Seattle City X

Latest version: v1.4 (2020)

harlank
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Re: Seattle City X

Post by harlank »

I redownloaded Seattle City X from FS Pilotshop this morning and it is still v1.05. Is there a different way of getting the updated file?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Unfortunately the only way to get the file is to log-in into the store account. Please note that you need to make a purchase of the new product (Seattle City X) to get the latest version. The purchase is free if you already have the previous one.
Rhett
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Re: Seattle City X & KSEA Taxi2Gate Compatibility

Post by Rhett »

Hi there,

I have installed Seattle City X 1.1 and find these strange water bodies mainly to the east of KSEA (but also some small water bodes to the west). I have P3DV4.2 and ORBX PNW (and ORBX FTX Global, Vector, OpenLC NA) and Pilots Global Mesh 2018 for ORBX FTX. I applied with ORBX compatibility fixes from https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/105 ... ity-guide/. I did not apply any Vector airport elevation correction for KSEA and did not apply the aerodrome flattening mesh tool for KSEA (AFM2) from Pilots for Pilots Global Mesh 2018.

With Seattle City X installed (active) = strange water bodies appear with roads running into water.
Without Seattle City C installed (inactive) = no strange water bodies (i.e. correct as per google earth).

Also - it appears as though the grass colour between KSEA runways changes a little.

Please kindly advise how this can be fixed.

Thanks and regards,
KSEA Water bodies.jpg
KSEA Water bodies clean.jpg
KSEA Water bodies 2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
Please provide some screenshots of the water bodies that you mention - I don't think this have ever been reported.
Also, please specify what exactly do you mean by: "grass colour between KSEA runways changes a little"
Rhett
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by Rhett »

Hi Stan,

I did provide screenshots with comparisons - but 2 of the 3 attachments were deleted from the post for some reason.

I will try again.

Regards
Rhett
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Re: Seattle City X & KSEA Taxi2Gate Compatibility

Post by Rhett »

Hi Stan,

I have installed Seattle City X 1.1 and find these strange water bodies (or black/dark textures) mainly to the east of KSEA (but also some smaller ones to the west). I have P3DV4.2 and ORBX PNW (and ORBX FTX Global, Vector, OpenLC NA) and Pilots Global Mesh 2018 for ORBX FTX. I applied the ORBX compatibility fixes from https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/105 ... ity-guide/. I did not apply any Vector airport elevation correction for KSEA and did not apply the aerodrome flattening mesh tool for KSEA (AFM2) from Pilots for Pilots Global Mesh 2018.

I also tried without the ORBX compatibility fixes and it made no difference. In fact I tried many options and nothing made any difference.

With Seattle City X installed (active) = strange water bodies appear with roads running into water. Perhaps it is not water - but black / dark textures - I am not sure.
Without Seattle City C installed (inactive) = no strange water bodies / black areas (i.e. correct as per google earth).

Also - it appears as though the grass colour between KSEA runways changes a little. (However I am not too worried about this - the water or black area problem is the main concern)

Please kindly advise how this can be fixed.

Here are 2 screenshots with Seattle City X activated in the library. Problem areas highlighted in yellow ovals.

Here is a screenshot with Seattle City X deactivated in the library.

Thanks for your help.

Rhett
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

These are shadows, not water; since the Airports package is not installed (and those shadows are part of our KSEA), nothing is placed above those shadows and you see them as dark areas. Unfortunately there is no other way to better manage these areas by f/e providing different ground textures for various install configurations, since each set of ground textures uses almost 4GB of data.

Grass areas are different because our product covers the whole area of Seattle, including KSEA airport and all other airports.

Summarizing - yes, our City product is compatible with other airport sceneries for that area in terms that it can be used together with them (f/e without crashing the sim), but the original idea was to deliver a complete city+airports package and everything works/looks perfect when both products are installed, this was also the reason for us to develop our own KSEA scenery from scratch. It works good also when only one of those products is installed but there are indeed some minor issues, like remaining shadows, which we can not remove from the ground layer no matter if you have our Seattle Airports X installed or not.
Rhett
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by Rhett »

Ok. Thanks for response.

At least I know that there is nothing wrong with my setup and installation.

So I presume that all other users having the same addons as I (i.e. Taxi2Gate KSEA and ORBX FTX PNW) have the same shadows with no buildings on top.

Would it not help by putting Taxi2Gate's "KSEA" SCENERY folder (not the "KSEA-TERRAIN" SCENERY folder) above the Seattle City X scenery entry - so that the buildings come back?

The problem is that I only want KSEA (and not really all the other airports included in the Seattle Airports X package - as I do not want to "overload" the already intense scenery area of FSX / P3D) - and I have already purchased Taxi2Gate's KSEA - which performs well and looks good.

Regards,
Rhett
tflan
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

RE: Charlotte Douglas Int'l, Holes

Post by tflan »

I am new to this, or any, forum so please forgive me for this incorrect post, it has nothing to do with Seattle City. I have tried over and over to find a related topic but I cannot find anything. I installed this airport from a CD purchased from fspilotshop and when opening the airport I see holes where there should be buildings. I have uninstalled and reinstalled this product a number of times with the same results. This is not a demo but a purchased product. I am using FSX Steam and Orbx Global. Thanks for your help and again I am sorry if I stepped out of line with this post. tflan
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

tflan wrote: Saturday 12 May 2018, 15:24 I see holes where there should be buildings.
Hi.
Please provide a screenshot of that issue.
Rhett wrote: Saturday 12 May 2018, 09:55 The problem is that I only want KSEA
Yes, I understand, but there was no other way for us of doing it.
I can only assure you that the area will not be overloaded by installing the Airports package - all our customers are reporting better-than-default-scenery performance and they are extremely well optimized. Using the city without airports does not provide a full-quality experience of the area. BTW, in the end of the month we will be running a 20% sale.
FireRx
50-99 posts
50-99 posts

Post by FireRx »

DD.
What's causign the Floating houses across the bay SW of downtown Seattle? :? :shock:
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

No idea...
FireRx
50-99 posts
50-99 posts

Post by FireRx »

I figured it out. needed to run Vectors. The cliffs on the approach on rwy 34R is that the way it's suppose to look, or is there a Orbx tweak to soften that? :)
FireRx
50-99 posts
50-99 posts

Post by FireRx »

found one of the helispots. Thank you DD. :D
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

You welcome... but there are many more! :)
And just FYI - on this one you can walk in the Avatar mode!