Moscow City X

Latest version: v1.6 (2020)

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Ripcord wrote:That said there are still a few spots that were missed. The Moscow Heliport is a big one. Would be nice also to add in helipads at hospitals. I found several of them last night. There are also some government helipads now, such as the one at the Ministry of Education (West side) and right on the front steps of the 'White House' government building. There are a few other key buildings that I would liked to see added around the Garden Ring -- but not many.
Thanks! That is a very valuable comment.
Generally the higher the mesh settings in FS settings the better the terrain look. The product has a SRTM mesh as well as custom hand-mesh so theoretically it could "cover" the FS Global mesh.
IgorMos wrote:How to uninstall aiports that I do not need? Simply delete the .bgl-file?
Hi. Simply run our installer and unselect the airports you want to remove.
Ripcord
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by Ripcord »

Stan I wish to add that the product does everything that expected that it would. In fact in some ways it even exceed expectations when I bought it -- but then I started getting hopeful for more helipads only after participating in this thread : )

So I started researching the helipads and was surprised to find so many in Moscow. I understand this is a relatively new thing there, as it was not allowed before. Might be a nice idea for your patch to include some basic flattens and helipads.

WELL DONE SIR, you did it again!
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Yes, we will definitely add some of them indeed.
IgorMos
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by IgorMos »

Simple search in the Internet showed that two years ago there was about 1700 helicopter take offs and landings in Moscow PER YEAR. Do you think it worth it?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Sure it is. And it won't take long to do.
olli4740
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Thanks to all involved and disabling UUDD?

Post by olli4740 »

I made myself the guinea pig for the "Flightsimstore file upload integrity check" and I am happy to confirm that downloading and installing Moscow X from their store has worked just fine.

In order to disable the included lite version of UUDD, in favour of the MDesign version, I will simply remove all bgl files having a 'UUDD' in their name from the Moscow scenery folder?

On my first flight in the scenery I had consistently good frame rates and some very reasonable VAS consumption most of the time. Will enable UUEE only, when operating from/into there, though.

Thanks all!
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hello.
The installer provides all that functionality. Why not using it instead of manually removing files?

Maybe it is not obvious (although there is a note "To try different features simply run the installer again") but unchecking airports after they are installed, will remove them.

Best regards
Stanislaw
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Nimic wrote:Any chance for a FS9 version in the future? :roll:
Hello.
This time we have decided NOT to work on the FS2004 version of this product because of the following reasons:

- with photoreal textures of 4,8m/pix (maximum resolution for FS2004) it looks really... "vintage" and outdated, especially without blend masks
- ground photoreal textures would need to be calibrated from scratch
- majority of groups of city buildings and airport buildings would need to be edited and exported from the very beginning because of the BGLC_9 limits
- all 4096 textures (90% of total in the project) would be resized to 1024 pixels
- all custom mesh would actually have to be built from scratch
- there is no simple method to export FSX autogen to FS2004 format, doing that right would take time
- autogen will be removed in "square" pattern around all custom object, so if the object is a group of buildings, it would mean a desert around the downtown of Moscow as well as all custom airports
- I don't expect much interest from the remaining FS2004 community taking the above into consideration hence the work required to make it would not corelate with sales we can achieve

Instead, we will probably add some parts of the project, like the most important landmarks, into our next version of UUEE Sheremetyevo (the one that will be published when 3rd runway is activated as well as the new terminal). Hope the reasons are resonable and FS9 guys are not dissapointed.
Stanislaw
olli4740
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by olli4740 »

DD Stanislaw wrote:
Maybe it is not obvious (although there is a note "To try different features simply run the installer again") but unchecking airports after they are installed, will remove them.

Best regards
Stanislaw
Stanislaw,

I noticed those hints, but I simply missed the 'expand' sign in the installer window. LOL.

I like the scenery a lot. That flash photography (Easter egg?) really cracked me up!
Rob Ainscough
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

A nice day in Moscow

Post by Rob Ainscough »

Wonderful scenery, great job!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shROsFGlj8k

Cheers, Rob.
Zephyr RU
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

about FTX Open LC EU

Post by Zephyr RU »

hi. really nice addon. :D
well, is this compatible with FTX Open LC EU and Global Vector?

when I flying near Kremlin, I found some strange Autogen buildings.

or is there best setting for that?
pmb
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by pmb »

Hi,

first posting here.

I am very glad you made a Moscow City Scenery, just bought and installed it. (Actually I already own a lot of your scenery of Poland etc.) Overall I am quite pleased with Moscow. I use it together with DD UUEE which I bought earlier, under P3D3.3.

One minor question/issue. I don't see any moving cars on the road leading from UUEE to Moscow city center. However, there are moving cars starting from the road ring towards the center. Is there something wrong in my installation?

I use it together with ORBX OpenLC EU, Vector, Base and Pilot's 2010 FTX compatible Mesh.

Thanks and kind regards, Michael
chip1978
0-1 posts
0-1 posts

Post by chip1978 »

Hello. I want to thank you for the great script of Moscow.
I'd love to see in addition to the scenario helicopter landing sites Moscow hospitals are often used sanitary Aviation Moscow: UUUB, UUUN, UUUR, UUUQ, UUUY, UUUH, UUUI
All information is on http://maps.aopa.ru
navigation information
http://www.caiga.ru/common/AirClassGDE/validaip4
Photo topography https://yandex.ru/maps/
https://www.google.ru/маps
Well, if it is necessary we can photos on the site of the Moscow forum users think will help.
With respect and gratitude.
shagrath
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Re: about FTX Open LC EU

Post by shagrath »

Zephyr RU wrote:hi. really nice addon. :D
well, is this compatible with FTX Open LC EU and Global Vector?

when I flying near Kremlin, I found some strange Autogen buildings.

or is there best setting for that?
Hello, I''ve the some problem. In the center of Moscow Autogen (not included in the scenery) sparse on ground. It's a pety, could you provided please a fix as soon as you can?

I've got FSX, ORBX Global, Vector and EU Landclass (I've tried to disabled landclass for Russia) but it's not LC the problem.

Regards, waiting for your feedback
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Re: about FTX Open LC EU

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Zephyr RU wrote:is this compatible with FTX Open LC EU and Global Vector
Hi. Probably one of those programs add some custom buildings to the Moscow area. This issue should be addresed by ORBX team as they are the only one who know which of their files are responsible for that area (obviously I can do that too but since this is their software it would not be really fair and probably not legal for me to change any of their files.
pmb wrote:I don't see any moving cars on the road leading from UUEE to Moscow city center.
Yes, that is correct. So far only that area has been populated with car traffic.
chip1978 wrote:I'd love to see in addition to the scenario helicopter landing sites Moscow hospitals
Hi. Yes, we will be (actually already are) working on that. Thanks for the links!
shagrath wrote:In the center of Moscow Autogen (...) sparse on ground.
Hi. In the center of Moscow there is no autogen at all - only custom-made buildings (around Kremlin). In other areas yes, there are some places where autogen is missing and we have been working on that right after the release and still working. This will be fixed in v1.1 .