Seattle Airports X

Latest version: v1.4 (2020)

Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Re: Seattle Airports X

Post by Martin_Starski »

jhz94 wrote: Wednesday 22 Apr 2020, 20:22 Do you have exclusions in addition to the landclass and flatten in the cvx bgl?
Hello, yes - there are some exclusions. You may check the attached file, where such exclusions are removed but honestly speaking I cannot guarantee that it will not have any bad influence to some other parts of our scenery. Sorry, but at the moment we are not able to do anything more with this issue.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jhz94
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Joakim

Post by jhz94 »

Hello Martin,
The new CVX solved the issue. A big thank you for your great support and the beautiful scenery!
Anatolski
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Anatolski »

Hi,
to answer your quetions:
1) I didnt change anything im my *cfg.
2) dont no how to post pictures - the language on the buttons etc. is not english, but if i set agn of the texture folder offline only the airports still have autogen
regards, Thomas
72westy
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Jim

Post by 72westy »

Would it be recommended to uninstall the previous version prior to 1.4? I'm running P3Dv3.4.22.19868 and Orbx Global Base Pack, Global Buildings HD, REX Worldwide Airports, REX Tex Direct 4 w/Soft Clouds along with numerous add on airports
72westy
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by 72westy »

Forgot that I'm also running Seattle X as well.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Anatolski wrote: Thursday 23 Apr 2020, 19:33 dont no how to post pictures
You may use this tool for example : https://imgbb.com/
Please post the screenshots with and without agn files - maybe it will help us to identify the cause of problem.
Anatolski wrote: Thursday 23 Apr 2020, 19:33 the language on the buttons etc. is not english
In your profile you can change the language to English, Russian or Polish. You have probably selected Polish during the registration. Go to: Panel zarządzania kontem -> Ustawienia Witryny -> Ustawienia globalne ; you can change the language there. Or simply create another account but select English this time.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

72westy wrote: Thursday 23 Apr 2020, 19:59 recommended to uninstall the previous version prior to 1.4
Clean install is always recommended option but it should work without it too. Personally I often make a backup of the existing scenery folder - just in case :)
72westy
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by 72westy »

I installed Seattle X 1.4 first then Seattle Airports X 1.4 and everything seems to be ok. I did not uninstall the previous 1.3 versions. Made a check of Auburn, Renton and SeaTac fields and all looks good.

Is there a preferred spot for Seattle X in the scenery library? I currently have it right below the Orbx Global base entries. I notice that the airports aren't listed. Is this correct?
72westy
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by 72westy »

This aircraft correct? Everything else at Paine field is perfect.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

72westy wrote: Thursday 23 Apr 2020, 21:55 Is there a preferred spot for Seattle X in the scenery library? I
It is always advisable to get the layering sequence of the scenery correct. All sceneries having airport taxiways, runways, aprons and buildings should be considered to be position on the top of scenery library. ORBX Central makes provision for this in the program settings and you will find it under the section that is named "Library Insertion Point".
Mikesim
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Mikesim

Post by Mikesim »

I followed the update invitation for Seattle Airprt x and Seattle City and installed it, without deleting the prvious versions.

I am using Megascenery earth photoscenery.

I do not see buildings on the Seattle Tacoma airport (did not check other like Boeing Field so far) and also no buildings in the City. I am not on P3D v5 yet, but P3D v.4,5 and will remain there for the next time.

I am using Megascenery earth photo scenery.

The sceneries are installed in C: programs LM Prepare3D v4 Addon scenery Seattle X (obviously Seattle Airports is installaing itself into the same file. Have no idea how it was before)

Today I started with Seattle Airports first and got the message
Seattle Airports x v 1.4 2.png
I than installing both sceneries again, starting with Seattle x 1.4 first.

Any idea, what is going on ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Have you run our installer with admin rights?

You may also check if there are no double entries in your scenery library.

Finally you may try to remove the respective scenery folders from \Prepar3D\Addon Scenery and from \Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons. Then run the installer again.
Mikesim
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Mikesim

Post by Mikesim »

Thanks Martin,

that solved it. I also deleted the obviously corrupted xml file first, which did not leed to the scenery cfg. (?)
Cowhorns32
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Mark

Post by Cowhorns32 »

Martin I have been going in circles with SimMarket. They insist that there is an upgrade purchase, this was decided by Drzewiecki Design and to contact you. If there is an upgrade price I don't mind. I am just getting conflicting information from he forum. I have never received an email from SimMarket regarding Seattle Airports just Seattle City. Thanks Mark
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Mark, I fully understand your frustration but please write in one topic only. We read the whole forum indeed.