Latest version: v1.5 (2020)

bvanhout
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Brian

Re: Washington X

Post by bvanhout »

Good day,

In P3Dv5.2 I am seeing floating trees to the west of the runway (behind the terminal complex) at KDCA.
This was not the case in v5.1

Thank you.
Brian
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

If you refresh the scenery, trees are still in the air?Everything was ok in p3d v5 when we released the scenery. It's possible that LM changed something, which means no backward compatibility. When we decide to do the update, we will check this.
mduchsherer
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Falcon

Post by mduchsherer »

I purchased WashingtonX and Seattle X years ago. I have migrated to P3dV5 but the installers don’t list the P3dV5 platform as an option for installation. My installers only lists up to P3dV4. I found a workaround way to install but it is buggy. Is there an updated installer I can download for P3dV5 or will I need to repurchase the scenery?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
Please contact us via e-mail http://www.drzewiecki-design.net/c.htm ; you will also need a Simmarket account.
noahharget
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by noahharget »

Hello,

Last night I did a flight from KLGA - KDCA, and noticed in both airports in a night environment, the buildings are almost transparent with very weird textures, both appear fine in day time. Only seem to experience this with DD scenery in P3D V5.2.

Any way to fix this? I use EnvShade, but haven't noticed this issue before.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/UGBBjLmggh67vpt3A
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

We've never noticed it either. I'm pretty sure that everything was ok when we released this product for p3d v5. On the other hand, I don't think that the updated version of P3D might have caused such a problem. Let me check our scenery in my test environment updated to the last version of p3d - however I will be able to answer you not earlier than at the end of next week.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

This looks like an issue with P3D shaders to me.
Jerrymc3
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: Jerry

Post by Jerrymc3 »

A couple of issues. First, I installed Washington X into P3Dv5.3. The traffic accident seems a lot worse than in P3Dv4. I think it must be an alien attack. I tried to upload the .fsr file but it wasn't accepted and I couldn't find a way to convert it to a video format. Anyway, there were flashes of white light around the accident.
Second, at gates with two jetways, when I use gsx to operate a jetway it only gives the option to move the left jetway to the fwd passenger exit which causes it to cross over the right jetway.
Third, I know most developers have abandoned P3D for MSFS which is really disappointing for me since I don't plan on switching any time soon. Does Drzewiecki Design have any plans to update any of their older sceneries such as WashingtonX to PBR textures?

Jerry
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
Jerrymc3 wrote: Tuesday 21 Jun 2022, 19:50 The traffic accident seems a lot worse than in P3Dv4.
Probably LM has changes some effects.
Jerrymc3 wrote: Tuesday 21 Jun 2022, 19:50 when I use gsx to operate a jetway it only gives the option to move the left jetway
This is the GSX's problem really. We recommend using SODE for that instead.
Jerrymc3 wrote: Tuesday 21 Jun 2022, 19:50 I know most developers have abandoned P3D for MSFS
Please note that they did that for a reason :wink:
Jerrymc3 wrote: Tuesday 21 Jun 2022, 19:50 Does Drzewiecki Design have any plans to update any of their older sceneries such as WashingtonX to PBR textures?
Negative, we have no such plans due to:
a) P3D's PBR being so much worse than MSFS's PBR and also completely different (we tried it in RJAA)
b) The customer market share for P3Dv5 currently being ~4% of total
dcmair
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by dcmair »

Where can I download this file. I am pretty sure I own it Prepar3D 4 & 5
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

dcmair wrote: Friday 18 Nov 2022, 05:19 download this file
Which file do you mean?
bworld1
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: bworld1

Post by bworld1 »

Hi guys, I know this is off this topic, but I have been trying to create a new post about Washington X for P3D 4.5, and at the bottom it says that I cannot create new posts, what gives, I have created an account quite a while ago. So, how can I create a new post about the errors that I see with the KDCA localizers for runway 1/19? I have version 1.5 and do not see any updates. I have looked at Reagan*.bgl in ADE and the localizers are not positioned or pointing correctly. Please tell me how to post a new topic. Otherwise, I will use ADE to correct them, currently I cannot approach the ILS or RNAV runways with the Aerosoft A320 Pro at all, it is as if there is nothing for the A320 to detect, nothing gets input into the FMS RAD/NAV page. I flew into KCLE (CLEF/FSDEV version) to verify that the plane is fine. I tried searching for the problem with no results.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

To be very honest I'm not fully sure what is your problem with writing the new post. Each product/scenery per the specific sim has its thread, where our users can describe their problems, search for the solution and ask for support. Users cannot create their threads here.

KDCA is the part of Washington X, so you can report your problem here and you even did it initially. Can you elaborate, please? Which nav data are incorrect? My understanding is that your plane shouldn't read the nav data from our scenery but rather from the up-to-date AIRAC. Please describe exactly what the problem is and what theoretically should be corrected.
bworld1
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: bworld1

Post by bworld1 »

Thanks for the reply. Actually, in my research about the localizers and glideslopes at KDCA, I found that your scenery is correct!! What is unusual at KDCA is that there is a huge offset in the alignment for the runway 19 localizer and glideslope. And after taking a look again at the procedures on AirNav for that runway, it is no longer designated as an ILS runway, it is an RNAV. So, sorry for posting that in error, my mistake.

As far as new posts, I guess the way it works is that I would have had to go through a support email to get a thread started?

So, I am still scratching my head as to why the A320 won't set itself up in the FMS on approach to runway 1, it doesn't even set up the Rad/Nav page. But other airports seem to be fine. I'll keep digging into it, and for now, there is nothing wrong with Washington X, and I am enjoying the high quality of the scenery!! By the way, so far GSX V2 works fine for me when using the "Follow Me truck", getting graded by the marshall at the gate, and enabling the jetway. But so far the ground control has only given me gates A 1 and 3.

I do plan to purchase FSHUD soon, it will be interesting to see how everything works.
Thanks again for the feedback.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

bworld1 wrote: Monday 05 Jun 2023, 00:54 As far as new posts, I guess the way it works is that I would have had to go through a support email to get a thread started?
It's not necessary to start any new thread - each product has its own one created by us in this forum, so you just need to find the specific one and write the post as you exactly already did.