Seattle City X

Latest version: v1.4 (2020)

Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Re: Seattle City X

Post by Martin_Starski »

But guys - we are talking about something which is being managed by the sim engine, which is very very limited and cannot generate the realistic behaviour. That's why I always prefer flying in VATSIM or IVAO, because of weaknesses of sim's traffic and ATC.
timothyj67
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Timmmmie

Post by timothyj67 »

I use AIG for my AI and I have simultaneous landings on paraell runways at airports such as KORD, KATL...I up with this.
timothyj67
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by timothyj67 »

sorry bout the typo..But in P3D 4.5 I had DD Seattle airports and all 3 runways worked
Woogey
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Woogey »

Stan or Martin,

I just installed ORBX TE Washington State for P3d4. Simple question: Can I disable the PhotoReal that comes with your Seattle City Product and what are the file names? Its funny that ORBX is very adamant that your Seattle City will not work with their product. Drzewiecki Seattle City works perfectly fine with all ORBX products just as you say. I just prefer the green of the True Earth product, and would like to disable the PR that comes with DD Seattle City X.

Also Stan, if you are short handed, I can do some color matching adjustments for you, if you would be willing to make those files available to those of us who like to maximize compatibility. If you are interested in providing the public with a Seattle ORBX Color match patch please PM me.

-Preston
timothyj67
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by timothyj67 »

How do I get rid of the flourscent green trees in Seattle X p3d v5
Woogey
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Woogey »

Those are part of P3d not Drzewiecki trees. Uncheck the box in the P3d Ui for speed trees
scolei96
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: scott

Post by scolei96 »

I bought the Seattle X scenery from Simmarket and have had trouble installing it. I get an error that says Setup can no create folder \Addonscenery\Seattle X\Documents. What can I do to install this properly?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Which sim are we talking about?
What is the exact, full path to where your Prepar3D.exe is located?
Which scenery version is indicated by the installer?

It seems like broken registry entries. The installer tries to intall a file into the \Addon Scenery\Seattle X\Documents but there is no such folder. The correct path would be for example D:\Prepar3D\Addon Scenery\Seattle X\Documents . There probably IS an entry in the registry but without any value and this obviously will confuse all installers. For example for P3D v4 ou can check that easily by yourself:

Press Windows+R, enter "regedit" and press Enter. Now navigate to the proper directory, which for P3Dv4 is:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 - key name is "SetupPath"
or
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 - key name is "SetupPath"
or
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 - key name is "AppPath"

Check the key value. It should point to where your P3D is installed but in your case it is probably empty. Additionally something (security settings or other programs) might be blocking the installers from reading that path, but I am almost sure about the solution above.
bpieke
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by bpieke »

Hi, I have not been here in a while, but just purchased Seattle City X for P3DV5.

Downtown Seattle looks very good!

Two things..

1. I cannot get the forum to display in English.. can you change my profile (or give me instructions?)

2. The airport buildings at Renton and Boeing Field have disappeared.. How do I get them back?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi,
bpieke wrote: Sunday 21 Jun 2020, 20:26 forum to display in English.
You should be able to do this in your user settings, but of course we will try to change this for you
bpieke wrote: Sunday 21 Jun 2020, 20:26 buildings at Renton and Boeing Field have disappeared
You should check for doubled Scenery Library entries - please go to the Scenery Library and if you find any entries related to Seattle, please manually remove them.
bpieke
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by bpieke »

Thank you!

The forum is now in English, but as I reply, the screen is again in Polish..

As for scenery entries... I use Orbx PNW, that is it.

But your Seattle City X scenery removes all airport buildings at KPAE, KBFI, KRNT

It is layered above all Orbx sceneries.

The install offered a demo version of your Seattle Airports.. do I need that?
There is no P3D V5 option for that package..

--

After I log in, the forum goes back to Polish..

--

The Seattle City install also offered a demo version of Seattle Airports, unfortunately without a V5 install option.. so I have now installed that demo into v4 and manually copied over the scenery to V5. It does bring back a version of the missing airports (not as nice as the PNW version.. but at least it has buildings..) Loading time has gone through the roof though, with V5 sitting at 74% for minutes on end.. so all is not well. RAM usage is up as well..

--

Was able to change my profile to English.. :)

Based on: Go to: Panel zarządzania kontem -> Ustawienia Witryny -> Ustawienia globalne ; you can change the language there.

--

Also looking for user feedback here:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/5771 ... nt-4257973

--

So, please answer this question:

"Is the Seattle City X product a standalone product that can be installed and used without the Seattle Airports product?"

It is is being advertised as compatible with P3D V5, and all Orbx scenery...

Could you clarify?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Bert, please try limiting posts to just one - multiple of them makes it really hard to read.

Your account is set to English indeed. If the problem still occurs, please create a new account and make sure to select English during registration.

Additionally please make sure that you do not have any automatic translations in your browser active.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

bpieke wrote: Monday 22 Jun 2020, 15:58 Seattle City X scenery removes all airport buildings at KPAE, KBFI, KRNT
bpieke wrote: Monday 22 Jun 2020, 15:58 Is the Seattle City X product a standalone product that can be installed and used without the Seattle Airports product?
Sorry but my previous suggestion about doubled entries was caused by the fact that I didn't fully understand your problem.

Let me check this, but it's possible that our Seattle City scenery deactivates the airports. I need to check if we are able to do any changes at the moment.

For sure all our payware products / sceneries are compatible with p3d v5, including Seattle City X, however our demo versions are not adapted indeed.

So far we were focused on the use of combination of both packages - Airports and City. We also provided the options to use our City package with KSEA Seattle-Tacoma by Taxi2Gate. I'm afraid we've never considered the compatibility with ORBX PNW in the way of using their airports with our city as both products partially cover the same are. This is what it looks like at the moment.
bpieke
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by bpieke »

Thank you for looking into this!
72westy
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Jim

Post by 72westy »

With respect to Seattle X city or Seattle X airports and Orbx Global base pack. Should all 3rd party airports added be above Global base pack?