KDCA Washington National MSFS

Latest version: v1.4 (2023)

Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Re: KDCA Washington National MSFS

Post by Martin_Starski »

I know that the folder structure is different in case of our products purchased via Marketplace - they have their own installer based on our files, so it's hard for me to say. Have you maybe tried to search the file with the same filename? For sure this fix will be included in the next updated version.
gxm149
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: George

Post by gxm149 »

I actually did exactly what you suggested last night before I saw your response. I did a filename search to locate where the Marketplace had put the scenery for Reagan National. I then removed the scenery from the Community folder and I replaced the Marketplace file with the one from the download. The first time that I taxied to the runway and throttled up for takeoff after replacing the file, MSFS froze and had a CTD. I reloaded the MSFS program and tried it again a few more times. It didn’t crash MSFS again but unfortunately it also did not fix the problem with runway 19. ATC was still reporting runway 19 incorrectly as runway 16 and it still would not assign me taxiways to get to the runway since runway 16 doesn’t exist. ATC was still doing the same thing as it was from before I replaced the file with the one from the download. It is good to know that the problem is being investigated though, thank you for looking into it.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

gxm149 wrote: Thursday 13 Jan 2022, 13:56 then removed the scenery from the Community folder
I was not asking for removing the scenery from the Community folder - just to locate the indicated file and replace it with our fixed file. If it doesn't help, I'm afraid you need to wait for the Marketplace release of updated version incl. our fix, but currently I'm not fully sure when we will publish it. Unfortunately Marketplace versions have their own rules.
gator319
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Carter

Post by gator319 »

Greetings,
Keep receiving CTDs in MSFS 2020 as I approach KDCA. Drezewiecki is the only DCA I have installed. In the MSFS content manager, if one clicks the exclamation point to the far right on the scenery, it says up to date version 1.2.0 installed; however, the more info indicates minimum game version is 1.20.6. The Content Manager will not let me update DCA. Any thoughts? At the moment, the scenery I purchased is unusable and the only solution I know of is to delete. Incidentally, I also get CTDs when departing DCA after flying about 20-30 miles. Everything else I can think of (i.e. MSFS, driver, Store, Windows) are all up to date. Thanks for any help.

Carter
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi, we're talking about the PC version bought from MSFS Marketplace, right?

Unfortunately Marketplace versions have their own rules and we have no direct impact on their releases.

Can you maybe try to clear out the scenery cache and install the scenery from scratch? Maybe then you will have the last version, because some time ago all MSFS Marketplace sceneries had a bug and they were updated by Marketplace (we had nothing to do with this bug). Maybe it's a cause of your problem.

Secondly - please also try to delete the contents within your SceneryIndexes folder and delete your Content.xml. These 2 files will be renewed when you next open MSFS. It can solve a lot of problems
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hello gator319.

Please have a look at this: viewtopic.php?p=25254#p25254
gator319
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by gator319 »

Martin_Starski wrote: Thursday 20 Jan 2022, 22:12 Hi, we're talking about the PC version bought from MSFS Marketplace, right?

Unfortunately Marketplace versions have their own rules and we have no direct impact on their releases.

Can you maybe try to clear out the scenery cache and install the scenery from scratch? Maybe then you will have the last version, because some time ago all MSFS Marketplace sceneries had a bug and they were updated by Marketplace (we had nothing to do with this bug). Maybe it's a cause of your problem.

Secondly - please also try to delete the contents within your SceneryIndexes folder and delete your Content.xml. These 2 files will be renewed when you next open MSFS. It can solve a lot of problems
Sorry, yes, the PC version. Please tell me, if you could, where those files are located: SceneryIndexes folder containing Content.xml. I have already deleted my scenery cache. That did not seem to help. I'm also looking into the follow up post from DD Stanislaw regarding:
"Here is a temporary work-around which fixes the CTD around KADW:

Go to the folder: Official*\OneStore\fs-base-cgl\CGL\032
Rename the bldo010.cgl file to bldo010.x_cgl or just remove it."

If those fail to resolve the issue, I will try deleting the scenery, emptying the cache, and re-installing.

Thanks.

Carter
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

SceneryIndexes and content.xml - you need to find the folder with Microsoft.FlightSimulator_ in the name (the rest of the name may vary by system), which should be available here: C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Packages\ folder

The please do the backup of SceneryIndexes folder and content.xml (just in case) and remove both. Afterwards start the sim again (it might be a little bit longer than normal).

BTW: do you have any World Updates? 3rd party sceneries should be placed above World Update packages. To arrange the order it's necessary to open:

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Content.xml

And change this order manually - the lower on the list, the higher the priority is.
gator319
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by gator319 »

OK. To answer your question, yes, I have all the World Updates and all, according to Content Manager, are up to date. When you talk about the manual order, and 3rd party scenery should be "above" the world updates, do you mean in physical order or priority? That was a little confusing. Above as in the top of the list, or above as in the bottom of the list and higher priority?

I deleted my cache as stated. I then applied this fix/workaround:

"Here is a temporary work-around which fixes the CTD around KADW:

Go to the folder: Official*\OneStore\fs-base-cgl\CGL\032
Rename the bldo010.cgl file to bldo010.x_cgl or just remove it."

I started MSFS, made a flight from KDCA, pressed FLY, and within seconds, the entire computer re-booted. Tried again, and all loaded as expected. I was able to depart KDCA without a CTD. Now will have to try an arrival.

I will look for those files, though.

Carter
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

I meant higher priority of 3rd party scenery.

Maybe you can also try to disable World Update USA and test the result?

I also remember that many months ago few people observed the similar problem few times and in such case it helps to start flight choosing only airport without stand or runway. Afterwards restart the sim and then all the day it was possible to choose stand or runway without any CTD.
Actionjax
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Actionjax

Post by Actionjax »

Just wanted to chime in as I’m having CTD issues with this airport on Xbox series X. Purchased it from the marketplace today and on final on 19 it crashed about 2 miles out.

Loaded up again and tried the final approach only. Got to touchdown and and it CTD again.

I have other airports installed from other developers and most are not an issue. But looks like with the latest update some experience CTD that are similar.

Might want to raise this with ASOBO or take a look to see if something needs to be fixed on your end.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi.
Please look at the red notification on the main page of this forum - this might be related.
Also please note, that we have no way of testing any products on Xbox. All products are tested by the Marketplace team and released afterward.
Gregg
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Gregg

Post by Gregg »

I get a CTD with the Aerosoft CRJ when loading at KDCA. Not with the CJ4.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Do you have it on Xbox or PC? If it happens with the specific plane only, that might cause two things: something interferes between two products (which I doubt but we've never tested Aerosoft CRJ or both products are too heavy for your specs and it might be worth lowering the settings.
Awemeter
26-49 posts
26-49 posts
Name: Awemeter

Post by Awemeter »

Do you plan to add the same amount of detail as kmdw to kdca like desks at the gates etc