EPWA Warsaw Chopin Airport X

Latest version: v1.97 (2020)

cardinal
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: chris

Re: EPWA Warsaw Chopin Airport X

Post by cardinal »

Thanks for the reply, so explain to me how to sellect the crosswind runway option which i have obviously been completely blind to have missed?
regards
chris
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

As far as I know the usage of crosswind runways is not something that is officially supported in Flight Sim and it's more like a workaround, that's why sometimes it's even preferred to not having them in the default AFCAD. In fact there is no such thing as a "realistic" ATC program as traffic control is just too complex to be realistically simplified - that's why I prefer flying online in VATSIM or IVAO. However I can understand that not everyone may want to fly online, so you may try to check out some addons / programs which probably simulates ATC better than the default one.
cardinal
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: chris

Post by cardinal »

There are numerous payware p3d scenerys(inc FSX) with crosswind runway operations. So why has'n't DD bothered to offer this solution for this EPWA scenery?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

As I mentioned - it's possible to make some kind of "workaround", but it's very troublesome in case of the scenery, which provides serveral different AFCADs. In such case it's not only very time-consuming, but can generate a lot of potential problems.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

chris, we are bothered however for numerous reasons it is not going to implemented yet.
For the ultimate air traffic simulation I recommend online flying (vatsim/ivao) or third-party ATC software.
Carlos_ecml
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Carlos

Post by Carlos_ecml »

Hi! It's been a while since I posted but I tried to keep up to date. I asked about VGDS a couple of years ago and looks like SODE pushed out the updated product, which I just bought, but am I right in thinking a separate Warsaw airport update later on will enable this?

Another thing is I've flown into Warsaw countless times in real life and when on a BA flight it's not uncommon to park at one of the heavy gates (13R, 14R) so I tend to do this in the sim too and the jetways attach normally using shift+D, but GSX just sees it as gate 13 (not 13L, 13R) and therefore doesn't function. So I wondered if this is a GSX limitation or if I have to download something else that makes it 'see' these other gates? Same with when Norwegian used to fly from London years ago. They would sometimes use the diagonal stands like 36 and 37 but again GSX doesn't see them.

Sorry if these have been answered already.

Cheers.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi Carlos, regarding SODE VDGS pack, in the coming update there should be the option to install the respective files, which will allow you to use this pack in EPWA. But it will be possible on the active stands only in accordance to the SODE functionality.

Regarding jetways and GSX, I would suggest trying the Cartayna configuration: http://drzewiecki-design.net/forum/view ... ?f=3&t=460
MartinNeep
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Martin

Post by MartinNeep »

Good morning,

I've just purchased this scenery (EPWA) for FSX and I have one issue that I'd like some help with.

For some reason, the textures and buildings are very slow to load when approaching this airport. Each set of trees, buildings, jetways loads one by one and it's very distracting to watch! This usually begins at about 9nm and takes several minutes to complete. The runway lights are also very slow to render appearing in all cases at 7nm. During taxi, as the aircrafts turns, buildings and jetways disappear and reappear popping in and out of view.

I don't think the issue is with my hardware because the scenery otherwise performs very well, consistently achieving an FPS of 60 for most of the time. Also when I run tests with other demanding scenery such as FlyTampa EHAM etc, this problem is not apparent.

I do not have any other scenery installed that would interact with this, nor do I have any other texture packages.

I've tried all of the following with no success...

Limited FPS to 20.
Installed lite texutres.
Removed internal terminal modelling.
Adjusted LOD

None of these make any difference, the textures still load at the same rate and distance from the airport.

I would be grateful for your assistance,

Many thanks,

Martin
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi Martin,
We are talking about FSX or FSX SE? I assume that you've already tried to reinstall the scenery with admin rights.
The problem takes place during approach only? When you load to the scenery, the textures loading is ok?
Have you maybe tried this tips: https://www.dropbox.com/s/w4wu3vqhf8jkm ... m.pdf?dl=0
You may also reinstall SODE to be sure that you have the last version.
And last but not least - please try to rebuild your fsx.cfg to see if there is any difference (of course make a backup of the existing one)
MartinNeep
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Martin

Post by MartinNeep »

Thanks for the quick reply Martin!

I'm using FSX deluxe. Yes, I've made sure that the installation is with admin rights and I've also updated SODE, so I know it's definitely the latest version.

The problem is apparent on approach, but the state of flight is really irrelevant. If I fly away from the airport and return, the same thing happens. If I slew back for a moment, the textures and buildings will disappear and then as I move closer will start re-appearing one by one again. I also allowed FSX to re-build the config file, but apart from loosing wide-aspect, I didn't notice any other difference.

In my experience, normally when textures 'pop' at close distance in FSX it is due to GPU overload, but even when I choose a simple aircraft, the textures appear and disappear at exactly the same distance. Otherwise FPS is very smooth and VAS usage low too.

Many thanks!

Martin Neep
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Martin, honestly speaking we have no idea what can cause such problem in your case - for sure it seems to be something very specific to your sim config and/or hardware. I do not remember the similar reports in the past, so it's hard to say. Are you able to show it to us via screenshots or via video maybe? Maybe it will help us to find any clue.

What other addons are you using?
You have v1.97 of EPWA, right?
pdp
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by pdp »

Has Just Flight been sent the latest version of this? They're still distributing 1.9.6 :(
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

pdp wrote: Tuesday 26 May 2020, 18:51 Has Just Flight been sent the latest
All shops get the latest versions at the same time. As Stanislaw said, you need to ask Just Flight why it's still not updated by them.
Rimax
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Ricard

Post by Rimax »

3 days before, I've purchased from Just Flight (order:JFL8345659C374A4EF4), and installed as administrator EPWA Warsaw Chopin Airport.
The attached Screen shots show what I'm seeing after installation, and of course it's far of being correct. My question is what can I do to correct this artifact.
I have not seen this effect with any other addon among the many I have installed.

Using Prepar3D V4.5 in Windows 10 Pro. Orbx Addons (Global Base, Global Vector, OpenLC Europe-NorthAmerica-SouthAmeica, as well as all published European Regions).

Thank you