Confirmed! That solves the issue.

Many Thanks!
tonypgray
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Tony

Re: KDCA Washington National MSFS

Post by tonypgray »

When the wind should favour runway 1, ATIS reports " runway in use ILS 1, take off and landings runway 33" which is weird.

When AI (using AIG) calls for pushback, AI Companion is showing runway 1 expected but when it then calls for taxi it changes to runway 33.

Is this some oddity of MSFS ATC (which wouldn't be a surprise !) or is there anything you can suggest ?

Thanks
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

tonypgray wrote: Friday 17 Dec 2021, 13:49 Is this some oddity of MSFS ATC
I'm afraid it is.
Haggu
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Callum

Post by Haggu »

Hey guys, I just bought the airport and I've gotta say I'm blown away with the level of detail. Great job! :D
However, I just wanted to give a heads up of a few minor things I noticed inside one of the terminals in case they were missed.

I want to apologise in advance if these seem a bit nitpicky, however, I was floating around with the drone and I came across these strange brown floating things. Not entirely sure what they are but if I turn the camera around to a different angle they disappear but then they reappear when I turn back (As seen in the bottom two photos).

There's also these floating signs which don't appear to be attached to anything unlike the sign in the background which is clearly connected to the ceiling. And then the third thing is if I turn to the left of those signs I notice this strange gap, but if I move the camera up, it looks fine as if nothing is wrong. Just thought you guys might like to know :) Otherwise, like I said, a really fantastic job! I love it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Haggu, thank you for your report, we will look at that.
roli
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Roland

Post by roli »

Sorry, have just purchased KDCA on simmarket but cannot open the pdf manual with Acrobat.
Any cvhance you can post a link in this forum?

Thank you
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi, what does it mean that you cannot open it? We can share the file here, but I prefer solving the general issue.
Viktor_UHPK
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Viktor

Post by Viktor_UHPK »

DD Stanislaw wrote: Sunday 14 Mar 2021, 07:44 2 sets of PAPI lights are correct. Please refer to airport charts. Each has a different glideslope angle.
Dear Drzewiecki Design Team!
Fantastic work on KDCA. I like it a lot!

I think there is a mistake with the PAPI / VASI of runway 19. You have answered it earlier but I think it's not correct.
Presently there are two PAPIs on the left side of Rwy19.

However there should be a VASI system on both sides of the runway. It consists of two pairs of three lights.
This is confirmed by the latest Navigraph charts, google maps and a video of River Visual 19.

Navigraph chart info states: "VASI (V12) consists of two (2) VASI-V6 systems (L/R). V6R is rotated 20° to the right and extends coverage to 24° right of centerline. The rotated VASI-V6R system supports visual and instrument approaches to Rwy 19."

Greetings,
Viktor
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi Viktor, let us check this once again. If something has to be redone, we will take it into consideration in the next updated version.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
The VASI has been already changed or was planned to soon be changed to PAPI.
gxm149
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: George

Post by gxm149 »

I purchased both your Washington DC scenery and Reagan National Airport for the holiday sale and I am really enjoying both. It is really nice having all of the landmarks in Washington DC since this is one of the things that the city is known for, the mall was rather sparse in the default scenery. I have been having problems with the Reagan National airport scenery not working correctly with the ATC in MSFS though. The ATC doesn’t seem to properly recognize runway 15, it keeps reporting it as runway 16 when the ATC assigns me the runway for takeoff or landing clearance. This is particularly a problem when it assigns me runway 16 to takeoff. ATC can’t figure out how to get to runway 16 and it never assigns taxiways to get from the gate to the runway. If I taxi on my own to runway 15, ATC never gives me permission to take off since they assigned me to takeoff on runway 16 which doesn’t exist. When ATC assigns me to takeoff on runway 16, I have to takeoff on runway 15 without permission canceling my flight plan that I have to re-file in the air. Hopefully you can fix this problem with runway 15/16 so that it doesn’t keep having issues with ATC.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Can you please check the file from this post: viewtopic.php?p=25482#p25482
And then let us know if it solves your problem.
gxm149
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by gxm149 »

Martin Starski, I downloaded the file and placed the contents into the community folder. Unfortunately it did not fix the problem that I am having. In reading the post you mentioned I realized that it wasn’t runway 15 that ATC was directing me to but that it was runway 19. ATC still will not assign me the taxiways that I need to take to get to runway 19 since it is telling me to go to runway 16 which doesn’t exist. When I taxied on my own to runway 19 ATC did give me permission to take off but again reported it as runway 16. There seems to be a problem with runway 19 where the MSFS program thinks that it is runway 16 causing ATC to not work correctly. I purchased the Reagan National Airport scenery on the Marketplace, I don’t know if this might be why the file that was posted here didn’t fix the problem or not.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi, are you absolutely sure that you copied and replaced the mentioned file? In such the case there shouldn't be no option to get the instruction about rwy 16 from ATC :?
In the meantime this file was used by at least a dozen other users and there was no negative feedback.
gxm149
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by gxm149 »

I copied the contents of the file to the community folder, I did not replace anything. Because I purchased the scenery from the Marketplace it is not in the community folder. I do not know where MSFS places the Marketplace purchases if those are the files that I need to replace. If you can tell me where the folder for Marketplace purchases is located I will replace the files there with the ones that were posted to see if it fixes the problem.