicago Landmarks that does affect many people.
To be honest, if I could get a refund for this product I would, but unfortunately the marketplace does not allow refunds and Steam would refuse my refund because it is for MSFS!
At the moment I feel very disappointed and would be extremely reluctant to purchase any other products from you and would certainly not recommend them to others despite the fact that Moscow and Washington work perfect.
I really do hope that you investigate this problem further, which in my opinion is obviously an issue with your product looking at the number of complaints I can see. It is not fair that people spend their money only to find that the product is unusable and not refundable.
Kind Regards
Martin
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hello Martin.
Yes, we are aware of the potential problem. We are still not sure what is causing this issue but I believe we will eventually find a way to replicate the problem and find the solution. "Unfortunately" it works perfectly fine on our workstations which suggests some kind of a conflict with another addon or some sort of a bottleneck. Nevertheless, it has to be fixed.

When we get back to tracing the issue, would you agree to participate in user tests?
Martinspans
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Martin

Post by Martinspans »

Hi,
Many thanks for your reply, it is much appreciated.
And yes I would be more than happy to participate in any user tests in the future. I should imagine we are all keen to try and fix this as it really is a great addon.
In the meantime, I will also continue to investigate my own system and if I find anything odd I will let you know.
Kind Regards
Martin