Washington X

Latest version: v1.5 (2020)

Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Re: Washington X

Post by Martin_Starski »

Sdx could help for activating jetways via GSX.

Regarding pushbacks, tomorrow I will check it in my sim and let you know, but I'm almost sure that our AFCAD is created in the proper way.

BTW : with Cartayna files for KDCA you have the same issue?
tryhardninja
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Matt

Post by tryhardninja »

So when I installed the Cartayna files for KDCA everything worked as intended. I uninstalled them and it went back to having no pushbacks like when I first bought the scenery.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hmmm... I was pretty sure that this problem was fixed in our afcad file for KDCA some time ago - sorry!
Are you able to use the Cartayna file and we will fix the issue during the next update?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Please check this afcad and let us know if it's ok now :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tryhardninja
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by tryhardninja »

Nope, no difference!
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

After replacing this afcad there is still no available option to make a pushbacks by GSX? Have you rebuild the cache?
tryhardninja
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by tryhardninja »

After rebuilding the cache everything appears to be good. Pushbacks work as expected. Thanks!
kmanning
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: kmanning

Post by kmanning »

I tell you,
I've just registered and I've never been to a forum that is so difficult to get anything posted to get some answers. I'm trying to uninstall the WashingtonX scenery from my P3Dv4 sim. The scenery cannot be removed in the scenery library of P3D nor does the scenery show up in the Windows Control panel to uninstall. The website or the forum stated that the manual explains how to uninstall WashingtonX. NO it DOES NOT. The manual DOES NOT explain, NOT one word on how to uninstall this scenery. I have wasted hours of my time trying to figure out how to uninstall this scenery simply because the manual did not explain how to do so and no searches turned up anything on how to uninstall it. How do I uninstall the WashingtonX?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

kmanning wrote: Thursday 14 Jan 2021, 10:43 never been to a forum that is so difficult to get anything posted to get some answers.
Honestly speaking I do not know why do you feel like this - please feel free to let us know in details what was so difficult, then we will try to improve.
kmanning wrote: Thursday 14 Jan 2021, 10:43 I have wasted hours of my time trying to figure out how to uninstall this scenery simply
We are really sorry to hear this - however uninstalling of our scenery is very easy. You can simply remove the scenery folder from the Addon Scenery and during the next run of P3D it should be removed.

You can also to this in the following way:

-> remove the respective scenery folder from the following location: ...\Users\"username"\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons
-> remove the respective scenery folder from the "Addon scenery" folder in main P3D directory
-> remove the respective scenery folders from the SODE folders, which can be found here: C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE

On the other hand - can you let us know why would you wish to uninstall it?
kmanning
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: kmanning

Post by kmanning »

Martin_Starski wrote: Thursday 14 Jan 2021, 14:40
kmanning wrote: Thursday 14 Jan 2021, 10:43 never been to a forum that is so difficult to get anything posted to get some answers.
Honestly speaking I do not know why do you feel like this - please feel free to let us know in details what was so difficult, then we will try to improve.
kmanning wrote: Thursday 14 Jan 2021, 10:43 I have wasted hours of my time trying to figure out how to uninstall this scenery simply
We are really sorry to hear this - however uninstalling of our scenery is very easy. You can simply remove the scenery folder from the Addon Scenery and during the next run of P3D it should be removed.

You can also to this in the following way:

-> remove the respective scenery folder from the following location: ...\Users\"username"\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons
-> remove the respective scenery folder from the "Addon scenery" folder in main P3D directory
-> remove the respective scenery folders from the SODE folders, which can be found here: C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE

On the other hand - can you let us know why would you wish to uninstall it?

Hi, thanks for your help.
You've mentioned that I simply remove the scenery folder from the Addon Scenery in P3Dv4, Are you referring to the scenery library? If so, that cannot be done because it does not allow one to do that. You cannot select it and remove it. The same applies to FSDrreamTeam and FlightBeam products. These have the be removed either using the Windows Control Panel or the Addon Manager. In the scenery library, the folder name was WashingtonX, and if one selects that folder, it will not hightlight and allow you to press the delete button to remove it. The reason I'm uninstalling it is because I'm upgrading the P3D sim to the latest version, and I want it to be a clean install. After I upgrade the sim, I w'll reinstall the WashingtonX.

What was so difficult about registering is where I had to take a lot of time trying to find the latest code for the forum in order to register, and I've never had to do that with other forums that I've used. The other part is the fact that there is no button to start a new post, at least, I have not been able to find it and that took a lot of my time. You probably noticed that I've used this post that someone else created and I wasn't able to start a new post. Let me know more about the fact that I cannot remove it from the scenery library. You may not be referring to that.

Ken.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

kmanning wrote: Thursday 14 Jan 2021, 20:18 remove the scenery folder from the Addon Scenery in P3Dv4, Are you referring to the scenery library?
No - you can simply remove it from the Addon Scenery folder in P3D v4 main root folder.
kmanning wrote: Thursday 14 Jan 2021, 20:18 I want it to be a clean install. After I upgrade the sim, I w'll reinstall the WashingtonX.
So, please do the following steps as described before:

kmanning wrote: Thursday 14 Jan 2021, 20:18 was so difficult about registering
We faced a lot of problems with SPAM in our forum, so sorry but we had to create this in this way to protect the forum against unwanted attacks.
kmanning wrote: Thursday 14 Jan 2021, 20:18 I wasn't able to start a new post.
Our forum is designed in the way that all sim and their sceneries / products have their own threads and there is discussion / support in these threads only. You can't create your own threads - it keeps everything organized and easier to find answers to your questions.
DirtyF16
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Danny

Post by DirtyF16 »

Hello, I believe this is a quick fix and thank you in advance for the help. First, I truly appreciate the DD scenery and thank you for your great customer support.

I have Washington X installed for P3Dv4. I have two washington monuments?? I have ORBX base and North America as add-ons. Including Flightbeam KIAD. Anyone know a fix?

Thank you.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Can you show it via screenshot? (for example using this tool: https://imgbb.com/)

Where is our scenery placed in the scenery library? Especially versus other mentioned addons.
DirtyF16
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Danny

Post by DirtyF16 »

that worked. It was a layer problem. Thank you!
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Glad to hear :)