Miami City X

Latest version: v1.91 (2020)

tubbsds
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Re: Re:

Post by tubbsds »

Romeo_Tango wrote: Sunday 04 Mar 2018, 18:29
DD Stanislaw wrote: Saturday 03 Mar 2018, 07:27 A new version v1.9 of Miami City X has been sent to stores. To download the new version simply log in into your account at the store where you've purchased this product. The update is published as a complete installer.

Please note - you do not have to remove the previous version in order to install the update.

Changes in v1.9:
- Better VAS management, faster texture loading
- Textures of all city buildings visually enhanced
- Miami Downtown now with night textures
- KOPF and KTMB textures enhanced
- FSW compatibility added

We recommended to install this update as besides visual enhancements it also provides better performance of the product.
I just downloaded from my purchase site 'FS Pilot shop'. Ran the installer and found that it says Ver. 1.8. I expected to see Ver. 1.9. There is also this at the download link
'File Last Updated: Wednesday, 23rd September, 2015 @ 03:42am'.

Please advise if this is infact the Ver. 1.9 update, if not how can I get it?

Robin.
I have the exact same issue. Downloaded from The FlightSim Store and got 1.8. I do not see a way to upgrade to 1.9.....
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Re: Miami City X

Post by DD Stanislaw »

tubbsds
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by tubbsds »

Thanks you for your reply but can you tell us which venders post your updates the fastest? The FlightSim Store still has not updated your scenery. I have emailed their customer service but they will not reply.

It is very frustrating and makes me not want to purchase again. It would make it much more appealing if I knew which vender would actually post your updates.

Thanks so much for your time.

Dave
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
Sorry to hear that.
The fastest to publish updates is definitely Simmarket.
tubbsds
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by tubbsds »

Someone must have read my post.... ironically I just got an email that your scenery was updated on their site and available to download.

Thanks for your help.
christiaan
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by christiaan »

FSX

Have several of the DD excellent sceneries including the new version of Miami X, DD Florida airports not installed.

However I am getting issues of black squares, which come and go, after taking off from the airport.

I had these with previous versions.

Is it possible to low res textures like other DD city sceneries.

My PC specs are not in the top range.

The airport KMIA is from LatinVfr but this does not seem to add to the problem.

Have MSE Florida, UTX, GTX

If I disable Florida, there is a definite improvement however I want to enjoy the combination of the sceneries.

Any suggestions welcome as I hoping to buy New York City if I do not get the same issues.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
Black textures = textures being loaded.
In the newest version this has been optimized as much as the modelling method of the buildings allowed us to.

Unfortunately, as this is actually a 2011 scenery, in that time we knew much less than we know now so the city is not even close to how our Seattle of Washington or Moscow performs, although a dozen of free updates were published after the first version to improve it since its publishing in 2012. As for now I do not think anything more can be done with it rather than making the models from scratch, which we currently do not plan to do but we may sometime in the future.

Also please note that if you use the v4 version of KMIA you should disable downtown buildings, otherwise you will get dublicates.
Treyh75
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Treyh75 »

I know I've asked this before but I'm missing Jetways on D and J concourse. Also aren't the gates suppose to be static? All of mine move. I've reinstalled a few times with the same result, so I'm thinking it may have to do with SODE.
I've attached pictures.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tukwyefi7g791 ... 3.BMP?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zl9szcg9izvuh ... 7.BMP?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ev6zcszwl2yja ... 9.BMP?dl=0
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
Looks like some missing files.
SODE was not even in the development proccess when this product was released. :)
Treyh75
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Treyh75 »

Ok I figured it out. Reinstalled and made sure all options were checked. When the "include Static Aircraft" options are unchecked, then gates will be missing. Its all sorted on my end. Didn't realize they were unchecked.
Jonald
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Jonald »

Hi,

Any chance you could update the AFCAD with the Taxi designators in your next update - taxi using Avilasoft is very difficult!

http://prntscr.com/j8vr1c

Thanks
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
Our KMIA is a very "lite" version of that airport. For the full-quality version we recommend using https://secure.simmarket.com/latinvfr-m ... -p3d.phtml which is fully compatible with our product.
Jonald
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Jonald »

Thanks a lot for your reply! I will check it out
msharron
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Mike

Post by msharron »

Hey I just purchased Miami City X for fsx and the buildings at night are different than the images and demo (the bright, beautiful neon style lights on some of the buildings). Are those buildings in the full version? Did I maybe not uninstall the demo correctly?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
If you mean those:

...than the current version provides much more realistic look of night buildings in the downtown, also much more of them is actually lit now.