Latest version: v1.4 (2020)

Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Re: Seattle Airports X

Post by Martin_Starski »

Wise87 wrote: Tuesday 02 Apr 2019, 15:17 step by step process
Sorry but there are so many different addons and possible mixes for this region that such guideline is not available. But on our forum you may use the "search" function, which should allow you to find the answer without reading all pages.
Wise87 wrote: Tuesday 02 Apr 2019, 15:17 Seattle products and Orbx North America LC and Vectors.
At which airport do you have an elevation problem? Have you tried to to use FTX Vector elevation tool? Maybe you can find any conflicting files in the folder of Orbx North America LC and try to disable them? (search by airport codes). Finally - which sim are we talking about?
Drzewiecki Design Customer Support
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

phdok wrote: Tuesday 02 Apr 2019, 15:58 Only at DUSK framerate drops to about 10 fps
Very strange, because from my point of view in such situation you should have the similar problem with textures at night. Or maybe it's related to shaders somehow :? Very hard to say, especially as I don't remember anyone reported such behaviour.
King24
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: RueKing

Post by King24 »

Sorry. I'm on p3d v4.4 . i tried admin rights. and had no doubles. but maybe you can help. THX
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

RueKing, I would try to:
1. Redownload the whole installer
2. Disable the antivirus
3. Reinstall the product with admin rights
phdok
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: phdok

Post by phdok »

""Very strange, because from my point of view in such situation you should have the similar problem with textures at night. Or maybe it's related to shaders somehow :? Very hard to say, especially as I don't remember anyone reported such behaviour.""

I did not have this problem until i coincidentally tried the dusk setting, wanted to look how the sky and cities looked with darker sky. I am on P3D4 btw.
King24
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by King24 »

DD Stanislaw

1. Redownload the whole installer
2. Disabled the antivirus
3. Reinstalled the product with admin rights

No fix. Still getting the same error. Had the same problem with latinvfr, they sent me a manual download. dont know if this will help...
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

OK. Please send us all files located in My Documents*\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Seattle X . There should be 2 files.
*I mean this folder: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Documents

To me this seems like broken registry entries. The installer tries to intall a file into the \Addon Scenery\Seattle X\Documents but there is no such folder. The correct path would be for example D:\Prepar3D\Addon Scenery\Seattle X\Documents . There probably IS an entry in the registry but without any value and this obviously will confuse all installers. You can check that easily by yourself:

Press Windows+R, enter "regedit" and press Enter. Now navigate to the proper directory, which for P3Dv4 is:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 - key name is "SetupPath"
or
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 - key name is "SetupPath"
or
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 - key name is "AppPath"
Check the key value. It should point to where your P3Dv4 is installed but in your case it is probably empty. Additionally something (security settings or other programs) might be blocking the installers from reading that path, but I am almost sure about the solution above.
King24
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by King24 »

DD Stanislaw

the only file I have is the installer.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 - key name is "SetupPath" and HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 - key name is "AppPath" has location D:\ any other add ons I installed works fine no problem.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Okay, perfect.
So the "AppPath" and the "SetupPath" keys should include the path to the folder where Prepar3D.exe file is located (for example D:\Program Files\Prepar3D v4 ). Setting this path corectly should fix that problem.
King24
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by King24 »

The problem is still there. Install still trying to go \addonscenery\Seattle x\documents. Installed failed
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

But can you confirm that both "AppPath" and "SetupPath" keys includes the correct path to the folder where Prepar3D.exe is? Can you show how both entries / paths look like via screenshot here?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

So what is the exact, full path to where your Prepar3D.exe is located?
RueKing, would you actually be available on TeamViewer? This seems like a very non-standard situation, I would be happy to look at it myself and correct a bug in our installer if this is the case.

- - - - -
Marcin - na skrinie powyżej widać, że instalator chce zainstalować produkt pod \Addon Scenery\... co oczywiście jest niewykonalne, bo nie jest to poprawna ścieżka. Oznacza to, że został wczytany klucz, ale jego wartość jest nieprawidłowa. Dziwne jest to dlatego, że instalator posiada zabezpieczenie w postaci sprawdzenia poprawności ścieżki z klucza względem istnienia w tej lokalizacji pliku Prepar3D.exe . Sprawdza to od razu po wczytaniu ścieżki, i jeśli takiego pliku tam nie ma, przechodzi do kolejnego klucza aż w końcu wyświetla ostrzeżenie, że klucza brak i proponuje wprowadzić ścieżkę ręcznie. Dziwię się zatem, że to zabezpieczenie nie zadziałało, chociaż w kodzie wszystko wygląda poprawnie. Trzeba będzie sprawdzić tak - w kluczu usunąć wpis (żeby został pusty) i spróbować odpalić instalator. Przy testach wszystko działało poprawnie.

PS: możliwe, że jednak w kodzie jest błąd... Ale na pewno podczas testów to działało.
PS2: sprawdziłem u siebie różne konfiguracje i wszystko działa perfekcyjnie. Gdy klucz jest błędny lub go nie ma, pojawia się prośba o ręczne wybranie folderu.
rsmith6621a
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by rsmith6621a »

KSEA D Concourse.

I have double gates/jetbridges. How do I get rid of them

Thanks

Randy
King24
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by King24 »

Of course. What do I have to do for team viewer?? "DD Stanislaw"
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

rsmith6621a wrote: Saturday 06 Apr 2019, 14:40 have double gates/jetbridges.
Do you have them in this terminal only? Do you use GSX2? (maybe they are created by this addon)