Chicago Landmarks MSFS

Latest version: v1.3 (2023)

Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Re: Chicago Landmarks MSFS

Post by Martin_Starski »

This is not something that we have to fix as it seems to be a Content Manager related issue - maybe caused by the world update that you mentioned.

Please Locate a folder starting with Microsoft.FlightSimulator_ (the rest might differ from system to system) within your C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Packages\ folder

Then backup the marked SceneryIndexes folder and content.xml (just in case) and delete both.

Start the sim, it might take a few seconds longer than usual but eventually this may solve your problem. If not, you need to contact MSFS support.
shiloh
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: shiloh

Post by shiloh »

Hello

I recently bought the Chicago langmarks scenery. I bought for the eye candy but primarily to have a nice environment to fly helicopters (the Hype H135 and the Bell47G). The product description says "17 custom-made heliports", however, it's impossible to land on rooftop helipads, I just go through the building. I just tried again, specifically with the 75IS Lurie Children Hospital helipad. cant land on it.

is it a known issue? it's a big deception.

I have bought the Washington Landmarks as well, for the same reason (helicopter flying) however I havent had the chance to try this one yet.

thanks again for your very nice work.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
All helipads should be "landable". Please specify which of them do not allow you to land (some screenshots would be great too).
shiloh
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by shiloh »

hello

thanks for the reply. I havent tested them all yet, but Lurie Children Hospital (75IS) is one. Tried multiple time, either go through the building or get a crash report.

I will try more rooftops helipads as I have more time and report here, but this one is definitely not working. I flew it once more this morning to get a screenshot of going through the building but got a "you crashed" message this time (it was a perfect landing), so I wasnt able to capture a shot.

thanks a lot!
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Is there a chance that it might be a problem with the helicopter model? Can you land on other elevated surfaces? I've seen mane screenshots where customers were able to operate on helicopters from our Chicago.
JeralewalGy
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Jerry

Post by JeralewalGy »

Bought it recently unplayable when near the buildings.Cannot upload images I am afraid
JeralewalGy
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Jerry

Post by JeralewalGy »

Got to upload
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
shiloh
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by shiloh »

DD Stanislaw wrote: Tuesday 01 Jun 2021, 14:21 Is there a chance that it might be a problem with the helicopter model? Can you land on other elevated surfaces? I've seen mane screenshots where customers were able to operate on helicopters from our Chicago.
Thanks for confirming that other customers are able to land on rooftop helipads. I am able to land on elevated surface with another scenery. I'll do some more in depth testing later this week and will let you know what I find out. Looks like something is wrong on my end.

thanks for the help and replies, very much appreciated.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

JeralewalGy wrote: Tuesday 01 Jun 2021, 16:07 unplayable when near the buildings
Can you elaborate please? Because we are not sure what is your problem - without knowing any details, we are not able to help.
shiloh wrote: Tuesday 01 Jun 2021, 16:24 some more in depth testing later this week
Please let us know about the results of your tests - we want to be sure that everything is working fine. So far we didn't have any similar reports about problems with helipads in Chicago Landmarsk MSFS.
shiloh
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by shiloh »

Martin_Starski wrote: Wednesday 02 Jun 2021, 10:39
shiloh wrote: Tuesday 01 Jun 2021, 16:24 some more in depth testing later this week
Please let us know about the results of your tests - we want to be sure that everything is working fine. So far we didn't have any similar reports about problems with helipads in Chicago Landmarsk MSFS.
Hello

Here is a video of what's is going on when landing on the rooftop helipad at Lurie Children's Hospital (75IS).

https://youtu.be/QcpwOcybrS8

I tried 5 or 6 times. Strangely, once, and only once, I was able to land and the heli stayed correctly on the helipad, however, all the other times, I go through the building as shown in the video.

The Heli i'm flying, is the well reputed Hype H135 v1.2. I am able to land very fine on elevated surface on other scenery with no problem whatsoever.

when i'll have some time, i'll try more elevated helipad in the Chicago scenery and let you know if I have the same behavior elsewhere. In the meantime, please let me know what you think.

thanks!
Marc
Shaundale46
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: ShaunDale

Post by Shaundale46 »

Martin_Starski wrote: Tuesday 13 Apr 2021, 22:04 This is not something that we have to fix as it seems to be a Content Manager related issue - maybe caused by the world update that you mentioned.

Please Locate a folder starting with Microsoft.FlightSimulator_ (the rest might differ from system to system) within your C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Packages\ folder

Then backup the marked SceneryIndexes folder and content.xml (just in case) and delete both.

Start the sim, it might take a few seconds longer than usual but eventually this may solve your problem. If not, you need to contact MSFS support.
Hello Martin,
After the last update by Asobo Chicago now works again. Unsure if something in the previous SDK effected it for me.

Thought I'd let you know.

Thank you
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Shaundale46 wrote: Thursday 03 Jun 2021, 12:03 update by Asobo Chicago now works
Thanks for letting us know.
shiloh wrote: Thursday 03 Jun 2021, 01:11 go through the building
And with any other helicopter do you have the same problem? We'd like to understand if it's something specific to the particular ones or maybe a general problem in your case.
shiloh
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by shiloh »

Martin_Starski wrote: Thursday 03 Jun 2021, 17:45
And with any other helicopter do you have the same problem? We'd like to understand if it's something specific to the particular ones or maybe a general problem in your case.
Yes, I have the same problem with the FlyInside Bell 47G too.

I believe the issue is unique to this specific helipad (Lurie hospital). I have seen the screenshots from the other users in this thread on the previous page that you were refering too, he hasnt tested Lurie. I will test with other elevated helipad when i'll have time (NCH Northwest Community Hospital, Lutheran General Hospital, Gottlieb memorial hospital heliport, Chicago Fire Department).

I repeat myself but both of those helicopters, I can land them very fine on elevated surfaces in other scenerys. Just not on Lurie Hospital in your Chicago scenery.
shiloh
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by shiloh »

shiloh wrote: Thursday 03 Jun 2021, 18:17
Martin_Starski wrote: Thursday 03 Jun 2021, 17:45
Yes, I have the same problem with the FlyInside Bell 47G too.

I believe the issue is unique to this specific helipad (Lurie hospital). I have seen the screenshots from the other users in this thread on the previous page that you were refering too, he hasnt tested Lurie. I will test with other elevated helipad when i'll have time (NCH Northwest Community Hospital, Lutheran General Hospital, Gottlieb memorial hospital heliport, Chicago Fire Department).

I repeat myself but both of those helicopters, I can land them very fine on elevated surfaces in other scenerys. Just not on Lurie Hospital in your Chicago scenery.
Allright, I took about an hour or so tonight and flew around Chicago and found some other elevated helipads. On all of them I was able to land perfectly with the Hype H135 Helicopter (the same one I used when I tried to land at Lurie Children's Hospital). The helipads were KCH14, KCH05, KCH10 and KCH12.

As a proof, here is short video of the landings: https://youtu.be/OWEH7prqkC8

again here is the video of the issue at Lurie Children Hospital: https://youtu.be/QcpwOcybrS8

if that doesn't convince you that everything is correct on my side and that the issue is in the scenery with the helipad at Lurie Children Hospital, I dont know what will.

thanks!
Marc
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Thank you Marc, we will double-check the Lurie Children Hospital helipad.