Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Seattle City X

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Seattle City X for FSX-based platforms by Drzewiecki Design

Product description:
http://www.drzewiecki-design.net/prodSeaCity_X.htm

English and Polish discussion and support in this topic / Dyskusja po polsku i po angielsku w tym temacie.

Please note: it is recommended to use http://www.7-zip.org/download.html to decompress the product. 7zip is a well-known and a very effective freeware compression software, handling large files very well.

ImageImageImage

FireRx
50-99 posts
50-99 posts

Post by FireRx »

Stanislaw
how long will it be before the vendor have this to buy, sir?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
It should be available today (Friday).
bpieke
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

How do I uninstall?

Post by bpieke »

I just installed your Seattle City X demo (in P3DV4).

How do I uninstall it again?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

You can't! :mrgreen:

Simply run the installer again and uncheck all the selectable boxes and proceed with the install. This will remove the DEMO.
FireRx
50-99 posts
50-99 posts

Post by FireRx »

Stanislaw, is there .bgl's we have to turn off in Orbx PNW or Orbx base for compatibility? :lol:
Perk
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Seasonal textures cycling with Orbx PNW?

Post by Perk »

Is there any way to get the seasonal textures in sync with Orbx PNW? With today's date set in P3Dv4 (12/8/17), and the automatically selected season "fall" - I get snow textures in the Seattle-X area, but normal "soft winter" textures for the surrounding area. The Orbx textures are considerably more realistic for the low areas around the sound which only occasionally get any significant snowfall. Is there any way to choose which texture sets are in use for a given date?

https://i.imgur.com/xU5HBSh.jpg
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Seasonal textures cycling with Orbx PNW?

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Perk wrote:Is there any way to get the seasonal textures in sync with Orbx PNW?
There is no way to control this for the photoreal scenery since FSX (in was possible in FS2004). We can only match particular texture sets to particular months. On the other hand ORBX uses only landclass areas (except for some "landmark" areas like mountain peaks) and this is controlled in a completely different way by the sim. For example - landlass areas change to Heavy Winter automatically when snowfall occurs. This is not the case with orthophoto. So the only other alternative is... summer textures for the whole year. Hopefully at some point LM developers may give us more control over it or provide a system for orthophoto which is not based on months but f/e on weather conditions.
FireRx wrote:Stanislaw, is there .bgl's we have to turn off in Orbx PNW or Orbx base for compatibility? :lol:
Generally there shouldn't be a problem. Is there?
bpieke
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Re Uninstall

Post by bpieke »

Re-installing the Demo with all options unchecked does not uninstall the Demo...
have tried in FSX and P3D..
Perk
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Re: Seasonal textures cycling with Orbx PNW?

Post by Perk »

DD Stanislaw wrote:
Perk wrote:Is there any way to get the seasonal textures in sync with Orbx PNW?
There is no way to control this for the photoreal scenery since FSX (in was possible in FS2004). We can only match particular texture sets to particular months. On the other hand ORBX uses only landclass areas (except for some "landmark" areas like mountain peaks) and this is controlled in a completely different way by the sim. For example - landlass areas change to Heavy Winter automatically when snowfall occurs. This is not the case with orthophoto. So the only other alternative is... summer textures for the whole year. Hopefully at some point LM developers may give us more control over it or provide a system for orthophoto which is not based on months but f/e on weather conditions.
Could we maybe only get snow textures for January or an option to manually turn them on? It really doesn't snow very much in Seattle proper - averages less than 5 inches a year:
http://www.seattleweatherblog.com/snow-stats/
FireRx wrote:Stanislaw, is there .bgl's we have to turn off in Orbx PNW or Orbx base for compatibility? :lol:
Generally there shouldn't be a problem. Is there?
I had issues at KBFI with elevation and duplicate buildings. Didn't test any of the other areas just did the normal "search for airport codes in the ORBX folder and rename to .off" dance. That fixed BFI and I flew up to KPAE last night and didn't notice any issues there or otherwise. Disabling the Orbx "lite" airport files is pretty much a requirement for any add on airport that overlays the "full fat" regions or happens to coincide with one of their "global lite" freeware airports.
Holden Riley
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Holden Riley »

I fixed the issue with Renton's elevation. I just re-ran the Airports installer and all is fixed.
seam1977
100-199 posts
100-199 posts

Post by seam1977 »

super sceneria :D
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Holden Riley wrote:I fixed the issue with Renton's elevation. I just re-ran the Airports installer and all is fixed.
Thanks for the info! Yes, running the tool is pretty much a requirement after adding any other add-on content. Sometimes the tool is not effective enough and you manually need to enter ICAO codes of such airports.
Perk wrote:Could we maybe only get snow textures for January or an option to manually turn them on?
The manual turning-off would mean... another 5GB of data with additional photoscenery BGLs :mrgreen: . We can program them to show only in January but this means that you still wish to have them. But you can always manually switch to Summer too. It is not only the textures but the whole SODE content programmed together with the ground textures. Also - if there is a snowfall all the ground around will change to winter but not the orthophoto textures.
THibben
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Seattl City Installation

Post by THibben »

I purchased Seattle City X yesterday. I installed and tried to run it at a high detail level. It installed but was terrible looking. There was almost no detail.

I have a very high end system and can run all other scenery at high levels of detail and get very good FPS.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I am using FSX.

Tom

[ Added: Sat Dec 09, 2017 20:44 ]
Some sort of Miracle. I reinstalled, verified all my settings were set to high and flew. Everything appeared as good as it can get. I was getting fps 20-30.

I think I will go purchase all of the surrounding airports.

Tom
trisho0
100-199 posts
100-199 posts

Seattle City X Compatibility

Post by trisho0 »

Will be compatible 100% with KSEA Seattle-Tacoma by Taxi2Gate? Or, only partially to none?
Patricio Valdes