Seattle City X

Latest version: v1.4 (2020)

Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Re: Seattle City X

Post by Martin_Starski »

Thanks for the feedback - we are going to solve it a.s.a.p.
Daveo wrote: Friday 11 Dec 2020, 22:50 in order to get it above Orbx entries
You should be able to do this via ORBX Central using the Insertion Point function.
retnavycpo
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Chief

Post by retnavycpo »

I originally purchased Seattle City X from the now defunct FSPilot Shop. I have no way to know if the version I have is current, or how to update it. Please help? Pete
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

The latest version is v1.4 (it's mentioned in this forum near each thread's name).

Please also follow this post: viewtopic.php?p=17796#p17796
ahuimanu
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: ahuimanu

Post by ahuimanu »

sho69607 wrote: Wednesday 05 Aug 2020, 09:34 Hello,

I noticed with the current release of Seattle City X, Mt Rainier is glowing white at night. Is this a bug?

Screenshot_9.jpg
Hello, here is a reply from Martin that might help: viewtopic.php?p=22794#p22794
charliebravo
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: charliebravo

Post by charliebravo »

I have Drzewiecki Design Seattle X installed within FSX and I also have Taxi2gate KSEA.

The problem I am having is that there are airport elevation issues at Ksea with a cliff effect orotund the entire airport.

Is there a quick fix for this issue?

Thank you for any help in resolving this.

(Sorry the image is upside down)
RegardsImage[/img]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

The best compatibility you will get with our KSEA. In your case it might be the question of layering - how they are positioned versus each other in the scenery library? Do you have FSX or FSX Steam? Do you have any ORBX products for this region as well? Other airport/mesh products for that area?
charliebravo
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by charliebravo »

Thank you for your quick response.

I have FSX Accelerator and apart from Taxi2gate KSEA and Drzewiecki Design Seattle City X, I have no other addons in this part of the world either Mesh or airport scenery.

Thank you
charliebravo
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by charliebravo »

I have tried a number of variations in adjusting the scenery layers putting the Taxi2gate KSAE scenery and KSEA terrain folders above Seattle City X and sadly the problem still persists.

I then tried deactivating the Taxi2gate KSEA Terrain folder within the scenery library and after recompiling the scenery library, this caused the reloading of the scenery to hang continuously at 22% while attempting to load the terrain data.I had to force FSX to close.

So, sadly no further forward with this one.

Regards
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

I'm afraid we do not support FSX any more. I remember that when we realeased our scenery, it was compatibile with KSEA of T2G for sure - of course it wasn't perfect, the best compatibility we can provide with our KSEA and Seattle Airports Package, but there was no such elevation issues. You can even check some videos of users, who used combo of our products.

As far as I remember it was good to have layering, where T2G KSEA-TERRAIN was higher than DD Seattle X. Maybe check which version of Seattle City X have you installed and maybe try to consider if any other KSEA was installed in the past. There was some elevation issues but it was relating to some ORBX products - you said that you don't have any. If it doesn't help, sorry but I have no clue.
charliebravo
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by charliebravo »

Thank you for your support as far as you were able to provide it, and the good news is I managed to sort the problem.

It looks like it was a glitch within my scenery.cfg file, fortunately I had a backup.

It meant using this backup as the active scenery.cfg then pulling the taxi2gate scenery up to the top of the scenery.cfg file then deleting it (both airport and terrain folders in separate steps) then removing the actual scenery from my computer completely, then I re-downloaded the airport scenery and re-installed it on the top of my other scenery which included the DD SeattleX scenery.

After starting FSX and going to KSEA the elevation problems were no longer visible.

Thanks again for your forum personnel who have helped me a lot more that the providers of the airport scenery, I will say no more than that.

This encourages me to deal with drzewiecki design in the future when considering other purchases.

Many thanks and kind regards
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

I'm very happy to hear this - thanks for your kind words!
baires
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Rafael

Post by baires »

Dear DD Team!

Hope you are doing fine.

I purchased DRZEWIECKI DESIGN - SEATTLE AIRPORTS X FSX P3D back in 2018 - without the city - (Order ID 1822690 - Simmarket) and the version I can download is 1.3

Then, I opted for Seattle City X DEMO - because I rather prefer a LITE version, performance and disk space in consideration.

As a consequence, I have terrible elevation issues at KPAE only. Those appear once I activate the Seattle City X DEMO.

Which file in SEATTLE CITY X DEMO is affecting the KPAE elevation??

Thank you so much!

Rafael A. Reca
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Can you show it via screenshot, please? What's the order in the scenery library? Any other addons for this region? Which sim are we talking about? We need more data.

All possible elevation files (ALT files) can be found in the main sim folder in Scenery/World/Scenery folder.
baires
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Rafael

Post by baires »

Thank you so much Martin! Sorry for missing the extra information in my previous post.

P3D V4 - latest HF.

I've given top priority to Seattle Airports over Seattle City X DEMO; opting to add the scenery via the traditional way (Adding Scenery library)

When installing Seattle City X Demo (1.1), I only opted for "Install Seattle City Downtown".

No other scenery/add-on in the area.

These images should illustrate the case:
2022-2-27_19-24-25-186.jpg
2022-2-27_19-23-52-203.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

To be very honest I have no p3d v4 on my PC and thus I'm not able to replicate the elevation issue with demo version - sorry. It might be that our demo of city package was not fully adapted to use with the Airports package and even deactivates the airports. Currently, we do not support our demo versions, so I'm not able to help you.