Chicago City X

Latest version: v1.3 (2020)

edkap
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Cannot activate scenery as addon in P3D v5

Post by edkap »

Hi-
I cannot activate this scenery in the "Add ons" list in P3D v5. Nothing happens when I try to check the box. The scenery is installed in the "Add on scenery" folder of the simulator, but I see that the Addons list shows the location of an xml file instead of the actual location of the scenery. Apparently, this is a change in V5 because in V4 it shows the actual location of the scenery package. Any idea what the problem is here? Thanks.
-Ed
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Re: Chicago City X

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi. The activation is done automatically by the installer - you do not need to do anything manually.
edkap
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by edkap »

So, then you are saying that even though there is no check mark in the box the scenery is enabled? If that is the case, then another question is raised. How do I disable the scenery if I am not going to be flying around Chicago and don't want it to take up time loading? Thanks.
-Ed
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

I am not sure I understand you correctly. Please provide a screenshot of the Add-ons menu.
davidzill
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: David

Post by davidzill »

Installed Orbx Meigs and Chicago City X. Chicago City X Meigs textures overwrite the Orbx textures, none of the high rises visible. Is there a fix for this? P3DV5
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Please note that in order to have the correct files installed, our product must be installed after ORBX Meigs is already installed and the ORBX compatibility option must be selected during install. I would suggest to run our installer again in order to make sure that all options are checked correctly. If this does not help, please inform us about it.
davidzill
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by davidzill »

Thanks for your quick reply! Yes, this is what I did. Install Orbx Meigs, then Drzewiecki Design Chicago City X. Every looked fine, until I looked around me. Most of Meigs was overwritten by default Drzewicki textures. Reinstalled the installer, no joy. Notably, when I check Chicago City X compatibility in the Orbx Meigs configurator, it doesn’t stay checked when I re-enter the configurator.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

How does it look like in the scenery library? What is the priority?

As far as I understood, you had Meigs first, then installed Chicago City X with Meigs Compatibility enabled, right?

Our installer searches for Meigs files in order to do the correct install so Meigs has to be already installed. If Meigs is not installed prior to installing the City, the compatibility files might be skipped and the airport area might simply has an exclude on it prevending from any other content to be displayed there. In some cases our users did the installations once again and it helped. Some have found some conflicting addons toO.

It's very strange because many users have them both coexisting to perfection.

Can you post the screenshots, please? You may do this via this tool: www.imgbb.com
davidzill
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by davidzill »

Using the tool: https://ibb.co/wYBM1Yq

Overview should give you an idea the Orbx textures have been overridden by your guys' default textures.
I Installed everything in the correct order.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

davidzill wrote: Wednesday 08 Jul 2020, 05:01none of the high rises visible
davidzill wrote: Thursday 09 Jul 2020, 04:50 , until I looked around me. Most of Meigs was overwritten by default Drzewicki textures
Can you describe it more? Which textures are overwritten?

What is our scenery path and ORBX path?

Can you show how does it looks like in your scenery library?
Speedy
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Richard

Post by Speedy »

Will there be an update 1.4 for the Chicago City X product? And if you do an update, could you change the color hue of the beach areas downtown water it displays such an unnatural blue color, I have lived in Chicago for most of my life and Lake Michigan has never been that blue near shore beaches not a very realistic color, I actually uninstalled that product because of the unnatural color hue hoping there would be an update depicting a more realistic water color by the downtown beach areas , flying over it not very realistic. If you want I can reinstall and send some picks of the colors I am talking about around the downtown beach areas thank you.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Thanks for your post and suggestion. We can look at it but please send the screenshot according to which we will be sure whIch part, in your opinion, should be updated.
Speedy
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Speedy »

Okay Martin I will reinstall and get some picks thanks for your prompt reply.
Speedy
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Speedy »

Here are some pics of the water color around the beach front thanks Martin.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

I will check with my colleagues if we are able to do anything with this, especially as many users may have different water color in the sim. Please let me know if you have any water textures installed by the 3-rd party addon or they are default?