Latest version: v1.5 (2020)

drumelo
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Drumond

Re: Washington X

Post by drumelo »

Hi Martin,

Just FYI, I tested a few other gates, they also don't work with GSX, only with Shift-D. So I assume GSX is not recognizing the jetways at all.
The only file I tested is the new .sdx two posts above. Cartanya's files are now behind a facebook login curtain, so I don't have access. If somebody could put them in an alternate place I could give it a shot. If there is any other GSX/P3D customization I can do myself let me know. I'll do some exploring on my side too.

Meanwhile Shift-D is the way to go for me. I don't really mind, scenario is well worth the single extra keypress :)

Cheers and happy holidays,

Drumond
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

It's strange because after replacing the SDX file in SODE folder, GSX should recognize our jetways...
samwheeler
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by samwheeler »

Same issue for me as well. I placed the .sdx file and replaced however GSX still does not recognize the updated file. I remember back in early 2019 applying the updated SDX fixed the issue, however this file doesn't seem to be fixing. Not sure what could be causing the issue.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Do you use the Cartayna config?
http://drzewiecki-design.net/forum/view ... ?f=3&t=460

This is the only way to make our airports work correctly with GSX.
samwheeler
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by samwheeler »

I would have preferred to use the default SODE jetways, if possible. No worries though!
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Isn't there a way to use default SODE jetways while using the rest of the functions from those configs?
GuyH
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Guy

Post by GuyH »

I am using MAIW (Military AI Works) and they are also supplying a version of KADW airport.
As I can't use them at the same time, for now I disabled the MAIW version, but is there also a way to disable the KADW of Washington X?

For now I had 2 CTD's when flying from or to KADW. And I wanted to see if something changes if I use the MAIW KADW version.

Furthermore I just love the Washington X scenery. Just great realism!
GuyH
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Guy

Post by GuyH »

I am sorry. I forgot that I already asked this question before. *shame on me*
So please disregard my question.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

No problem - if you have any other questions, do not hesitate to contact us.
G.P
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by G.P »

Is there any plan to update this product once the "project journey" is done on the field?

The airport is outdated right now and would need an update once the project journey is done.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi, currently we are focused on some other projects and as far as I know such update has not been scheduled yet. But as you may notice, we are doing our best to update our projects to adapt them to the actual status.
PGDE
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by PGDE »

Hi:

After using Washington X and KDCA for a long time, all of a sudden at KDCA none of the airport buildings are showing up. Gates load fine as does AI. Any suggestions as to how to troubleshoot this? No real config changes. Am on latest P3D.

Thanks and stay healthy!

P.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
This behaviour is usually related to double entries in the Scenery Library or the product actually missing from the scenery library. It would help if you could attach your scenery.cfg .
PGDE
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by PGDE »

No problem. I have also included the add-ons.cfg file since it looks like Washington X was an xml install. Just FYI, I was thinking about what may have changed and I have been playing around with Lorby's Add-On organizer. I am almost positive this problem started after I used that. I still use Scenery Config Editor which I really like. Tried restoring the files with his P4AOBAK extension but that didn't seem to help.

Regards,

P.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

From what I can say - the default Washington DC is there (but inactive), as well as the one from Megascenery.

Your is located in PATH=E:\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Washington X , please check out that folder, there should be the add-on.xml file located with specified paths etc. It might be worth checking that file directly. Perhaps some paths are wrong there.

What about Seattle X? Does that package work correctly?