NY Airports v2 X

Latest version: v2.6 (2020)

tonypgray
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Tony

Re: NY Airports v2 X

Post by tonypgray »

Just installed v2.6 of NY airports on a new PC with P3D 5.1 Hotfix 1. I'm seeing some bleed through of (what I assume) are parts of stock runways at KEWR.

I don't know if this helps but I have seen this in a number of sceneries when the airport elevation is different between the stock airport and the addon. In this case ADE reports

stock KEWR elevation 5.181m
drzewiecki KEWR elevation 5.486m
truthknown
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by truthknown »

Hi guys,

With P3D 5.1 HF1, I get a strange occurrance at all of my DD sceneries when in VR Single Pass mode. It seems as if the buildings and all objects are floating. It could also be described as the floor being rendered way lower than the actual ground level. It only happens at my DD sceneries (JFK, DCA, SEA, etc.) and only when in VR single pass mode. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Chris
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

truthknown wrote: Sunday 27 Dec 2020, 01:08 Any thoughts?
Hi Chris - at the moment I have nothing very smart to say, especially as probably we have never tested our sceneries in such mode. Currently I can note this problem and we will think about it. On the other hand - are you sure that everything is ok without VR single pass mode? If so it could be great if you can support us and ask thus question via official prepar3d forum for an advice.
truthknown
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by truthknown »

Hi Martin,

It only occurs in Single Pass mode. It works fine in Stereo mode, but of course at lesser performance. Very strange... lol!

I reported this in the P3D forums a while back. No acknowledgement from LM on this specific issue however. They have typically acknowledged and have actually directly fixed VR issues I have reported recently so I assume they have at least seen the report, and other users have co-signed on experiencing this. Anyway, I thought to bring it up directly to you guys here since it is only occurring for me with your sceneries. The effect is a bit nauseating to say the least.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for looking into it!

Chris
ZeeMan90
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Viktor

Post by ZeeMan90 »

Hello my fellow simmers and dear DD team,

I wish you a happy new year! To set off the new year right I wanted to do some flights from KLGA when I noticed to following.
Strangely I am missing autogen trees around New York City and KJFK and KLGA. See attached screenshots.
I've compared the version I see in my installation of P3D v4.5 HF 3 with several others on YouTube and there
are trees in the videos where people approach KLGA for RWY 31.

What could be the reason for them to be absent?

Looking forward to your help. Stay save and healthy!

Regards

Quasair
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Eric

Post by Quasair »

Happy New Year One and All,

I'm new to this forum so I hope this wasn't covered before. I have a number of Drzewiecki sceneries so, for the most part I'm very satisfied with the products. My problem seems to be first addressed by "windshear" a few years back. The AD or AFCAD files cannot be changed. I tried myself at KJFK and all the buildings disappeared. I didn't realize this would be considered reverse engineering the product, especially since Prepar3d and MSFS allows one to do so with their default airports. Windshear pointed out that some airlines were either at the wrong terminals or had no parking assigned to them. My problem is that many gates at KJFK go unused by AI aircraft because a lot of these gates are assigned to too few airlines. Case and point, Delta has several aircraft sitting in the area where terminal 3 used to be (an area according to Google Earth that has no aircraft parking) while terminal 4, used by Delta, has several open gates. American Airlines doesn't have enough large parking gates at terminal 7 for their wide body aircraft so several American planes are parked in the terminal 3 area, of which I just spoke, or out at terminal 4's ramp area. I am more interested in authenticity rather than detail, the reason I selected this product over the competition but the aircraft parking situation removes a lot of the realism. I just wonder if this can be remedied either with somehow allowing us to change the parking or by this, and other Drzewiecki airports being massively updated?

Cheers,
Eric
B744F
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: David

Post by B744F »

Hi. I am falling through the map taxing over the A and B bridges between NA and NB
Fine in p3d v4 today in p3d v5.1 current hotfix i fall through the map on the bridge.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Quasair wrote: Friday 01 Jan 2021, 20:11 if this can be remedied either with somehow allowing us to change the parking
The truth is that we have not enough human resources to cover all users' requests and wishes. Especially now with MSFS / P3D and their frequent updates we got our hands full. But if you are interested to do such update, you may send such request to us via Email and we will answer.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

B744F wrote: Saturday 02 Jan 2021, 11:30 in p3d v5.1 current hotfix i fall through the map on the bridge.
Please make sure that you installed the scenery with admin rights and with all scenery details. Check if our scenery is on top of the scenery library and that you have the same settings like in p3d v4, especially regarding mesh, which has a big influence to such sensitive constructions like bridges. If it doesn't help, please post the screenshot showing the respective bridge in your sim.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

ZeeMan90 wrote: Friday 01 Jan 2021, 15:36 What could be the reason for them to be absent?
Have you tried different sim settings?
Is SODE working properly in your case? Can you check SODE logs maybe?
B744F
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by B744F »

Martin Hi thanks for the reply to help. I always use admin rights for installation. I had this problem in Chicago KORD on the A and B bridges too that was fixed in an update. I heard FlyTampa Amsterdam had this issue due to changes in Prepar3d 5 version handling terrain and excludes? Could you take a look because this is not my issue I know. The one thing I uncheck only is statics in your scenery and use all other options not had issues except at KORD before in Prepar3d 4.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi, thanks - we will check. Can you show this behaviour in the screenshot and remind me which location is it?
B744F
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by B744F »

yellow taxi areas highlighted with (3) (2) for both bridges on taxiways B and A

https://i.imgur.com/jTDjfiY.png

In Chicago KORD (it may be an issue again in p3d v5 like it is in JFK and was not an issue in p3d v4)
the A and B bridges here

https://i.imgur.com/m25oiaH.png

Thank you.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Ok, due to some limitations I'll be able to check it at the beginning of next week. Obviously I will get back to you.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

In the meantime we were able to do such test in p3d v5 again. Both KORD and KJFK works without any problems and our planes were able to cross the bridges. If it's working in your p3d v4 version, I would try to find a differences, especially in case of settings, other addons and their prioritization. You may also attach the screenshots of your bridges and the behaviour of plane during such bridge crossing - maybe it will give us any hint.