Chicago City X

Latest version: v1.3 (2020)

LifeFlight1
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Mike

Re: Chicago City X

Post by LifeFlight1 »

https://ibb.co/s1w5RjG. Yes its on top Martin. No other sceneries in that area that may conflict. :) https://ibb.co/tzT5kB1
LifeFlight1
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by LifeFlight1 »

Martin_Starski wrote: Friday 15 Oct 2021, 17:57 Do you have standard or steam version?

Can you show the issues via screenshots, please?

If everything was ok, some other sim or scenery changes should have impact to our scenery - have you updated any addons or changed something in FSX recently?Have you checked if our scenery has the highest priority?
hey Martin I pulled this shot from a different section of the forum same exact issue however.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

if it's the same issue, you should have also noticed the next comments from the same user:
I have totally removed Chicago X city and airports. Reinstalled JUST Chicago City and it is fixed.
Very odd but its fixed now. I did not install with the Lite texture pack this time maybe that was the issue.
I'm not able to replicate the problem. To be very honest we even do not test anything in FSX anymore, because this sim is very old. Maybe remove the scenery from your hard drive and reinstall it with the admin rights without lite texture pack (even if lite pack shouldn't have any clue). Secondly, please makre sure that you don't use DX10. If all these options don't help, maybe try to rebuild fsx.cfg file.
LifeFlight1
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by LifeFlight1 »

:D just wanted to inform you all that I did in fact get it working again, it was the texture pack. I literally had to uninstall and then reinstall the heavy texture to get all of my buildings to display properly. Everything is working fine today, save that one hospital near O'Hare no matter what I do it's still missing night textures. That was the original reason why I tried to reinstall. Thank you guys very much for the help and feedback.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Good that it's working now.
speecal
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Cal1

Post by speecal »

I think I'm the only person who is having this problem. First I love the Chicago City X and all it includes...The problem I'm having is I cannot get the Jetways to appear at Ohare...no matter what I do with adjusting sceneries inFSX...display settings...etc....I'm hoping there is a simple fix for this...I do see unmovable jetways on some gates but the rest where the airplanes sit there are no visible jetways...thanks for any help or suggestions...
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

speecal wrote: Wednesday 12 Jan 2022, 17:29 cannot get the Jetways
Firstly you wrote your post in the thread referring to Chicago City X but describes the problem with Chicago Airports X package. If it relates to the Airports package and you have this package / addon installed, please write in the respective thread.

This is only my presumption, because you didn't post the screenshot or more details about the sim engine or scenery version, but it might be relating to the missing SODE addon (https://sode.12bpilot.ch/?page_id=9) or you simply need to reinstall it and then reinstall our scenery with the admin rights.
trisho0
100-199 posts
100-199 posts

Post by trisho0 »

I have black buildings with Chicago X installed in FSX. Missing textures? How to fix it?
Pat
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
Please try reinstalling the product. All textures should be in place.
trisho0
100-199 posts
100-199 posts

Post by trisho0 »

Recently I purchased ORBX KCGX Meigs airport scenery which it had mesh problems with DD Chicago City X. After checking, I found the DD Chicago City X Installer has an option to install with ORBX Meigs. I did it but still missing boats and double buildings? Do I need to rename some files?
Posted pictures, when I deactivate DD I can see boats and all fine. If I activate DD the boats disappears and it shows double buildings.
Pat
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Which product has a higher priority in the scenery library?

Our installer searches for Meigs files in order to do the correct install so Meigs has to be already installed. If Meigs is not installed prior to installing the City, the compatibility files might be skipped and the airport area might simply have an exclude on it preventing from any other content to be displayed there. In some cases, our users did the installations once again and it helped. Some have found some conflicting addons too.

Which sim do we talk about? As far as I remember, many users have them both coexisting to perfection.
trisho0
100-199 posts
100-199 posts

Post by trisho0 »

The problem was with both P4D and P5D. Installed KCGX Meigs from ORBX in P4D and also P5D. I had installed earlier the Chicago X and the Chicago City X in both P3D sims. So, after KCGX I reinstalled Chicago City X and I selected the option KCGX and at the end resulted the issue mentioned above. I resolved KCGX by renaming 2 files from Chicago X folder.
Pat
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Making anything compatible with the airport that has not existed for 20 years is quite a challenge... :roll: