Moscow City X

Latest version: v1.6 (2020)

Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Re: Moscow City X

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi, our installer should remove our demo version, but if you want to uninstall manually please remove the respective scenery folders from the following locations: ...\Users\"username"\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons
...\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\Addon Scenery
Then Please navigate to:
%FsFolder%\Scenery\0701\scenery\Moscow City X backup
Copy/paste all 4 files here:
%FsFolder%\Scenery\0701\scenery

Please navigate to:
%FsFolder%\Scenery\EURE\Scenery\Moscow City X backup
Copy/paste the "moscow.bgl" file here:
%FsFolder%\Scenery\EURE\Scenery

Additionally, if you have the MyTraffic product, their AFD files are archived here:
%FsFolder%\MyTraffic\Scenery\Moscow City X backup
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

bobterri6 wrote: Thursday 17 Jun 2021, 16:48 I'm sorry to be a pain in the rump
Please don't be - it is our job to help you. :)

The installer of the Moscow City X product should remove the DEMO automatically, as Marcin mentioned above.
travellerbavaria
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Thomas

Post by travellerbavaria »

I bought Moscow city XP 11. When I start x plane shows that can t show the scenery correctly.

0:04:58.035 E/SCN: Custom Scenery/DD Z Moscow City XP/village/house_3d.obj:1929:
0:04:58.035 E/SCN: LIGHTS 0 5 is out of range; OBJ file is bad.
0:04:58.035 E/SYS: MACIBM_alert: Beim Laden des Szeneriepakets ist ein Problem aufgetreten:
0:04:58.035 E/SYS: MACIBM_alert: Custom Scenery/DD Z Moscow City XP/
0:04:58.035 E/SYS: MACIBM_alert: Die Szenerie wird eventuell nicht korrekt angezeigt.
0:04:58.035 E/SYS: MACIBM_alert: Bitte sehen Sie sich die Datei Log.txt näher an, um eine detaillierte Information zum Fehler zu erhalten.
0:04:58.035 E/SYS: MACIBM_alert: C:/jenkins/design-triggered/source_code/app/X-Plane-f/../../engine/OBJ/OBJ_read.cpp:710
0:04:58.035 E/SYS: +-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0:04:58.035 E/SYS: | Beim Laden des Szeneriepakets ist ein Problem aufgetreten:
0:04:58.035 E/SYS: | Custom Scenery/DD Z Moscow City XP/
0:04:58.035 E/SYS: | Die Szenerie wird eventuell nicht korrekt angezeigt.
0:04:58.035 E/SYS: | Bitte sehen Sie sich die Datei Log.txt näher an, um eine detaillierte Information zum Fehler zu erhalten.
0:04:58.035 E/SYS: | (OBJ_read.cpp:710)
0:04:58.035 E/SYS: +-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WARNING: texture Custom Scenery/DD Z Moscow City XP/Lines/Osevaya_lin.png has a size that is not a power of 2; it may not render correctly.
WARNING: texture Custom Scenery/DD Z Moscow City XP/Lines/Osevaya_lin1.png has a size that is not a power of 2; it may not render correctly.
WARNING: texture Custom Scenery/DD Z Moscow City XP/Lines/fence3.png has a size that is not a power of 2; it may not render correctly.
WARNING: texture Custom Scenery/DD Z Moscow City XP/Lines/fence2.png has a size that is not a power of 2; it may not render correctly.
WARNING: texture Custom Scenery/DD Z Moscow City XP/Lines/fence1.png has a size that is not a power of 2; it may not render correctly.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

travellerbavaria wrote: Tuesday 06 Jul 2021, 20:16 bought Moscow city XP 11
You should have written this post in the respective thread for XP version. In such thread you would also find the fix.

viewtopic.php?t=370&start=105
john
26-49 posts
26-49 posts
Name: john

Post by john »

Hello I just bought this along with newer UUEE but I have some questions before I install, mostly due to past experiences with your installers.

1. Please tell me the name and location of the optional environment map so that I can backup that file. Some of your installers ignore my input and install it anyway.
2. Same as above, but with the optional grass improvement.

3. For the same reason as above, please tell me which files are for vnukovo, so I know to delete them (already have a vnukovo scenery installed).

Thanks.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
In case you do not need to install Vnukovo, simply uncheck it during installation.
john
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Post by john »

DD Stanislaw wrote: Monday 24 Jan 2022, 05:16 Hi.
In case you do not need to install Vnukovo, simply uncheck it during installation.
When I installed New-York I had specifically told the installer not to add KJFK, yet it still did and I had to manually delete every jfk/kjfk file from the scenery folder. It also replaced my envmap despite clearly selecting do not install.
It happened with other installers too.

What I ask is simple, since I have trust issue with the installers, just tell me the names and location of:

1. optional environment reflection map
2. optional grass texture
3. UUWW related files naming conventions

Thank you.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

john wrote: Monday 24 Jan 2022, 09:10 told the installer not to add KJFK
This sounds strange, because I even already checked the installer and it's working fully fine.
john wrote: Monday 24 Jan 2022, 09:10 with other installers too
Can you let us know, which ones? Please provide more details - which sim version, which scenery version, what feature selection. Obviously we will check it, but so far we have no reason to think that our installers don't do their job properly.
john wrote: Monday 24 Jan 2022, 09:10 environment reflection map
Prepar3D v5\Addon Scenery\Texture\GlobalEnvTest.dds
john wrote: Monday 24 Jan 2022, 09:10grass texture
Prepar3D v5\Scenery\World\Texture\detail1.bmp
john wrote: Monday 24 Jan 2022, 09:10 UUWW related files naming conventions
Please use our installer feature first - it should work.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

1.Env map
%FsFolder%\Texture

2. Grass texture
%FsFolder%\Scenery\World\Texture

3. UUWW related files:
%AppFolder%\Scenery
%AppFolder%\Texture
DD Stanislaw wrote: Monday 24 Jan 2022, 05:16 When I installed New-York I had specifically told the installer not to add KJFK, yet it still did and I had to manually delete every jfk/kjfk file from the scenery folder.
You must be joking. Can you do that again and film it? If the installer does so, I will provide you with each and every our FSX/P3D product free of charge.
I need specifically to see KJFK in the simulator after installing our NY package with KJFK deselected.
john
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Post by john »

It happened a long time ago, Not exactly sure which but with Seattle/ Chicago/ New York it happened. I can't recall if it was airport packages or the city as it was a very long time ago. You can test if you want. I'd rather not on my end as I am satisfied with the way everything runs. If you wanna check you can run these installers and deselect the ENVMAP Enhancement, as this one was the most common to fail. Would notice instantly on my planes that the ENVTEX envmap had been replaced as all my planes were much glossier.

RJAA did not trigger it. If UUEE v2 or Moscow city does I will let you know. Thank you for providing me the locations. I assume they are the same for PREPAR3D V4.
Can you do that again and film it? If the installer does so, I will provide you with each and every our FSX/P3D product free of charge.
I'll film installing Moscow if you want, but There's not need to go that far as I already have everything I want from you guys :)
The installers are all from simmarket if that means anything.

Cheers.
john
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Post by john »

DD Stanislaw wrote: Monday 24 Jan 2022, 09:31 1.Env map
%FsFolder%\Texture

2. Grass texture
%FsFolder%\Scenery\World\Texture

3. UUWW related files:
%AppFolder%\Scenery
%AppFolder%\Texture
DD Stanislaw wrote: Monday 24 Jan 2022, 05:16 When I installed New-York I had specifically told the installer not to add KJFK, yet it still did and I had to manually delete every jfk/kjfk file from the scenery folder.
You must be joking. Can you do that again and film it? If the installer does so, I will provide you with each and every our FSX/P3D product free of charge.
I need specifically to see KJFK in the simulator after installing our NY package with KJFK deselected.
Martin_Starski wrote: Monday 24 Jan 2022, 09:28
john wrote: Monday 24 Jan 2022, 09:10 told the installer not to add KJFK
This sounds strange, because I even already checked the installer and it's working fully fine.
john wrote: Monday 24 Jan 2022, 09:10 with other installers too
Can you let us know, which ones? Please provide more details - which sim version, which scenery version, what feature selection. Obviously we will check it, but so far we have no reason to think that our installers don't do their job properly.
john wrote: Monday 24 Jan 2022, 09:10 environment reflection map
Prepar3D v5\Addon Scenery\Texture\GlobalEnvTest.dds
john wrote: Monday 24 Jan 2022, 09:10grass texture
Prepar3D v5\Scenery\World\Texture\detail1.bmp
john wrote: Monday 24 Jan 2022, 09:10 UUWW related files naming conventions
Please use our installer feature first - it should work.
I made a dummy P3D folder on my laptop to run the moscow x installer, my suspicions were correct:

https://youtu.be/6k07syyR9Vs

You can clearly see the envmap getting installed despite it not being selected. Some vnukovo files installed too despite deselection.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

john wrote: Monday 24 Jan 2022, 11:02 envmap getting installed despite
We will take a look into this.
john wrote: Monday 24 Jan 2022, 11:02 vnukovo files installed
Please check the size of UUWW files and you will see that they have 1 KB, which means that Vnukovo is inactive.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

john wrote: Monday 24 Jan 2022, 11:02 envmap getting installed
Yes, either you install a default one or a custom one. You can't have a missing global environment map as nothing will work without it.
john wrote: Monday 24 Jan 2022, 11:02 I made a dummy P3D folder on my laptop to run the moscow x installer, my suspicions were correct:

It does not matter what you see in the files. What matters is what you see in the sim. The files you see are inactive and everything that you see installed is correct. The same thing was with NY. The best thing is to keep default install settings and not to dig into the files. :twisted:
john
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Post by john »

DD Stanislaw wrote: Monday 24 Jan 2022, 15:03
john wrote: Monday 24 Jan 2022, 11:02 envmap getting installed
Yes, either you install a default one or a custom one. You can't have a missing global environment map as nothing will work without it.
john wrote: Monday 24 Jan 2022, 11:02 I made a dummy P3D folder on my laptop to run the moscow x installer, my suspicions were correct:

It does not matter what you see in the files. What matters is what you see in the sim. The files you see are inactive and everything that you see installed is correct. The same thing was with NY. The best thing is to keep default install settings and not to dig into the files. :twisted:
So if I understand you correctly, unchecking that box forces a default envmap installation?

If that's the case I strongly suggest you change it to do nothing because most of us use modified envmaps, either freeware, rex, envtex, etc..

As for NY, if my memory serves me right, initially it was a full install, then a re-run without JFK. It was still visible.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

john wrote: Monday 24 Jan 2022, 18:01 change it to do nothing
Thanks for your suggestion - we will consider this if there is provided new updated version.
john wrote: Monday 24 Jan 2022, 18:01 then a re-run without JFK. It was still visible.
I've already checked the installer and after re-run without JFK, JFK was not visible as requested. But maybe something was wrong in some old installer version - now it seems to work fully fine.