Latest version: v1.3 (2023)

Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Re: RJAA Tokyo Narita MSFS

Post by Martin_Starski »

Thanks for your kind words.

It's always tricky to say something smart about the release date :P The point is that we're still facing a problem with the jetway bug in MSFS, so it could be possible that we will use the static jetways temporarily.

Deactivation of static planes should be available in the MSFS sceneries from now on, but please bear in mind that such feature is currently not available for the sceneries provided by the Marketplace.
Abriael
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Abriael

Post by Abriael »

Hello Martin, the kind words are definitely deserved. You guys are doing great work across the board.

I'd be fine with static jetways temporarily, to be honest. That being said, other devs are managing to release airports with custom animated jetways as of late (Bergamo by Tailstrike is an example). I'm no expert, but perhaps the situation is improving?

About the static aircraft, I have the airport on Orbx Direct, I actually just noticed that the latest update of Krakow and Moscow added the option to disable them. I imagine that option will also be added to Narita and Washington?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Abriael wrote: Wednesday 15 Sep 2021, 16:40 option will also be added to Narita and Washington
This is planned for the next versions indeed.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Asobo reported today that they were able to fix all jetway issues and the fix will be published with the Sim Update 7 (late October).

RJAA update will be released after the SU7 is published since some additional changes might be required.
Abriael
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Abriael

Post by Abriael »

I'm a bit confused as to why an update to Narita is going to take more than a further month to be completely honest.

Moscow and Krakow have been updated, and the only remaining issue with those is the fact that the jetways disappear once when you change aircraft, but the user can easily work around that by reloading the scenery once, and the jetays permanently reappear until the aircraft is swapped again. It didn't solve all problem, but it did fix most of them to the point that both airports are very much usable with very little hassle.

In Narita the issues are much more serious. There are LOD issues that make the jetways disappear as soon as the camera is moved far enough, on top of the fact that nearly all the ground clutter appears to be missing. I'd say the airport is nearly unusable in this condition.

I understand that you guys need to allocate your resources as you can, and I can relate with the frustration with having to fix problems you did not cause, but respectfully, I do think an interim update bringing RJAA to the same level of functionality as Moscow and Krakow would be warranted so that it can at least be used, to be honest.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

I fully understand your way of thinking and I understand that you can be frustrated. Unfortunately we are frustrated too - please try to understand our position - new versions of EPKK and UUEE have been released when SU5 was released by Asobo, in the meantime we noticed many bugs relating to non-compatibility to the previous versions, problem with LODS, jetways, stuck in scenery loading and few smaller ones. We have also faced many problems with SDK, which is the main tool for the developers like we are. In the meantime it was released SU6 and SU7 is expected. In each case we'd have to adapt our sceneries, which is very time-consuming, so we cannot afford to do the updates after each "unsuccessful" sim update - otherwise we will be not able to do anything more and thus stop doing the business. I can assure you that the relative stable sim version will get the most updated scenery version a.s.a.p.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
Please note, that updating a product at the Marketplace takes 2-3 weeks (currently longer). There is a strong possibility, that another update will have to be made after SU7. It is better to make just one update because if we update RJAA now, it will be published right after/before SU7 and will still contain jetway-related bugs, as we do not know what techniques Asobo is going to use to fix those jetways.
Abriael wrote: Thursday 16 Sep 2021, 17:05 There are LOD issues that make the jetways disappear as soon as the camera is moved far enough, on top of the fact that nearly all the ground clutter appears to be missing.
We have already fixed all LOD issues except for jetways, which are Simobjects, not standard models. Those issues are related to all SU5/jetways issues and cannot be fixed by us, hence why we just need to wait for SU7. This has nothing to do with allocating resources - rather not doing the same thing twice or more, bring even more confusion.
xavior09
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: xavior09

Post by xavior09 »

On next update, some incorrect ground markings of taxiway names will be fixed?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

xavior09 wrote: Thursday 30 Sep 2021, 09:38 incorrect ground markings of taxiway names
Can you let us know which particular markings do you mean? If they are incorrect, we will make the respective changes, but please point them out.
xavior09
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: xavior09

Post by xavior09 »

Martin_Starski wrote: Thursday 30 Sep 2021, 11:14
xavior09 wrote: Thursday 30 Sep 2021, 09:38 incorrect ground markings of taxiway names
Can you let us know which particular markings do you mean? If they are incorrect, we will make the respective changes, but please point them out.
I found these two things.
In both cases, the signage is the correct name.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

xavior09 wrote: Thursday 30 Sep 2021, 09:38 On next update, some incorrect ground markings of taxiway names will be fixed?
If they are reported then sure, we can fix them - so thank you for the screenshots.
metha05
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Metha1999

Post by metha05 »

is this now compatible with su6 ? can't wait to fly to japan again.
Wise87
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Post by Wise87 »

DD Stanislaw wrote: Friday 17 Sep 2021, 08:49 Hi.
Please note, that updating a product at the Marketplace takes 2-3 weeks (currently longer). There is a strong possibility, that another update will have to be made after SU7. It is better to make just one update because if we update RJAA now, it will be published right after/before SU7 and will still contain jetway-related bugs, as we do not know what techniques Asobo is going to use to fix those jetways.
Abriael wrote: Thursday 16 Sep 2021, 17:05 There are LOD issues that make the jetways disappear as soon as the camera is moved far enough, on top of the fact that nearly all the ground clutter appears to be missing.
We have already fixed all LOD issues except for jetways, which are Simobjects, not standard models. Those issues are related to all SU5/jetways issues and cannot be fixed by us, hence why we just need to wait for SU7. This has nothing to do with allocating resources - rather not doing the same thing twice or more, bring even more confusion.
SU6 is out. Can we use RJAA or do we still need to wait for SU7 to use this scenery?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

If you are talking about he problem with scenery loading, it seems to be solved by SU6. Do you observe any issues?
We are going to fix some issues with the scenery in the next updated version, but there shouldn't be any problems with flying in/our of RJAA.
neburas
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: neburas

Post by neburas »

Some jetways and other small props still disappears in SU6. Will you have plans to fix it?