Chicago Landmarks MSFS

Latest version: v1.3 (2023)

Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Re: Chicago Landmarks MSFS

Post by Martin_Starski »

Th3PerfectOn3 wrote: Monday 25 Jan 2021, 01:49 After using this fix I started having live weather issues
To be honest - we have no idea how our fix may have an impact to weather issues. Please install the new version that we have provided to stores.
Th3PerfectOn3
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: KamilChicago

Post by Th3PerfectOn3 »

Just tested your new version (night time ) seems to be fine. When are you planning on the release of Chicago airports for MSFS?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Thank you for the report.
We are working on it right now.
AndyM01
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: Andrew

Post by AndyM01 »

Finally got the new download from Orbx and tested it a couple of times both with live weather and without, no CTD's, and the scenery looks great.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Thank you for the report and sorry it took so long! :oops:
CAPT Shark
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Mark_Guinto

Post by CAPT Shark »

So far, so good for me! Just one flight but started at the gate where it CTD last version. All went well during a day flight under scattered clouds. I had to divert from the SID so I can take a lap around the city. Lol! Anyway keep up the great work!
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Thank you! 8)
Danirustic
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Daniel

Post by Danirustic »

Hi, I have been testing the new version

I fly in VR and your scenery its amazing, with the last version the terrain problem its solved (the big mountain on the stadium)

But, while I fly over the buildings, it seems there is a problem with parts of the buildings changing from "high poly to low poly object). It didnt happen with your first version (months ago).

Its very noteceable at the roof top of some buildings because sometimes they look very detailed, and suddenly they change to a "block square mesh"...like "low poligon object". (the red big building at the side of the park) once Im near it changes to low poly...in that moment also many buildings loose all the top roof detail.

The "Prudential" logo in one buiding suddenly dissapeared as I aproached, the big silver "ball" in the park also changes to a very low polygon object once Im near, the same happens with many objects in the big green park area, the boats modeled in the port, they suddenly appear and dissapear, depending from where Im flying...flying from Meigs field facing north, there are no boats and suddenly they appear (once Im near the buildings)

I have been testing with the "lod" and "object detail" sliders in the graphics options. It gets a little bit better if I set "object detail 200%" , and the lod setting it seems does nothing with the issue.

The weird thing is that with your first version (I bought it the first day on sale) it was working perfectly, even with "object detail 100%", and with VR it looked amazing flying near all the detalied landmarks you made, its a shame this changes to low poly objects.

Do you think its posible to resolve it??

Thank you!

Daniel
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hello Daniel.
Yes, we are aware of that, however, LOD settings are being changed in MSFS itself, hence currently we are not sure if the current settings are kept or changed again. The current version is, let's say - performance-friendly in terms of LOD settings. If this works fine, we will change those settings in the next update for the high LODs to appear at a larger distance. This is not a problem at all and takes seconds to do. Anyway - thank you for your report! :)
Danirustic
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by Danirustic »

Hi, thanks for answering

Just a note if I wasnt clear in my post, but with many objects its happening the "opposite", I mean, it looks high detail when Im far, and they change to low poly when Im getting close, for example the ones in the ground at the big green park area including the big silver ball,the white structure with the white stage etc.

But if microsoft is changing LOD rules...I understand the problem

I hope you can get it right in the next update :)

Thanks!

Daniel
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

They do, but it should not work in "the opposite" way. Would you publish some screenshots, please?
Danirustic
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by Danirustic »

Hi, I have been testing it in VR and 2d.

In 2d it works perfectly as it should, and changing the slider "object detail" to 200% makes de detail at long distance much better, as it should be :)

The problem only happens in VR, its something difficult to explain, it seems the detail of the objects depends on the exact area and position Im flying. For example, flying inside the big green park, once I am in the center, every object around loose the detail and converts to low poly, then when I go to the south..suddenly all the detail appears again

Sorry if I can explain it better

I dont know if you have a VR headset? but if you try it in VR its very obvious just flying over the park and over diferent buildings

For me it would be perfect if you just let the high poligon objects always "on" :)

Thanks!

Daniel
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

I'm afraid we've never tested it with VR headset, but if everything is correct in 2d mode, theoretically it should work in the same way in VR. Is it working in such way only with our product? It would be great to see how does it look like, however I am not sure if you are able to share such view with us somehow here.
Danirustic
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by Danirustic »

Hi, yes...it only happens with this scenery, but I only have this one as an addon, never saw detail dissapearing when getting close to them.

Its difficult to explain, but it looks like there are "group of objects" and they change to low poly all together once I reach an specific terrain area, looks like the boats are one group and there is another top roof group etc Problem is that they can change in front on my sight.

I made 3 short videos:

The first one is very clear how dissapears the ground objects and also at the end you can see how the group of boats appear and dissapears

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dxXdzFsdAc

In this other video, the top roofs appear suddenly but in that moment Im flying away from them... It always happens exactly in the same position (like there is an invisible line activating the high poly objects mode)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gxMZUUzJ-g

And in this last video, I tried to make turns over the buildings and you can see the top roofs appearing and dissapearing, once I cross that "invisible line" it activates or desactivates the detail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESFjpgJQBTs

I hope this helps you, also the framerate in the video looks low, but in the headset its totally smooth.

Thanks!

Daniel
henkerhaus
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Todd

Post by henkerhaus »

Hi,

I noticed last night that Avangel had posted a recent video on YouTube, reviewing the Chicago Landmarks scenery.
I was surprised to see that she wasn't experiencing any issues, which made me wonder if an update had been released.
I was happy to find the V1.2 update. I installed it today, and can report that I am no longer experiencing any issues with the scenery now.
Thank you so much. (P.S. The scenery is really nice. Great job!!)