Seattle Airports X

Latest version: v1.4 (2020)

hobbseltoff
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Eric

Re: Seattle Airports X

Post by hobbseltoff »

I have Seattle Airports X 1.4 installed on P3D 5.1 HF1 and the building for the S gates takes roughly 10 minutes to load in after the sim starts or after flying in. The passenger bridge, jetways, and the rest of the terminals all load in correctly.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Sorry, but we've never observed such issue. I presume you tried to reinstall the scenery with admin rights already. Are you able to share the video which will show us how does it happen in your sim? What are your PC specs and sim settings?
foxbat513
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: foxbat513

Post by foxbat513 »

As others have stated as well, I am also experiencing the duplicate taxiway signs at KSEA while playing on P3d v5.2 HF1. Is this a known issue that will be resolved in an upcoming version?

Thank you.
SMOKEYWOOD
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Smokeywood

Re: Seattle Airports X GSX NOT WORKING

Post by SMOKEYWOOD »

Greetings,

I have p3d v4.5 and the Seattle Airports X installed the only way the jetways work is with the
sode menu not the gsx menu I have uninstalled and reinstalled a couple of times with the
same results.
I would appreciate any suggestions as to how to fix this problem

Thank you
Gene
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hello Gene, frankly speaking we've never promised to control jetways via GSX, especially as this feature was added at the later stage. Some time ago we provided the alternative sdx, which solved a problem, but it seems that it's not working again.

This issue has been noted on to-do list, so we will take a look if the new update will come, but on the other hand we already have very poor sale results in case of the P3D products.

In the meantime you may give a try to the Cartayna files: https://secure.simmarket.com/javier-itu ... ions.phtml
Alphatango2
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Dan

Post by Alphatango2 »

foxbat513 wrote: Tuesday 09 Nov 2021, 21:33 As others have stated as well, I am also experiencing the duplicate taxiway signs at KSEA while playing on P3d v5.2 HF1. Is this a known issue that will be resolved in an upcoming version?

Thank you.
I might have figured out the issue with the duplicate taxiway signs at KSEA on 5.2 HF1. I too had the same issue with only having Seattle Airport X installed. I went into Airport Design Editor, found the location of the default "Stock" airport for P3D and turned APX15150.BGL to "OFF" in Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\Scenery\0101\scenery, folder for trial and error and it removed all the duplicate taxiway signs. Now P3D does throw an error when you turn that file to OFF so I might just go through in ADE and delete all the taxiway signs and compile the stock airport BGL which in theory should remove the duplicate signs.

Hope this helps resolve the issue that I had as well!

-Dan I
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Thanks Dan for sharing this with us and the community.
charliebravo
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: charliebravo

Re: Seattle Airports X Floating tress over KRNT & KBFI

Post by charliebravo »

sorry if this post is in the wrong place, but I have Seattle City X and more recently Seattle Airports X installed within FSX.

The issue I am seeing is that above KRNT and KFBI are a set of floating trees about 500 feet off the ground, and these should obviously be part of these airport sceneries.

I have attached screenshots which help to visualise the the situation that I have. (Sorry the picture is upside down).

Any help is much appreciated.

Regards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
charliebravo
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by charliebravo »

Here is a second screenshot describing the floating trees issue within the airports X scenery within FSX

Thank you in advance for any help in getting these trees back down on to the ground.

Regards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

If you refresh the scenery, trees are still in the air? If you deactivate our scenery, these trees disappear? Everything was ok when we released the scenery and then in the updated versions - we've never received the similar reports in case of this scenery and FSX couldn't have been changed in the meantime :wink: Trees are being generated in our scenery by SODE - do you maybe see any errors / warnings in the SODE log file? Is it FSX or FSX Steam?
charliebravo
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by charliebravo »

Hi, the simulator is FSX accelerator. I haven’t been able to get on the simulator again just yet but your helpful questions will be investigated as soon as I can and I will get back to you.

I have to be honest in the mean time that because the installer for Seattle Airports X doesn’t offer installation other than within the FSX main folder itself and with my hard drive that contains FSX having less than the space it needs available, how I managed to install the Seattle Airports X was to install it on to another computer that I placed an .exe file for FSX on to and allowed the installer to run which it did just fine, then I manually transferred the various files and folder into their respective places apart from the actual addon scenery folder for Seattle X, which I placed on a different hard drive and activated the scenery within FSX manually, this sounds a little complicated but it was the only way that I could do it due to the inflexibility of the installer.

Sorry if this all sounds long winded, but I thought I better mention it.

Regards
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

The installation process described by you theoretically shouldn't be a problem (if you did it properly), but the scenery folder placed in a different hard drive might be, for example for SODE. We've never tested such config, our scenery should be installed via exe file and should be placed in the Addon folder. Otherwise it's really hard to say anything more.
charliebravo
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by charliebravo »

Thank you for pointing this out, however a default installation via the .exe file was not an option for me unless I removed some other large add-on installed within FSX to make room for it. (Scenery packages are much larger these days than they used to be, often around 1GB or more!)

Having said that, the good news is that after re-starting FSX today and flying around your excellent Seattle scenery which includes the Seattle City and the Seattle Airports, I see that all of the trees have firmly rooted themselves in the ground where they belong. 👍🏼

Maybe I shouldn’t have posted on this forum the issue as it was presented to me before first checking that things were still not showing correctly after a refresh or re-start. I know that a lot of scenery providers do allow their scenery to be installed to a user defined location but, the good news again is that your scenery is working very well and I much appreciate it despite my having to work around the installation issue that I had.

Thanks again for your excellent support, I am sure that like myself other flightsim users really appreciate it.

Kind Regards
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Thanks for letting us know - I'm happy to hear that it's working fine now. Happy flying time!
nmahink
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Nafsir

Post by nmahink »

Good evening, I did a short flight from KPAE-KSEA, and the dynamic lights do not light up at the main concourse terminal, only the satellite concourses have the dynamic lighting. I use P3D v5.3 HF2, I even downloaded the dynamic lights effect (The ones that for some reason did not come in the installer. I even added spot light values in the CFG file from 250 to 2000 spot points and still no luck.