Miami City X

Latest version: v1.91 (2020)

Gilandred
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by Gilandred »

Hello. How do I uninstall Miami City X from P3D v4 please? The scenery library entry for this is grayed out, so I can't uncheck it. I would prefer to uninstall it, but I don't see an uninstaller file. Thanks.
Kuba Pa
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Jakub

Post by Kuba Pa »

Please remove files: add-on and informatiom from C:\Users\.....\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Miami City X and restart P3dv4. During star simulator will ask to Add Miami X, select NO.
Avidean
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Miami City X for P3D V4

Post by Avidean »

It would seem that version 1.6 is still the download on PCAviator.
When I downloaded and tried to install it only gives the option to install into
P3D V3 and below. Will PCAviator be getting the V4 istaller anything soon?
Kuba Pa
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Kuba Pa »

All our products are sent to the stores at the same time. Only the store service depends when it is available to customers. We have no influence on this situation. Please contact the store service.
Avidean
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by Avidean »

Can you tell me the version number that has the P3D V4 Installer please?
That way I know what I am asking for.
Kuba Pa
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Kuba Pa »

Miami X for P3d V4 has number 1.8
Javis
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Javis »

Hello,

I have just installed Miami City X v1.8 (bought from Simmarket) in P3Dv4. I have also installed P3Dv4 compatible NYCX which is utterly fantastic. 8)

The thing is that initially i inadvertedly installed the FSX version of NYCX in P3Dv4 which resulted in still low fps (aprox 14 average), constant popping in and out of building textures after changing view angle and, in the end, after about 15 minutes active, CTD.

Of course something was wrong. I didn't know at first but it proved i needed to buy the P3Dv4 compatible version of NYCX for a reduced price of 12 euro. After i removed the wrong version and installed the new one everything is absolutely wonderful !

The question is : is Miami City X v1.8 really the P3Dv4 compatible version ??....

Because i am getting the same results with the just installed Miami City X as i did with the inadvertedly installed FSX version of NYCX, i.e. constant popping in and out of building textures when changing view angle and ending with a CTD after a 15 minutes flight.....

This should not happen with a P3Dv4 compatible scenery, should it ??....

Is the Miami_City_X v1.8 installer i just bought from Simmarket really the P3Dv4 compatible version ?...

Thanks much for a reply !

Cheers,
Jan
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Please note - P3Dv4 sceneries are THE SAME sceneries as for P3Dv3 and even P3Dv2. Almost nothing has been changed since P3Dv2 techniques. P3Dv4 update was only the installer update (except for New York City). All P3Dv2 sceneries are also P3Dv4 compatible by design.
Javis
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Javis »

Ok, thanks for the quick reply and information, Stan.

But what about the fact that i now have the exact same troublesome experience with Miami City as i had with the inadvertedly installed wrong (FSX) version of NYCX in P3Dv4 while the correct v4 compatible version of NYCX works absolutely flawless. No popping in and out of building textures, wonderful smooth performance and no CTD whatsoever. Exactly as advertised which is something i cannot say about Miami City X in P3Dv4...

Can you imagine, givin my experience with the wrong version of NYCX in P3Dv4, that i think something's wrong with Miami City X as well ?....

Thanks!

Cheers,
Jan
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Well, definitely something is wrong as NYC is much "heavier" than any our other product. It rather seems like a wrong installation of our Miami package. I would try to simply reinstalling it. Please remove the product folder from FS/Addon Scenery and run the sim. P3Dv4 will remove all the disactive entries in libraries. After that run the installer of Miami and everything should be just fine.
Javis
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Javis »

Thanks, Stan, but reinstalling didn't change anything.

It would've been Ok if i didn't know how extremely well NYCX performs in P3Dv4. I can say, overall, Miami City X performs much less in P3Dv4 compared to that. The framerate is still good but not as good as NYCX. That's why i have the feeling something's not right with the Miami scenery. The constant re-texturing of large blocks of black buildings after changing view is something quite remarkable which i have only seen with the wrong (FSX) installation of NYCX in P3Dv4. No such thing happening with the correct P3Dv4 compatible NYCX scenery.

Miami City X is still a wonderful scenery in P3Dv4 of course but i hope a patch might be due sooner or later to deal with this re-texturing phenomenon.

Thanks very for much listening !

Cheers,
Jan
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

There is now way to patch this rather than doing the whole product from scratch, anyway, I believe Miami should indeed perform much better than NYCX. Why don't you write on my e-mail, maybe I would be able to troubleshoot it.
Javis
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Javis »

DD Stanislaw wrote:There is now way to patch this rather than doing the whole product from scratch, anyway, I believe Miami should indeed perform much better than NYCX. Why don't you write on my e-mail, maybe I would be able to troubleshoot it.
I would like to but can't find your email address... :)
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Javis
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Javis »

Thank you, Stan. However i see now that it probabely is of not much use because i see the exact same thing here : https://youtu.be/UsUq7ngpya8?t=8m9s

And this is done with a slightly better system compared to mine. It's clearly something that cannot be helped and possibly a fair trade for the exceptional good framerate compared to such a complex scenery. ( and after more testing i do see it happening with the NYCX scenery as well afterall...) It's just a matter of not panning so much.... :)

Thanks for your help, Stan, i am still totally knocked of my socks by the otherwise excellent performance of your fabulous sceneries in P3Dv4. Something i would've not believed a couple weeks ago ! 8)

Cheers,
Jan