Latest version: v1.6 (2020)

cbramkamp
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Christian

Re: Moscow City X

Post by cbramkamp »

Hi Martin,
attached more screenshots to visualize the problem.
The FTX elevation correction isn´t longer existing in V5.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

I'm still missing some info.

In which locations / airports do you have such mesh problems?
Have you choosed to install airports during the installation process?
No mesh addon in you sim, right?
Is there any problem with the city too? (this is mainly the city addon)
You've tried to reinstall the scenery as admin, right?
cbramkamp
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Christian

Post by cbramkamp »

Hi Martin,
i ve done five new clean installations before i ve created an account on this forum.
There are no other addons. All options in the installation process are selected (i ve bought the addon for the airports).
The City looks strange too, attached some more pictures.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

The point is that this photoground is not ours - the other addon has to interfere with our Moscow City X. The question is which one... Can you attach your scenery.cfg and put the screenshot from your Addon Scenery folder? Can you also move orbx library on the top - it's probably not the point here but won't hurt 🙃 You may also try to disable all other third party addons and leave Moscow City X to see if it's OK then. Based on this we will be sure that there is a compatibillity problem, not with the installation.
Afterburner
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by Afterburner »

Hello, I have a question: When I set the date to November 4 in the simulator, it is all snowy in Moscow. I use Simelite Season Manager, which corrects the default seasons by providing real-time seasons, and according to the manager and to my observations in Moscow (where I currently live), it is not even soft winter here, and not all leaves have fallen. I know that Moscow City X has only two seasons, but is it possible to switch the season to summer, which is at least not snowy?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
Sure, you can switch the date in the sim settings.
Unfortunately in FSX-P3D there is no way of defining the precise date when the ortho changes to a different season - this can only be done monthly.
Afterburner
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by Afterburner »

Yes, changing the date in the simulator is obviously the simplest way of changing the displayed season of the area.

I understand that seasons in FSX/P3D are defined monthly, but could something be done to avoid having hard winter in November? Recently, it has been rare to have snow during that month. December, January and February would be more realistic. Just an idea...
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Yes, that would be possible however we need to make it compatible with the simulator's season schedule.
Afterburner
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by Afterburner »

About a year ago, I posted the following message (it is still there on page 15):

"Today I wanted to fly out of UUWW, but AI traffic never took off from runway 19, because the holding point is too far away from the runway. (Another user mentioned this problem earlier). I thought that the newest update to 1.4 had fixed this (since the changelog mentions "afcad fixes"), but apparently not.

My question is: Could we have an optional, alternative AFCAD file for UUWW that has the holding points close enough to the runways? This may not quite correspond to reality, but I am sure that to those who use AI traffic, this would still be better than having the airplanes not taking off at all. It would be great if you could upload the alternative AFCAD file.

Thank you for your consideration!
"

I wanted to inquire about the progress of this issue. I recently bought P3Dv4 and installed Moscow City X and AI traffic from Alpha India Group, which is of very good quality. It was painful to watch the beautiful airplanes never taking off in UUWW. I attempted to change the holding points myself using Airport Design Editor, but it doesn't let me do it and tells me that the files are protected - for a good reason, I bet. So I wanted to know if this is planned for the next update.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Sorry - it seems that you are already waiting 1 year to get the fix from us. The truth is that I forgot about this issue and didn't add it to the to-do list, so this is my fault - sorry from my side.

It's already noted and we will take care of it as soon as our capacities and human resources will allow us to make the update of Moscow City X. A lot of things are happening, especially in case of new MSFS and we have many ongoing projects, but for sure we will do our best to fix the hitherto-exisiting issues.
Afterburner
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by Afterburner »

No problem, I just hope that this issue will be addressed soon. Thank you for clarifying what your current situation is.
briancarney1
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Brian

Post by briancarney1 »

Hi!

I downloaded both Moscow City X and the UUEE demo version earlier today. I went through the installation programs for both (run as administrator) however when I open up FSX (SE) and go to try to check it out there is still the default scenery. I tried checking the scenery library within FSX and neither Moscow City X or UUEE demo is showing up in there, so I'm not sure how to uninstall and try it again if I can't see it in the scenery library. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Which option have you choosed during the installation process? Maybe FSX Steam Edition (dual mode only)?
If I'm right and you do not have "dual mode" (both FSX and FSX:SE), please run the installer with admin rights again and choose Microsoft Flight Simulator X
briancarney1
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Brian

Post by briancarney1 »

Thanks! That did the trick, it looks great!
I wasn't sure what the "dual mode" was, but had just selected FSX Steam Edition, but using the plain FSX installation worked perfectly.

Thanks again!
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Glad to hear - happy flying!