Seattle Airports X

Latest version: v1.4 (2020)

Wise87
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Re: Seattle Airports X

Post by Wise87 »

Martin_Starski wrote: Saturday 02 Apr 2022, 22:14 Such problem didn't exist when we released this product. But all reports are noted - we will investigate them if the new version comes. However at the moment we don't work on it.
Actually duplicate sign issues have been showing up since Seattle X forums Page 40 in 2019 but got worse when P3Dv5 was released in 2020.
According to you forums there are 16 mentions of duplicate taxi sign postings. 5 in 2021, 7 in 2020, and 4 in 2019. You guys said you would look into it or a new update would fix the issue but even with the latest version it's not resolved and P3Dv5 makes it worse. We would like the scenery fixed so we can enjoy it.
Joseph29
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Joseph

Post by Joseph29 »

If you are not going to fix the taxi signs you should change the description on your Seattle scenery and say it's not fully compatible with P3D v5+.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
Please test these files - they should remove double signs (there are separate files for the with-static-aircraft and no-static-aircraft versions).
KSEA_ACFAD_P3d.zip
Files go to the Scenery folder of the addon.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wise87
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Post by Wise87 »

DD Stanislaw wrote: Monday 04 Apr 2022, 11:40 Hi.
Please test these files - they should remove double signs (there are separate files for the with-static-aircraft and no-static-aircraft versions).

KSEA_ACFAD_P3d.zip

Files go to the Scenery folder of the addon.
That fixed it, thank you for fixing this issue. Now users can enjoy your scenery.
Joseph29
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Joseph

Post by Joseph29 »

Just wanted to say thank you for the taxi sign fix. I just got around to testing it and it works good.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Thank you for the report.
B767

Post by B767 »

Hello Stanislaw,

I use the P3DV5.3 and have questions about Seattle X and Seattle Airports. First of all, I have only installed the airports (Your scenery.) Installer V 1.3 from Simmarket. I noticed that at the end of the runway on the left, a a standard building is overlapping an add-on building from your scenery.
How can I fix this? Do I have to expect more overlapping buildings? I have not yet explored the whole scenery in P3dv5.

Now I also have True Earth Washington from ORBX. Is it worth installing Seattle X at all now? What about Mount Rainier? Could I install it on my own if necessary or would this make no sense, as it may be more detailed on ORBX? How should I proceed here?

Do I have to uninstall any ORBX-files to make your airport work here? If yes. which ones?

Thanks for the help and the great products.

Kind regards.
Fabian
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi Fabian - thanks for your message. First of all, the last version of Seattle Airports X is 1.4, not 1.3 - do you have a version incl. KESA? On 28.04.2020 we released the payware upgrade incl. KSEA and v1.4 should be available for free to all users who paid for this upgrade.

Regarding your issue:
B767 wrote: Monday 16 May 2022, 14:03 he end of the runway on the left, a a standard building is overlapping an add-on building from your scenery
Which airport are we talking about?
What other addons do you have in this area and where our scenery is placed versus them in the Scenery Library?
Can you post the screenshot of your issue here? (can be done via https://imgbb.com)
B767 wrote: Monday 16 May 2022, 14:03 True Earth Washington from ORBX. Is it worth installing Seattle X
I'm afraid you need to answer this question for yourself - the screenshots of our Seattle City X, reviews or videos are easily accessible. I can only say that our Seattle Airports X and Seattle City X were designed to work together in the greatest harmony possible (Mount Rainier is included with an optional 2m mesh).
B767

Post by B767 »

Hi,

thanks for your quick reply. No, I have the version without KESA. I downloaded yesterday the version 1.3 which is still the latest one at Simmarket. FSDreamteam Vancouver and True Earth Washington from ORBX, nothing else is installed at that area. This means even without KESA I can upgrade on 1.4? I am surprised they did not knew that. Where can I get the new download from? Simmarket?

Here are the pics, hopefully this will help. Thank you for your help so far.

https://ibb.co/zmzJXN2
https://ibb.co/bdqCCQk
https://ibb.co/n3SppHK
https://ibb.co/vHQsccR

Kind regards,
Fabian
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

B767 wrote: Monday 16 May 2022, 19:16 This means even without KESA I can upgrade on 1.4?
Unfortunately not - as I mentioned, v1.4 was free to all users having the version including KSEA. If you want to have it, you need to buy the upgraded version (you are entitled to the special upgrade price).
B767 wrote: Monday 16 May 2022, 19:16 hopefully this will help.
I'm still not sure how is it placed versus ORBX products. Does Seattle Airports package have the higher priority? It is always advisable to get the layering sequence of the scenery correct. All sceneries having airport taxiways, runways, aprons and buildings should be considered to be positioned on the top of scenery library. ORBX Central makes provision for this in the program settings and you will find it under the section that is named "Library Insertion Point".

Do you see any difference if you deactivate ORBX True Earth Washington?
B767

Post by B767 »

Hi,

I have now updated to 1.4 and have no more scenery anomalies. The library insertion point is and was at Oshkosh. Many thanks for the support.

Kind regards,

Fabian
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

I'm very happy to hear that. Happy flying!
fnav
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Nav

Post by fnav »

Hello,
I have default taxiway signs showing through in KSEA... I have version 1.4 of the Seattle Airports X collection. Please confirm the file above (KSEA_AFCAD_P3d) will correct this issue? I do not want to make it worse...
Thanks.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

The file from this post should fix such an issue indeed: viewtopic.php?p=26419#p26419

It was also confirmed by the other users:
Joseph29 wrote: Wednesday 06 Apr 2022, 02:27 Just wanted to say thank you for the taxi sign fix. I just got around to testing it and it works good.
Newtie
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Newtie

Post by Newtie »

Hi,
I just installed Seattle Airports X and am very impressed, nice work.
I like to take the R22 and tour my new airports before actually using them.
I noticed when I'm in spot view, if I rotate(left) around the copter, baggage carts will disappear.
When rotating to the right, they will appear again.
Is this normal or is there an adjustment for this?
Thanks,
Mark