Washington X

Latest version: v1.5 (2020)

Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Re: Washington X

Post by Martin_Starski »

Robbie, it looks like the CRJ door is too low for jetways, which may cause a problem. But do you have GSX? If you go into add-ons in the menu bar and go to the GSX menu there’s an option to ‘configure aircraft positions’ or something along those lines, and there you can move the positions of the doors and whatnot. Have you maybe tried this?

And have you installed any special GSX config files for CRJ? Maybe I'm wrong, because I do not use this plane, but as far as I heard some GSX config files need to be installed manually from the CRJ package.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Did it work before? I mean - the product is almost 5 years old.
yurirodin
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Yuri

Post by yurirodin »

Hi,
I noticed that there are no approach or runway lights on during low visibility at KDCA. At night they turn on. Do the approach lights turn on automatically during low visibility at KDCA? Thanks.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi, if you don't untick "lights all the time" option, SODE will activate the lights at dusk / night automatically. Similarly will be with low visibility - SODE will manage the lights if it meets the respective weather conditions. But you may also use the function "all the time" and they will be always active despite of time or weather.
yurirodin
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by yurirodin »

Where is this option to untick "lights all the time"? Right now the lights come on at night but not during the day with low visibility.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

In may configure the product via the installer.
yurirodin
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by yurirodin »

Ahh, read the manual. Tuning 112.0 on NAV 2 turns on the lights in the daytime. All is well.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Yes, this feature is activating the lights indeed. BTW: If you start the installer again, you should be able to choose "lights all the time" feature too.
MELKOR
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: William

Post by MELKOR »

GSX does not recognize SODE Jetways

I am able to control jetways via direct use of SODE.

But GSX says "No jetway here" in the menu, for every gate that I've tried.

GSX works in every other add-on scenery I've tried, including other DD airports such as New York Airport X KEWR.

According to Umberto over at FSDreamTeam, the issue is due to incorrect names in the scenery. Please see http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index. ... 342.0.html
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi, do you have the last version of this package/scenery?

Please also take a look into this post: viewtopic.php?p=22969#p22969
MELKOR
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by MELKOR »

Martin_Starski wrote: Friday 09 Jul 2021, 06:12 Hi, do you have the last version of this package/scenery?
Yes, 1.5.
Martin_Starski wrote: Friday 09 Jul 2021, 06:12 Please also take a look into this post: viewtopic.php?p=22969#p22969
I've already talked to FSDT (see the link I posted), and hence why I'm posting here. Umberto claims the issue is with your scenery, not GSX.

Thanks.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

MELKOR wrote: Tuesday 13 Jul 2021, 04:20 issue is with your scenery,
But have you replaced sdx file in SODE that was attached to this post: viewtopic.php?p=22969#p22969 ? Is there no difference? Our intention was to use the shortcut Shift + D and this should work.
MELKOR
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by MELKOR »

Martin_Starski wrote: Tuesday 13 Jul 2021, 10:58 But have you replaced sdx file in SODE that was attached to this post: viewtopic.php?p=22969#p22969 ? Is there no difference? Our intention was to use the shortcut Shift + D and this should work.
I have 1.5 installed, and that contains the exact same file. I double checked using a binary diff.

Code: Select all

C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\sdx\DrzewieckiDesign>fc /b KDCA_X.sdx e:\temp\KDCA_X.sdx
Comparing files KDCA_X.sdx and E:\TEMP\KDCA_X.SDX
FC: no differences encountered
Martin_Starski wrote: Tuesday 13 Jul 2021, 10:58 use the shortcut Shift + D and this should work
Yes. I know that. As I said in my original post "I am able to control jetways via direct use of SODE".

The problem is that GSX will not control the jetways. And, according to Umberto, the issue is with how the jetways have been named in your scenery.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

We've never promised to control jetways via GSX, especially as this feature was added at the later stage. Some time ago we provided the alternative sdx, which solved a problem, but it seems that it's not working again.

This issue has been noted on to-do list, so we will take a look when the new update will coming.

In the meantime you may give a try to the Cartayna files: https://secure.simmarket.com/javier-itu ... ions.phtml
MELKOR
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by MELKOR »

Martin_Starski wrote: Wednesday 14 Jul 2021, 11:08 In the meantime you may give a try to the Cartayna files: https://secure.simmarket.com/javier-itu ... ions.phtml
Thanks Martin, I'll take a look at that.