Miami City X

Latest version: v1.91 (2020)

d_mitri
0-1 posts
0-1 posts

small request

Post by d_mitri »

Thanks for the awesome scenery. I think this makes my flights into Latin VFR KMIA much more realistic.

My only issue is with the night texture being only on some of the buildings. I personally find the big stadium being lit a distraction which looks unusual since the rest of the Miami skyline is dark.

Would it be possible to tell me how I can remove the night lighting from only the stadium?

Also please consider a patch to add more night lights to the amazing towering skyscrapers in Miami. Right now I only see maybe 3 lit up. If you can add a few more it would make this product even better.
SWAT12
0-1 posts
0-1 posts

Post by SWAT12 »

I saw a previous post about black ground panels in Miami City 2012 X. I too have a severe problem with this. I have several complex scenery add ons and do not have this issue with any of them. I installed the latest update for my graphics card drivers and set my frame rate limiter to 30 FPS. This did not solve the problem.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

This is because FS is loading textures, not only for the ground but also for buildings. BTW, what PC specs do you have? You can try running the scenery on DX10 Preview mode with Steve Parsons fixes, however I am not sure is if LatinVFR's KMIA works properly.
xrocco
0-1 posts
0-1 posts

Dark buildings in Miami X 2012

Post by xrocco »

Hello DRZEWIECKI Design Team!

Your Sceneries are great! But I think that the buildings are too dark...
Miami ist a bright City everywhere colorful walls and many White buildings an roofs.
The Buildings in Miami X are mainly Grey ...
Is there a Chance to calibrate the Colors in the next update?

That would be nice...
What do the other Users think about it?

Greetings
André
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hello Andre.
It is always easier to make textures more grey than to add more colours into them :wink: I will think about your suggestion, although it might be a bit complicated.
tjf4375
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Re: Miami City 2012 X

Post by tjf4375 »

Hi there,

Hope you may be able to help; I've installed the Miami 2012 X scenery, and I must say it is absolutely amazing! I've already done a video of the approach into KMIA, which was breath taking. However, I'd really like to do a sea plane tour of the scenery, and noticed that some of the inland waters don't seem to allow landing and take off of sea planes - they just sit solidly on the water and cannot move - similarly if I try to land on them, the aircraft crashes and flips over. I have tried moving out into the sea, and this seemed to work, but why is it that the harbour and quay areas don't work as they should?

Perhaps this is by design, in which case I will have to put up with it, but if there is a solution I'd be most grateful.

Many thanks in advance for your help,

Regards,

Tim
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hello Tim.
As far as I remember, the harbour area was especially designed to be compatible with all sea planes and this was tested many time, there are even some videos in YouTube. I guess you have something else installed for that area that generates that problem... I don't think this is our Miami that makes you crash during your sea plane landings...
tjf4375
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by tjf4375 »

Hi there,

Thanks for getting back so quickly.

The only other scenery I have installed in that area is the LatinVFR KMIA airport scenery, but I can't see why that would cause an issue, as it does not cover the harbour areas.

I've tested this with two different sea plane add-ons to check that it's not a plane issue, and both have sat solidly in the water and can't be moved.

If you have any further ideas, I'd be very grateful,

Many thanks,

Tim
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Tim, could you please confirm, that having our scenery inactive it is possible to land normally?
bthiago
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Update Miami X

Post by bthiago »

Hi,
Do you think we are going to have an update on the Scenery of Miami X, as KMIA airport Rwys were changed and many other improvements.

Thanks,
WHATTUP DOC!
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

I thought that most of people use the LatinVFR version, but if there is a need - sure we will make some updates.
FlyAndFight
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Possible clean up of Miami X autogen?

Post by FlyAndFight »

edit: found the original topic that I had opened some years ago. Thank you.
bthiago
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by bthiago »

DD Stanislaw wrote:I thought that most of people use the LatinVFR version, but if there is a need - sure we will make some updates.
I think you should. I don`t use an other addon besides yours in South Florida Airports. Including the KTMB.

Thanks,

Thiago
WHATTUP DOC!
dougmarston
0-1 posts
0-1 posts

Post by dougmarston »

I purchased this scenery a long time ago from Simmarket, but just redownloaded it. I recently installed Prepar3d v. 2.2 on my computer and tried to install this scenery into Prepar3d.

The installer indicated that it could not locate Prepar3d. I did a standard installation of Prepar3d using Lockheed's installer.

Are there any plans to upload a new installer so the program can be installed into Prepar3d Version 2?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Yes, but not now. Currently it is compatible with P3D v1.4, but if you have FSX or the old P3D you can simply install Miami there and select it in the P3D Scenery Library.