NY Airports v2 X

Latest version: v2.6 (2020)

bwbriscoe
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: BenBriscoe

Re: NY Airports v2 X

Post by bwbriscoe »

Just downloaded and installed NY Airports v2 X. Product description says works with SODE, when I try and use GSX to dock airbridges I get a big... "No Jetways Here" message.

Can someone help?

Thanks
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Please use the shortcut: Shift + D to activate the jetways via SODE.

BTW: Which scenery ersion have you installed? Which sim are we talking about? At which airports it's not working via GSX menu?
bwbriscoe
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: BenBriscoe

Post by bwbriscoe »

How do I uninstall this scenery? There seems to be no directions on how to get rid of this off my machine?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Uninstalling is very easy but why would you wish to uninstall it?
rovari
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: rovari

: NY Airports v2 X

Post by rovari »

Hello.
I have purchased NY Airports V2 for my P3D V3. I have installed it in my computer but when i go to see it i have only the jetways and the taxuiway. No tower, no terminals, no buildings. Can you help?=
Moreover, I had to installed it in then Libraries because it didn't installe it automaticly.
Please help
Help.-
Rovari
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Please look for double entries in the Scenery Library / Add'ons menu. This should not happen but apparently happens sometimes.
rovari wrote: Sunday 15 Nov 2020, 19:03 Moreover, I had to installed it in then Libraries because it didn't installe it automaticly.
Something went wrong, because it should have been added to the library automatically. Before you added it manually, there was the same issue?
rovari
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: rovari

Post by rovari »

Thanks for your advice. I have now the scenery installed properly.
Thanks
Rovari.
tdnewhouse
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Trevor

Post by tdnewhouse »

Hello,

I have recently installed NY Airports v2 for P3D v5. I am having issues with after install and loading into the airports. It seems that something has gone wrong with the install as to taxiway textures do not match photos in the product description along with jetways not being located to buildings. When going to a top-down view and zooming out a little bit, I can see the textures change for runways, taxiways, and the ramp. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling using different servers with no success. When downloading, I have also tried to untick the option regarding high texture cement/asphalt with no change in the textures. I have also unticked global scenery to see if there was an issue there and unticking all scenery had no change on it. Looking for a solution to this issue.

Thanks,
Trevor
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Something went wrong indeed. Are you sure that you do not have any doubled entries referring to New York Airports X v2?

If not, can you post some screenshots here to show how does it look like in your sim?

Please attach information.cfg file, which should be available in the scenery folder.

What other addons do you have and where is placed our scenery in relation to them?
tdnewhouse
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by tdnewhouse »

Hello Martin,

Thank you for the reply. Attached are some screenshots as to what is going on in the sim. I have noticed that there are some taxiway signs as well that look to be from the default scenery. I have the scenery located as number 1 priority in the scenery library.

Thanks,
Trevor

Information.cfg:
[SYSTEM]
OS=Windows 10
Date=11/29/2020
Time=11:31:13
[PRODUCT]
Product Name=NY Airports v2 X
Product Version=: KJFK, KLGA, KTEB v2.6
Product path=C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\Addon Scenery\NY Airports v2 X
addonXMLpath=C:\Users\Trevor\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\NY Airports v2 X\add-on.xml
[FLIGHTSIM]
Sim main Folder=C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5
Sim Selection=611
CFG file path=C:\Users\Trevor\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\Prepar3D.cfg
add-on.cfg folder path=C:\Users\Trevor\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5
scenery.cfg path=C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\scenery.cfg
[SODE]
SODE files=C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

I'm not sure if it's a good idea to have your P3D in Program Files - it can be that Windows is blocking some files to be installed there. Have you tried to reinstall with admin rights? Are you sure that in your scenery library there are no other similar entries relating to NY Airports?
tdnewhouse
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by tdnewhouse »

Where should I have my P3D files located? I did try installing as admin when installing for a second attempt yesterday. Should I uninstall the sceneries and reinstall after relocating my P3D files? And is relocating the files as simple as dragging it to the new location?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

tdnewhouse wrote: Monday 30 Nov 2020, 15:05 Where should I have my P3D files located
I would say that most experienced users will not install it to the default location due to the sometimes intrusive Windows always popping up messages boxes asking if you are sure you want to do what you just told Windows to do.
tdnewhouse wrote: Monday 30 Nov 2020, 15:05 Should I uninstall the sceneries and reinstall after relocating my P3D files? And is relocating the files as simple as dragging it to the new location?
It's not simple relocating of files - you shouldn't do this now. Maybe try to remove all folders relating to NY Airports, make sure that you see default scenery in P3D and then run the installer with admin rights and try to install again. If it doesn't help, please provide me with screenshots of your libraries (or add-on.cfg and scenery.cfg) + p3d settings (marcin@drzewiecki-design.net).
Dreamflight767
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by Dreamflight767 »

Hello:

I am not able to get SODE jetways to work at LGA. They work fine at the airports. I see the SODE file in 12bPilot/SODE/SimObjects.

Not sure what's up.

Thank you.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

What is happening after selecting shift + D? Any error message?