Latest version: v1.4 (2020)

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Re: Chicago Airports X

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
Do you mean taxiway centerlines? Please check with the charts as some airports do not have centerlines lit.
foxbat513
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: foxbat513

Post by foxbat513 »

I have attempted twice to get the Chicago Airports X addon to cooperate with P3d v5.2.22.27615 but I am still not having any success. The issue I am experiencing is that the apron, taxiway, and runway textures appear to be missing or using the P3d default textures depending on the area of the airport. Additionally, the runway lights will not illuminate during night time. The methods that I used to attempt to fix the issue are reinstalling the scenery, reinstalling P3d, and changing the insertion point for Orbx sceneries. Below are my issues listed for each of the airport included in the Chicago Airports X addon.

KMDW Issues:
  • Runway textures are missing with only a default pavement/asphalt texture appearing with some minimal details such as touchdown and taxiway center lines appearing.
  • Apron is using the default P3d texture
  • Taxiways are using the default P3d texture
  • Runway and taxi lights do not illuminate at night.
KORD Issues:
  • Apron is using the default P3d texture
  • Taxiways are using the default P3d texture
  • Runway and taxi lights do not illuminate at night.
I am using the following Orbx sceneries:
  • Global Base
  • Global Vector
  • Gobal OpenLC North America
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi, it should work correctly, so it's necessary to get more details.

For example do you see jetways only or our buildings are visible as well?

Can you provide few screenshots to show us how does it look like? You can do it here via this tool for instance: https://imgbb.com/

Are you sure that you don't have any duplicated entries for Chicago Airports in the Scenery Library?

Have you run the installer with admin rights? Maybe your antivir software or Windows Defender blocked to install the respective files.

Do you have the Chicago Airports folder in the following location: ...%\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons ?

Do you have the Chicago Airports folder in the main P3D folder -> ...\Prepar3D\Addon Scenery ? Can you share the file information.cfg here? (you can attach it as zip)
foxbat513
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by foxbat513 »

Hi Martin,

See below for my screenshots and responses to your questions regarding the issue. My "information.cfg" has also been attached within the "information.zip" file.

For example do you see jetways only or our buildings are visible as well?
Buildings, jetways, and static vehicles appear as they should without issue.

Can you provide few screenshots to show us how does it look like? You can do it here via this tool for instance: https://imgbb.com/\

This image shows the taxiways using a default texture and the runways missing almost all of their textures.

This image is showing missing texture details on the apron at KMDW. The image on the product page for Chicago Airports X shows much more detail than what is being displayed in my sim. For example, gate red/white wingtip clearance lines, patches in the concrete/asphalt, and general wear and tear are missing.

This image is showing missing texture details on the apron at KORD. The image on the product page for Chicago Airports X shows much more detail than what is being displayed in my sim. For example, patches in the concrete/asphalt, and general wear and tear are missing.

Are you sure that you don't have any duplicated entries for Chicago Airports in the Scenery Library?
No duplicate entries.

Have you run the installer with admin rights? Maybe your antivir software or Windows Defender blocked to install the respective files.
The installer has been executed with admin rights. Additionally, my antivirus is not blocking any files.

Do you have the Chicago Airports folder in the following location: ...%\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons ?
Yes.

Do you have the Chicago Airports folder in the main P3D folder -> ...\Prepar3D\Addon Scenery ? Can you share the file information.cfg here? (you can attach it as zip)
Yes.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

It looks weird indeed.

What are you sim settings?

Which options have you choosed during the install process?

Can you also make the screenshots of your scenery library? Where is placed our scenery?
foxbat513
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by foxbat513 »

Martin,

See below for my responses. Thanks.

What are you sim settings?

Which options have you choosed during the install process?

Can you also make the screenshots of your scenery library? Where is placed our scenery?

At this point I had removed my Orbx scenery to test various addon scenarios. However, even with Orbx installed previously the Chicago Airport X entry was still at the top.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Everything looks fine indeed - let me check this on my PC again. I get back to you in next 2 days.

In the meantime can you check if your traffic addon do not provide any conflicting AFCADs? I remember such cases from the past.
foxbat513
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by foxbat513 »

Martin_Starski wrote: Friday 15 Oct 2021, 17:50 Everything looks fine indeed - let me check this on my PC again. I get back to you in next 2 days.

In the meantime can you check if your traffic addon do not provide any conflicting AFCADs? I remember such cases from the past.
Thanks Martin. Also yes I did remove the AFCADs that were installed with the JustFlight Traffic Global addon.
foxbat513
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by foxbat513 »

I have stumbled upon a fix for the missing ground textures in my case. Somehow the display of certain ground detail textures is tied to the anti-aliasing setting under the Graphics options menu. Originally I was using just FXAA with anti-aliasing off for maximum performance. When I selected any other option besides off the ground textures at all the airports worked as intended. :D

Additionally, are there any plans for a permanent fix for the runway/taxi light issue at night?

Thank you for assistance.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Good to hear about textures.

There shouldn't be any problem with the runway/taxiway lights - there was a problem when SODE released the updated version in 2020, but this issue was solved in the last version of Chicago Airports X - please follow this post: viewtopic.php?p=20320#p20320
efpg0708
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Eduardo

Post by efpg0708 »

Hello.

I have just installed Chicago Airports but I have no lights at night (runway/taxi).

Thanks

Eduardo
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hello Eduardo. You probably need to install the SODE plugin.
efpg0708
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by efpg0708 »

Hello.

I have SODE installed and working fine for all my other airports.

Thanks

Eduardo
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Which version have you installed?
Are they working if you choose the installer option "lights always on"?
Such issue was solved 1,5 year ago - http://drzewiecki-design.net/forum/view ... 435#p20320 - and shouldn't take place if you installed the last version.
efpg0708
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by efpg0708 »

Hi. Installed the latest option available for download at Simmarket.

The lights work ok if I select always on.

Where can I get an updated version ?

Thanks

Eduardo