Post by DMullert »

Understood. That's a bummer.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Re: KMDW Chicago Midway MSFS

Post by DD Stanislaw »

glaurian wrote: Monday 03 Jan 2022, 20:43 I normally park my TBM at the south ramp spot #119
Hi! Do you have a picture of your TBM? 8)
DMullert wrote: Tuesday 04 Jan 2022, 15:20 1. Buildings stand out from the snow/weather, looking unrealistic. ( I just noticed someone else reported it and Asobo is looking at the issue)
2. Any way to get rid of the AI parked at gates so that AI traffic from AIG and the sorts can use the space?
3. Under snowy conditions, there is one runway where only about a quarter of the runway has snow - looks kind of weird!!!
Hi!
1. That is correct - this is a sim bug.
2. Yes, via sim settings.
3. Devs have no influence on snow - brighter surfaces are covered with it while darker are not. We can make runways bright but this would not be realistic.
DMullert wrote: Wednesday 05 Jan 2022, 01:43 please make every gate available to be chosen as a start
We can't - some of them are occupied with static aircraft. Even in the "no static aircraft" version, other players would still see you overlapping with those static aircraft, hence those gates are left unselectable. You can always slew to the desired location though.
HypePerformanceGroup
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: HypePerformanceGroup.com

Post by HypePerformanceGroup »

Is there any update on the issue with static aircraft still being present when the option for no static is selected in the installer?

I just want to know if it's something a patch will address, or if I personally did something wrong with my install.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

It's still under investigation 8)

In the meantime you may try to dig in inside scenery files and search for a file named "(...)_static", then remove or rename it.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Our installer works correctly.
Please try running it with admin rights.

Alternatively, you can manually remove the *_Static.bgl file located in this folder:
drzewieckidesign-chicagomidway\scenery\Chicago Midway MFS
king_rami777
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Rami

Post by king_rami777 »

Good Evening, I just purchase KMDW Chicago Midway MSFS, I love the airport and love to see it as realistic.
But the Jetway is not moving so it seems not to be working, please fix the jetway please thank you.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi, are you sure that jetways are not working at all stands in your case?
It might be in case of jetways, where static planes should be visible - there are static jetways, despite of the fact that you have static planes activated or not.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Stands with static aircraft (whether they are installed or not) are inactive. You need to select stands that are available from the selection menu when you start a flight.
king_rami777
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Rami

Post by king_rami777 »

I will try again to make sure the jetways is working, I might just start the runway first to find out where Static planes stands.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

All unoccupied stands can be selected from the sim menu, so no worries about that.
falcon55
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: falcon55

Post by falcon55 »

Do you have plans to create a package with KORD again or should we look at the products of other developers?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Obviously you can expect more airports for MSFS, including KORD. But probably there will be no packages but sceneries dedicated to the single airports.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Definitely, there won't be airport packages, this is totally impractical in the case of MSFS. Only single-airport products.
falcon55
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: falcon55

Post by falcon55 »

Thank you for your answer. That means it does not make sense to wait and I can buy KMDW right away.

I'm also concerned about the static aircraft and locked stands. Can you please make the default without static aircraft and locked parking positions? Now that we have AI (and even natively is about to come), it does not make sense to me, why you would want static aircraft for anything but GA or unpainted aircraft at the Boeing factories. MSFS even has it's own toggle to generate static aircraft on empty stands. While random now, I assume it will get better in the next updates.
AndyM01
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: Andrew

Post by AndyM01 »

falcon55 wrote: Friday 28 Jan 2022, 06:24 Thank you for your answer. That means it does not make sense to wait and I can buy KMDW right away.

I'm also concerned about the static aircraft and locked stands. Can you please make the default without static aircraft and locked parking positions? Now that we have AI (and even natively is about to come), it does not make sense to me, why you would want static aircraft for anything but GA or unpainted aircraft at the Boeing factories. MSFS even has it's own toggle to generate static aircraft on empty stands. While random now, I assume it will get better in the next updates.
I'm also hoping developers will do a version of their scenery without static aircraft.