NY Airports v2 X

Latest version: v2.6 (2020)

Mets747
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by Mets747 »

DD Stanislaw wrote:Ok. Please provide a screenshot of the view you are experiencing problems with. Additionally please provide more information regarding your CPU, GPU and RAM. It might also be worth testing the same viewport with our airports deactivated (via the installer). There is a chance there are some remains of an older scenery.

Here are two images, basically anytime I point my camera towards the center of the scenery it drops dramatically.

https://ibb.co/gMazRv
https://ibb.co/gNRZta

My PC Specs are:
i7 6700K@ 4.6GHz
32GB DDR4 Ram
8GB GeForce GTX 1080
ASRock Z170 Professional Motherboard
Jay
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Thanks you. I am correct that both screenshots are made towards the NY city center?
DD Stanislaw wrote:It might also be worth testing the same viewport with our airports deactivated (via the installer).
Did you try that?
Additionally, regarding P3D settings, THIS MOVIE provides good tips regarding the particular settings versus performance. With similar settings you should get similar framerates.[/quote]
Mets747
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by Mets747 »

DD Stanislaw wrote:Thanks you. I am correct that both screenshots are made towards the NY city center?
DD Stanislaw wrote:It might also be worth testing the same viewport with our airports deactivated (via the installer).
Did you try that?
Additionally, regarding P3D settings, THIS MOVIE provides good tips regarding the particular settings versus performance. With similar settings you should get similar framerates.
[/quote]

I have to run the installer as if I was installing the product again to disable it?

Also, regarding that video...my specs are basically identical and in fact I have a slightly better graphics card (GTX 1080) and I do NOT have NYC X installed and the video shows both installed and was still getting way better performance than I am. I only have TEB and JFK installed and still suffering.
Jay
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Yes, you need to run the installer to change airport settings. Just like with all our other sceneries. This is the most reliable way to do that so far.

You may also double-check some simulator settings. F/e - is dynamic lighting on or off? What about realistic reflections? etc.
Mets747
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by Mets747 »

DD Stanislaw wrote:Yes, you need to run the installer to change airport settings. Just like with all our other sceneries. This is the most reliable way to do that so far.

You may also double-check some simulator settings. F/e - is dynamic lighting on or off? What about realistic reflections? etc.

I disabled JFK and just had TEB installed and my framed where back to normal (above 50)

My sim setting I have dynamic lighting on and reflections Off...so im not sure what's going on.
Jay
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Ok, as per the movie, try to turn the dynamic lighting OFF and the reflections ON.
dw21
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by dw21 »

Does anyone know why my version of KJFK has no terminals? This happens in KGLA as well. Thanks!
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Probable cause is double entries in the Scenery Library. Please make sure that only one entry is active.
dw21
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by dw21 »

DD Stanislaw wrote:Probable cause is double entries in the Scenery Library. Please make sure that only one entry is active.
Thanks! I thought of that problem as well, but I used Scenery Config Editor instead of using the Add On manager in P3D, so didn't see the double entries.
richcam427
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by richcam427 »

I've found a small, but very annoying quirk/bug with KEWR regarding SODE.

Terminal C jetways are unusable by GSX due to the way the gates are named in the .sdx file.

GSX uses the AfcadGateName="X" parameter in the .XML file to match up with AFCAD file, which tells it that there are SODE-operated jetways at the gates. Because the AfcadGateName parameter for these gates is GATE_C_101-120, GATE_C_120-139, and GATE_C_70-99, instead of just GATE_C, GSX does not recognize the gates as having jetways. Of course, Shift-D does operate the jetways at these gates, but not having the GSX integration is incredibly annoying.

Terminal A and B gates with with GSX just fine and show the appropriate /JS indication.

I would fix this myself, but because the problem lies in the compiled .sdx file, I can't.

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
Thanks for this report, we will try to fix that. I guess it was made this way for easier navigation as ther are a lot of gates under C.
richcam427
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by richcam427 »

Stanislaw,

Sorry to bring this up again, but the same problem appears at KJFK. I'm assuming that the AfcadGateParemeter is listed as "TERMINAL" instead of "GATE" when the CustomDesignator="XXX;#" parameter should be used after each AfcadParkingNumber entry.

You can see that the jetways show up in the Shift-D menu fine, but GSX does not recognize them as seen the the lack of the /JS indication. The SODE jetway system by itself is somewhat limited, and not having GSX available for the jetways really hampers the potential of this otherwise fantastic scenery.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Got it, thanks for the information.
surfcandy
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Clean Install

Post by surfcandy »

I bought a FSX Steam version of the two airports packages and something along the way got messed up apparently. I need to totally remove them and then re-install the two airport packages. Could someone please tell me the correct way to do this? Removing the files from the Addon Scenery folder is not enough.

Most of my default Airports don't even have buildings now after installing the two NY Airport packs. I am hoping it is a simple fix that someone can help me out with.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hello.
Please specify what got messed up during the install.

The easiest way to uninstall the airports is to run the installer of each package and deselect all airports in options, then proceed with the install. This will remove all airports from the sim. Simply do not select any of the airports during the install.