Seattle Airports X

Latest version: v1.4 (2020)

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Re: Seattle Airports X

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Is dublicate taxiway signs the only problem or are there several other problems? If so, please provide some more details.
Triple-I
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: Ian

Post by Triple-I »

Martin_Starski wrote: Friday 24 May 2019, 07:37 Hi Ian, as far as I understand you want to use our Seattle Airports X package with T2G KSEA, right?

Can you please show the problem via screenshot? (https://pl.imgbb.com/)

Can you please also attach these files here? (in zip)

MyDocuments\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\[name of the product]\information.cfg
C:\Users\W7\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\add-on.cfg

Have you installed our KSEA in the past?

If you uninstall our Seattle package from your sim, everything is ok and there is no duplicate taxiway signs?
DD Stanislaw wrote: Friday 24 May 2019, 09:15 Is dublicate taxiway signs the only problem or are there several other problems? If so, please provide some more details.
It was duplicate signs and some slow texture/autogen loading in close proximity to the airport. I just gave up, uninstalled T2G, and installed the DD KSEA. Problem solved.
marknie
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by marknie »

For those that are having problems with the night lighting of KSEA, try this - Rename KSEA_Lights.bgl to off. Problem solved. . . .
P3DNerd
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: SteveSmith

Post by P3DNerd »

Hello, I have the duplicate taxiway signs issue too.
I have Seattle X installed but KSEA not installed / inactive in the configurator.

I have Taxi2Gate KSEA installed.

Seattle X is higher in priority in the Scenery listing....above T2G KSEA.

Any assistance with this issue would be appreciated.

By the way, the duplicate signage seems to be the only compatibility issue I am seeing.
Thanks for your time looking into this.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Can you please show the problem via screenshot? (https://pl.imgbb.com/)

Can you please also attach these files here (in zip) or via Email (marcin@drzewiecki-design.net) ?

MyDocuments\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\[name of the product]\information.cfg
C:\Users\W7\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\add-on.cfg
Drzewiecki Design Customer Support
P3DNerd
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by P3DNerd »

I'm attaching a zip file of the config files you requested, and I will send you screenshots if I can figure out how to send them to you.
Hope this is helpful.

Thanks for taking a look at this issue.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi, the attached information.cfg file refers to Seattle City X, not to Seattle Airports X.
Can you also let me know which version of Seattle City X and Seattle Airports X is installed in your sim?

I will put them here to show the problem to the other users - if anyone has exactly the same doubled signs in the sim?

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Martin_Starski wrote: Wednesday 05 Jun 2019, 10:26 the attached information.cfg file refers to Seattle City X, not to Seattle Airports X
Actually, since both products share the same folder, the information.cfg shows the product which had been installed as the last one.
P3DNerd
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by P3DNerd »

Seattle City X v1.0

Seattle Airports X v1.3
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Double signs - first of all this is not our product on those screenshots. :wink:
P3DNerd
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by P3DNerd »

If you read my original post you will see that I have Taxi2Gate KSEA installed with Seattle City X and Seattle Airports X.
I believe your products are supposed to be compatible with T2G KSEA. So where are the duplicate signs coming from that are interfering with T2G if not from your products.

I have Orbx scenery installed and have deactivated the bgl files in the Orbx scenery dealing with KSEA.

So I can't imagine where the duplicate signs are coming from if not from some file installed with Seattle Airports X.....and yes, I did not install KSEA from your Seattle Airports X package.

Any assistance would still be appreciated.

I don't know if anyone else has tried to use the combination of T2G KSEA with DD's Seattle City and Seattle Airport X scenery....and if so, whether they experience the same duplicate sign issues.

I assume that before you stated that your products were compatible with T2G KSEA that you did some testing yourself.....well, what did you find????
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

If KSEA was deselected during install, no files for KSEA should have been installed, including the signs.
P3DNerd
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by P3DNerd »

Well, I'm sorry to say that the issue of duplicate taxiway and runway entrance signs is related to the installer for DD's Seattle Airports X package.

I completely uninstalled Seattle Airports X by the method mentioned in the manual.....relaunching the installer and deselecting ALL the options and airports.....ran the installer with no issues and all airports were uninstalled.

I then launched P3d v4.4 and looked around Taxi2Gate KSEA.....result: No duplicate signs anywhere....problem solved!

Then I exited the sim, relaunched the DD Seattle Airports X installer....checked all the options for installation EXCEPT KSEA, which I left unchecked....ran the installer....all went well with no issues.

Relaunched the sim...went back to T2G KSEA.....and the duplicate signs had reappeared!

So, by process of elimination....seems some file is being installed by DD the creates the duplicate taxiway signs at T2G KSEA.....even though I did not select KSEA for installation in the DD Seattle Airports X installer menu.

I hope this explanation helps and that you could direct me to perhaps a bgl file in the DD scenery folder that I could rename to OFF and eliminate the duplicate sign issue.
Thanks again for paying attention to this post.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Let us check this again - I hope to come back to you soon.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Steve, you might check if KSEA_OBJ_PLC.bgl has ~92kb in size. In case it is larger, you can simply remove it. Anyway, if that file is active there would be much more our content displayed than just vertical signs.