Seattle Airports X

Latest version: v1.4 (2020)

rogerthat
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Re: Seattle Airports X

Post by rogerthat »

I recently obtained Seattle Airports X and the demo Seattle City X and installed both.
My innagural flight to KSEA was a night flight and the city representation was beautiful, however, as I was on short final to KSEA 16C I ran out of memory and FSX crashed.

Would there be a greater load to running the scenery in night conditions as opposed to day?

I have not had this problem with Washington X or Chicago Airports X or New York Airports X (JFK/LGA/TEB).
I am running FSX with 16GB of CPU memory so I am guessing the memory issue is with the video card which is an Nvidia GeForce GTX580 and it might be time to upgrade from that card.

I have unchecked the option to display static aircraft

I just wanted to check in here first to see if I am missing something obvious to address the problem.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

The OOM problem is something that is related to FSX engine, which is 32bit. In P3D v4, which is 64bit, such problem shouldn't exist.

What texture resolution is set in your sim?
High AI traffic makes a huge difference too.
Have you also tried to leave only the airports from the package that you want to use - it may be worth deactivating the ones which you are not going to use.
And finally - have you ever modified your fsx.cfg? Some changes may have the influence to such problems.

You may also check this tutorial: https://www.dropbox.com/s/w4wu3vqhf8jkm ... m.pdf?dl=0
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Please make sure to install all Lite Texture Packs that are available with the products.
cflord
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Cliff

Post by cflord »

DD Tech Support

I can't seem to find a definitive answer among the many posts on this site for the elevation issues I'm having with Seattle Airports X for P3D V4.5!
Again I have Win 10, P3D V4.5, ORBX Global, ORBX PNW, ORBX Vector, Seattle City X V1.3, and Seattle Airports X V1.3.
I don't know what changed to cause the elevation issues I am experiencing as the scenery was working fine until recently! A fellow Flight Simmer
has experienced the same exact same issue with his Seattle Airports X scenery recently as well. I can't believe that so many customers of this scenery
are all having the same problems.
I have received no Notifications from DD that there is any kind of fix in the near future! It is also a nightmare just trying to find and track my posts on
this site. Us P3D V4.5 guys would like a pure P3D answer to this problem and not have to sift through hundreds of FSX / FSXSE related posts which are
not helpful to us at all.
Any clear and concise fix to this elevation issue for us P3D V4.5 guys would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
cflord
cflord@bellsouth.net
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

cflord wrote: Tuesday 24 Dec 2019, 00:19 the elevation issues I'm having
Firstly let us know what elevation issues you have in your sim. Without any screenshot and detailed description we even do not have any starting point.
cflord wrote: Tuesday 24 Dec 2019, 00:19 as the scenery was working fine until recently!
Does it mean that it was working fine and now it doesn't? If so, it's necessary to determine what have been changed in your sim since then.
cflord wrote: Tuesday 24 Dec 2019, 00:19 is also a nightmare just trying to find and track my posts on
this site
The search function is working without any issues, so naming it as a nightmare seems to be exaggerated.
cflord wrote: Tuesday 24 Dec 2019, 00:19 pure P3D answer to this problem
Things are not as simple as they seem if you take into consideration dozen of possible configurations and addons that are possible in FSX / P3D.
tbird8034
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: steve

Post by tbird8034 »

I'm getting 30 FPS with a GTX 1070. Yes, it's true AI aircraft can demand lots of GPU resources..........Steve
SpiderX327
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: SpiderX327

Post by SpiderX327 »

Hello happy holidays.
I have Seattle Airports X and Seattle City X, I have this problem.
I use P3D v4.5 HF2, FSGlogal 2018, ORBX Global, Vector, OpenLC
Any ideas to remove that powerline that is part of the ORBX.
Thank you.

https://prnt.sc/qffhst
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hmmm, it shouldn't be there. Our sceneries have the higher priority than ORBX in your sim?
SpiderX327
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by SpiderX327 »

Hi

Yes, is above to ORBX
The powerline persists even with the default scenario
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Spider, I am pretty sure we worked on removing that particular pole. Please give us few days to double-check that.
SpiderX327
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by SpiderX327 »

thanks
Of what I am sure, this is ORBX thing
The KPAE scenario is beautiful and I know that this does not concern them because the problem is of another addon and I am looking for help to remove that annoying powerline, in the ORBX forum they only tell me to remove the representation of the powerline in the application, but that it takes realism from the landscape
tbird8034
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: steve

Post by tbird8034 »

Hi Martin - I love your team's work.However, my home airport KSEA still bedevils me with low fps.I'm already running light textures and low AI, but I drop from > 30 fps to + -10 fps whenever KSEA comes into view. It seems worst at the main terminal. Are detailed interiors a significant fps hit? If so, Is it possible to remove all the interior detail from all of the terminals as is possible with KPAE? I've already removed every KSEA .bgl that I could find in the PNW and FSX scenery folders. P.S. Your NYC airports are terrific with VG fps too............Steve
JClark1121
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: JDClrk

Post by JClark1121 »

Martin,
Recently I started having two separate problems with Seattle Airports X (P3D v4.5). They seemed to start after installing both the new PMDG 737 and the AeroSoft A330 Professional.
- The airport elevation at KRNT is incorrect and places the runway below ground level with steep cliffs up both sides, the taxiways, and at both ends of the runway. I tried re-running ORBX vector config because I think the issue is in there but I can't seem to even find KRNT in the list to exclude airports. I've re-installed both Vector and Seattle Airports X with no fix and tried both independently with no fix.
- KSEA has the correct elevation but the coordinates on the surface don't appear to match up. When selecting a gate to start at once the airport loads I am inside one of the terminals or away from the jetway by about a 737s aircrafts length. If I pull up to a gate the simulator does not register that a jetway is there to use. It looks like the lights are offset from the runways and taxiways too.

I currently have the GSX, ORBX BASE Pack, ORBX VECTOR, ORBX openLC North America, ORBX Pacific Northwest, Active Sky for P3Dv4, and PRO-ATC-X all running with this scenery. Have you seen these issues before or have any thoughts on what is conflicting with what to try to resolve the issues? Also I searched the forum and web and couldn't find anything helpful but if you know of anything and could point me in that direction that would be great too! If it further helps Chicago Airports X is running flawlessly

Thank you,
Jason
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

tbird8034 wrote: Monday 30 Dec 2019, 19:21 KSEA still bedevils me with low fps
We are talking about rather demanding area with some other payware addons and (it's my presumption) probably demanding payware aicraft - and all of this in the old FSX engine, which is taking more power from CPU than from GPU. I do not remember your PC specs, but from many users we heard that the performance is really good. Both AI, lite texture pack, interiors, airports details or static planes can make a difference, similarly as some other active airports or addons around, can make the FPS hit. That's why it's always worth selecting what should be active during the installation process and decide what is not necessary. Even the changes in FSX settings or fsx.cfg (like for example simple TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD) can make a difference and some of people are pushing and pushing new addons to the sim without reinstalling the software for a long time having dozens of sceneries active in the library at the same time. So as you may see, it's really hard to say something more. I can only suggest checking our tutorial: https://www.dropbox.com/s/w4wu3vqhf8jkm ... m.pdf?dl=0 informing how to get rid of OOM and FPS related issues, but for sure there are no magic solutions.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

JClark1121 wrote: Tuesday 31 Dec 2019, 01:03 They seemed to start after installing both the new PMDG 737 and the AeroSoft A330 Professional
Jason, frankly speaking I've never heard that the payware planes can affect the sceneries.
Should I understand that everything was ok wih KRNT and KSEA before? If so, I think you should consider that some other scenery addons were updated or changed something in the meantime. It's alywas worth to do the "clean" install of our sceneries with admin rights because sometimes the simplest tool is the most effective. Then you may check if disabling any ORBX addons for this region makes a difference - If so, it's necessary to find the solution here. There were some suggestions in the past to remove the file "0_cvx_PNW_KPAE_lake_excludes.BGL" from the eattle x / scenery folder - have you tried? And finally make sure that the Seattle Airports are on the top of addons list, above both City or other addons like ORBX / FTX.